Pallet Parade

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by Cosmic Rick, Apr 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cosmic Rick

Cosmic Rick Ancient

Nemi, I was really looking around for an idea for a big aesthetic element to build the map around. I remembered trying to do this really early on in forge and thought I might have the skillz to pull it off by now. And I have to give thanks to GO43R for letting me kick functionality ideas around with him... even if I didn't go with his feeder suggestion.

Now... how do I beat this? Lol.

2. a dumb cat

a dumb cat Ancient

Dude, you put my maps to shame. A small part of me is jealous, but the rest is of pure respect. Nicely done, and I love the arrows and ON made out of teleporters. When I first saw the pics I thought you photoshopped them in.

This map should definitely be featured. For sure.

--dc

3. Altair4PM

Altair4PM Ancient

I so totally agree with you. Totally. Once I work out how this works, I will call this map great. No, super.
    Amazing...

4. Mayesyboy

Mayesyboy Ancient

Looks nice, DL'ing now.

5. LynnJynh9315

LynnJynh9315 Ancient

Okay, I'm finally getting back to you. I'm really sorry- would have gotten back sooner, but I couldn't find your thread. :(

Anyways, this map is simply amazing. I still don't understand how it all works but its brilliant. Using the teleporters for the falshing "ON" words.... amazing. And the conveyor belt is simply brilliant. I'll be keeping this map for some time.

I gave your map a 5/5 on the ForgeHub voting, I'll do the same on the map itself. Congratulations on a map very well done. :)

6. Nemihara

Nemihara Ancient

Wow, thought You'd have some cool story about how you made a pallet move by grav lifts or something. I guess that works.

7. Metroshell

Metroshell Ancient

This map looks cooooooooool...

8. Cosmic Rick

Cosmic Rick Ancient

Yeah, sorry, no real interesting story. Everyone else. Thanks, really. Keep an eye out for "The Palletizer." It's the same map, but with a more "MLG" weapon-set... coming to an xbox near you. I hope that satiates everyone who doesn't 'dig' the current layout.

UPDATE!!!

The Palletizer is now up for download. If you didn't like the weapon layout before, try The Palletizer. It tones down the power-weapon gameplay and feels a bit more MLG-style. Granted, the overshield is still a regular overshield... but that's because I feel like the MLG custom powerup would imbalance the map. Enjoy!

#88 Cosmic Rick, Apr 20, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2008
  9. Yum_Toast

Yum_Toast Ancient

This is just plain awesome. I can't even play on it cuz i want to ride the conveyer!

10. Epic Tusk

Epic Tusk Ancient

WOOT I got to name "The Palletizer". I'm glad to see this one up rick.

11. Iv0rY Snak3

Iv0rY Snak3 Ancient

you named it? cool, i like it, but it could have been a bit less tacky..

12. Indie Anthias

Indie Anthias Unabash'd Rubbernecker

Yeah that name is in the outter limits (not a bad thing). I had some good games on the early version and I was impressed. Then I saw the big red button you adder, and.... wow. That's all. wow.

13. Epic Tusk

Epic Tusk Ancient

Yeah one night in the shoutbox rick was asking for names for the original and I mentioned "The Palletizer" he liked it but went with "Pallet Parade". Then one day Furious, Orange, Rick, Kapura, and I were conversing in the SB about feature maps and what not. some one brought up "Pallet Parade" and that a certain bird of rust did not like the original weapon setup and that when I suggested he use "The Palletizer" for the MLG style map. to make along story short I suggested he use the name "The Palletizer" for his map.

On my forge-through of Palletizer I notice you:
    -took out FRC for Rockets
    -Splaser removed, Sniper took place
    -mauler above conveyor belt removed
    -spikers paired up with maulers
    -Needler removed
    -BS removed
    -Regen. removed

#93 Epic Tusk, Apr 21, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2008
  14. Gigith

Gigith Ancient

If this isn't featured there is no justice here.
    I'd say the map is great, but I can't really come up with the right words to say how great this map is.

15. Y35 <3

Y35 <3 Ancient

16. Playerhata27

Playerhata27 Ancient

ZOMG!!11111 A WORKIN CONVEYOR BELT THINGY!! omg i love u im guna have fun for hours nd nice job thinking 10,000 miles out of the box cant wait to play =) me like you

17. Cosmic Rick

Cosmic Rick Ancient

Umm... not to be too nonchalant, but I don't care. I know where you did it. It gives you zero advantage in an actual game (except in a few rare, rare cases), and it takes an incredible amount of effort. I could make that wall higher, but I don't want to switch out the stairs there (aesthetic choice), and I don't want to add things like barriers because the map already has lag issues with larger parties and movable objects would only further hurt that.

So, nice work breaking it, but I think Rusty did it long ago. I never said "this map is unbreakable."

Everyone else: thank you kindly, and keep on enjoyin'.

18. MNM1245

MNM1245 Ancient

I played and the map is great but I noticed you don't have to get the OS to start the
    C Belt

19. Cosmic Rick

Cosmic Rick Ancient

This is true, MNM. It works very slowly (on the order of the respawning pallets) to begin with. Then it kicks into high gear when you start actively destroying them at the bottom end (by picking up the OS).

20. GrimAngelXx

GrimAngelXx Ancient

Definitely downloading, this looks amazing, great work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.