Panic Station

Discussion in 'Featured Maps' started by RightSideTheory, Feb 23, 2013.

?

What do you think of this feature?

1. Not my style

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  2. Okay

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Average

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  4. Good

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. Great

12 vote(s)
    80.0%
  1. RightSideTheory

RightSideTheory Legendary
    Forge Critic Senior Member

[​IMG]

Panic Station
    By | [user]Psychoduck[/user]

Players | 12 - 16
    Gametypes | Team Slayer, Capture the Flag, Extraction

Panic Station is a Big Team Battle map created by Psychoduck, the only avian-enthusiast well known for his intelligently designed BTB maps. Panic Station is based on a design that would work well in a smaller map, but also incorporates bigger parties and vehicles. This map truly shines in it's ability to host hilarious yet intriguing situations and strategies involving the warthog. Balancing vehicles with power weapons, pathways, and foot soldiers is no small feat, and Psychoduck has done it with aplomb. Perfect for bigger parties, both competitive and recreational in nature, Panic Station is certainly worth the space on your hard-drive.

"Panic Station" (Competitive) - YouTube

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

If you have seen a map floating around the board that you think is worthy of a feature then head on over to recommend that map for a feature. Additionally, if you have any questions about this article in specific feel free to voice them in our front page feedback.​

2. Skyward Shoe

Skyward Shoe BTB Legend

Awesome Feature, this was the first Big Team map in Halo 4 that really came together and just worked. The map looks super clean and plays a mean game of Extraction, kind of proving to me for the first time how amazing the game type is. CTF also works very well, as there are so many paths to take. Super stoked about this. Once again, great job Duck!

3. theSpinCycle

theSpinCycle Halo Reach Era

Extraction on this map was great. Everything in the layout just made sense.

This map had it coming. Congratulations :)

4. Urban Myth

Urban Myth Ancient

I played this map about a week ago, I have to say, not bad. Congrats on the feature, psychoduck.

5. Given To Fly

Given To Fly MP Level Designer
    343 Industries

I played this map with him ^ and I was having a bad night gameplay-wise, nothing to do with the map though. I couldn't get a single kill for like the first half he game, but then I got the feel of it and started whoopin'. Good map ducky.

6. Audienceofone

Audienceofone Forerunner

This was the first forged map i played in Halo 4 and really enjoyed. The feature is well deserved, the map plays like a BTB dream.

7. Psychoduck

Psychoduck Spartan II
    343 Industries Cartographer Forge Critic Senior Member

Oh herro prease.

Thanks for the feature guys, I'm glad this map turned out as well as it did. I've had a lot of fun on here, and it's good to hear you guys have too. Needs more Muse reference by the way.

8. Auburn

Auburn a dope soul

Congratulations, Duck. Quite frankly, this and another are the only two forged BTB maps I have played in Halo 4, so I cannot make any comparisons. Nevertheless, the games I played on here were pretty darn enjoyable.

9. WAR

WAR Cartographer
    The Creator Forge Critic

Way to go Duck! I've been a huge supporter of this map the first time I set foot on its coliseum walls......floors. You're approach to designing it was really inspirational as well. Glad to see others in the community giving it recognition.