Paintball Arena

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Mini Game Maps' started by Paulrus, Jan 20, 2009.

?

How would you rate this map on a scale of 1-4? 4 being the best.

1. 1

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. 2

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. 3

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  4. 4

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. Paulrus

Paulrus Ancient

Paintball Arena
    By: Paulrus

Gametype: Speedball

This is, as suggested by the title/gametype, a symettrical paintball map, great for anyone who likes to jump right into the action. It's a pretty basic map but I find most paintball maps are too complicated anyways. This one has all the usual paintball obstacles, along with a couple of curveballs.

Players spawn with plasma pistols, and one life. It only takes one hit to kill your opponents so rounds are usually pretty quick. However, the fact that plasma pistols have a relatively slow shot speed allows you to take use cover more effectively.

This is just an elimination paintball game so each team gets 10 points for eliminating the other.
    There is no vehicle operation, the warthogs and wraiths are just there for cover. And players receive penalties for beat downs and assassinations for realism.

Hard to get a good overview picture.

Download Paintball Arena
    [​IMG]

#1 Paulrus, Jan 20, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2009
  2. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Talented
    Forge Critic Senior Member

i like the layout of the playing field but i dont entirely understand the gametype. could you post more details plz?

3. Skanky Toast

Skanky Toast Ancient

how much have you tested it to make sure it's good?

edit: jeez i hate the kids that post and log off right away so they can't answer ur quessions..

4. uF HaVoK

uF HaVoK Ancient

This looks quite good, and i like all the different random cover, like the double walls standing up interlocked... lol just kinda there..

Its very good to be random for paintball so i'll give it a 3.5/5

5. MultiLockOn

MultiLockOn Ancient
    Forge Critic Banned Senior Member

it seems to me like every other paintball map out there.Only this one I could have litterally thrown together in five minutes.No joke. Its not an insult but you need to put a lot more effort into your maps.

6. Star iz Legiit

Star iz Legiit Ancient

this is one of my favorite games to play customs on.ANd yours looks really good but the barriers on the far right side could really use some interlocking to make the map look more sufficient

7. zConviction

zConviction Ancient

Looks fun, and not sloppy. But there is nothing good about this, and very unoriginal, but still is pretty fun. And maybee you could add a pic or 2 more. I not downloading since I already have 1 or 2 of these.

overall : 3/5. Ok

8. Fatal VengenceX

Fatal VengenceX Ancient

Needs more details like what weapons do we spawn with and do we have 1 life or more? or how long is are respawn time, not very original but the cover looks original just not the game itself.
    3.7/5

9. waterflame

waterflame Ancient

Its okay for a paint ball map iv seen 2 or 3 better paint ball maps than this one here
    add more pics pleace . what weapons do we spawn with and cant some on just camp at the other teams spwan im not going to D/L 2/5

10. Toofgib

Toofgib Ancient

Sweet

I like this map alot ive played many games on this already testing it and it plays very smoothly. I can see why you placed some things the way you did.
    I like your gun choice it actually does work better than most other weapons and for the reasons you said it did. I like how you get penalties for beat downs and assassinations it makes the game alot more interesting. This is not like many other paintball maps ive seen(not like what another person has replied) most other paintball maps just have rows of crates, barriers, and wire spools, that is not real paintball, this map has lots of cover and good areas to advanced to. It also doesn't look like it was put together in 5 min, the paintball map that was on bungie favorites or is still on there looks like it was put together in 5 min. This map provides for some great game play, and i hope to see more maps from you.

4.5/5

[​IMG]