Pallet Parade

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by Cosmic Rick, Apr 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kapura

Kapura Ancient

in b4 featured. Srsly, Rick, you always take it to the limit (limit!) of forge. I wouldn't have the skills to make all dem symbols out of teles, but you do it and put all of my maps to shame.

2. HITtheLIGHTZ

HITtheLIGHTZ Ancient

This looks absolutely incredible cosmic, so clean looking too. I'm definitely que-ing and trying this out l8r. Looks like you'll be premium in no time, and would have been guilder with stuff like this.

3. Pigglez

Pigglez Ancient

... OMGZ... cnt think of wrds to describe this map.... its awesome, i had an idea for a conveyor belt but u beat me to it nd i couldnt even think how to do it... this is perfection... i just want to know how does the belt wrk? i guess ill have to DL and do a forge thru to find out!

4. SykoOne

SykoOne Ancient

Wow Cosmic your maps just keep getting better and better. Im a big fan of your maps so Ill definetly check this out. From the screenshots it looks really awesome. Great use of interlocking.

5. HITtheLIGHTZ

HITtheLIGHTZ Ancient

I just did a forge through and all I can say is that this is an absurd map in the absolute best possible way. Only suggestion I would make is perhaps remove either the laser or the Fuel Rod gun, seems like one too many power weapons.

Ohh yeah this map is 100% inescapable too.

6. macpatterson

macpatterson Ancient

I am at a loss for words. this is incredible. the conveyer belt is the best forge creation i have seen to date. and the text with the teles was great! 5 stars. no questions asked, you need bungie favs and FH front page.

HOWEVER!!!, the map design is not the best i have seen in an asymmetrical, i would argue that you need a larger low base possibly another double box worth of room off to the side, behind the low level lift. I would also say that you should cut off the part where the the pallets go to, i think it subtracts from the flow of the map, and it takes a little of the mystery out of it.

I think we are going to see great things from you in the future. ie. Elongation remake cough**

great job

7. G043R

G043R Ancient

ONE WORD.... COMCASMIC!

8. Running Chron

Running Chron Ancient

comic does it again

Cosmic Cosmic Cosmic, I love the originality. To be honest when I saw you first working on it, I though that you were nuts, but you pulled off the conveyor belt somehow... It made me laugh when I seen the final product and it actually worked. The only thing about the map is that I didn't think it had ideal game play. When we played it, it lagged and didn't really play great.. The map is worth checking out just to see that working conveyor belt!

running

9. MattDGiant

MattDGiant Ancient

I did a forge-through and I still can't figure out the genius behind that conveyor belt.

O! And I found both easter eggs.

10. civilian

civilian Ancient

Is there anything under the pallets? A map with a full ground of pallets would be cool, you could destroy the ground to stop a path right? I dont forge but thats a good idea guys.

11. Maxwell360

Maxwell360 Ancient

Really. I guess I just didn't know how it worked or I was too busy fighting off 8 other players and a Cosmic Rick lol

12. !nikheizen

!nikheizen Ancient

Whee, the first pic is me almost getting a 2-for-1 Laser kill.
    I'm just wondering how smoothly the pallets flow in this version.
    Fun map.
    Fun map.

13. Puffy Goodness

Puffy Goodness Ancient

14. Cosmic Rick

Cosmic Rick Ancient

And now to answer all of your questions.

LIGHTS: I might have room for you on my dance card. And yeah, the easter eggs aren't very difficult to find. I'll have to put something more devious in there for the likes of you.

Nitrous: Yeah, the conveyor belt makes the game lag if too many people are in the party of if somebody has a K-mart connection. I haven't seen any bad problems with fewer than 6 people in the party. Thanks for the compliments, though.

The Dew: Evil genius to be exact.

Maxwell: I think LIGHTSOUT responded properly to your first comment, lol. Thanks for being so photogenic.

Mr. Capwnage: Yeah, small maps have spawn problems. I put in as many as I could (that made sense) and used a spawn system that should make it difficult to predict spawns. But there will always be problems with these small maps. People should learn to go up the lifts the other way if they don't want to get assassinated, lol.

Furious D: Thanks. And I can't remember when I put the trip mine in. Thanks for letting me beat you at KotH here tonight.

Hit the Lightz: The laser isn't really a power weapon on this map. It's more of a scare-tactic for the attacking team to use in objective games. And I think somebody managed to get out (just barely with explosions, I'm guessing, but I don't think it can be repeated in game for an exploit)... I never did gobble-proof the map after all.

macpatterson: I was going to leave the bottom area inaccessible, but I decided the map had more 'flava' with the tight area at the bottom.

Everyone else: Thanks so much for the support. I really put my heart into this map, and I think it shows in your comments [/gooeyness]. I hope Pallet Parade stays on a lot of people's hard drives. Go play some crazy king.

15. me_eb

me_eb Ancient

Honestly man, this map gave me a forgegasm. I downloaded it initially just because it looked well done and original. Then when I was doing a forge through I was just amazed by the attention to detail. I love the "ladders" the node spelling (must have taken a month of sundays) and of course the pallet thing that is amazing my favorite part is that it is unbreakable, no matter what kind of crazy explosive combat is going on it still keeps on truckin. Cannot say I have tested gameplay but I can tell it would be good. Aesthetics easily a 10/10 Originality 10/10 Use of forge mechanics (interlocking, conveyor belt (forgegasm) 10/10 Gameplay ?/10...I love you

16. Vicious Vice

Vicious Vice Ghosts of Onyx

When i first loaded this map into my custom games i was expecting an average map. Well, i was not worthy to play this map. The conveyor belt(with an ON button!!!!!!) pure genius i was just in awe for the entire time it was moving. I thought we had seen the limitations of the Forge, boy was I wrong. Not only is this map an engineering marvel its also very fun to play. Everyone entering my room we're in awe when they turned on the belt. This is getting a permeant seat in my Customs. excellent job.

17. David 118

David 118 Ancient

How does the conveyer belt work i must know!

18. Phreakie

Phreakie Ancient

I am completely overwhelmed with this map. Its perfect. The way you got that conveyor belt to run is ingenious. The map is perfectly balanced too! You did a hell of a job here. 10/5

19. Carter C

Carter C Guest

Oh my sweet goodness.

20. BA_Tango

BA_Tango Ancient

Ingenious... simply ingenious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.