P1

Discussion in 'Reach Mini Game Maps' started by gingerninjasam, Jan 29, 2011.

1. gingerninjasam

gingerninjasam Forerunner

P1
    Okay so the name isn't very creative and just means Puzzle 1 (even though it's my third Reach puzzle map), but anyway, that doesn't mean that the map isn't.

This map is a fairly easy puzzle map that can be finished in just over 5 minutes if you know what to do, but i can guarantee that it won't be that quick for you. The gametype is Territories (also called P1), so that you can try any puzzle any time. If you get stuck on a puzzle, just press the rage button (land mine) to respawn in the Hub, but look out. it gets it's name for two reasons, you use it to rage quit, or it makes you rage if you accidentally bump it. The map features new puzzles. Some are puzzling, some are just annoying, but it is guaranteed that this takes more brain power than skill power, because I for one am sick of not being able to make some ridiculous jump or being expected to navigate my way through an invisible maze of kill zones and teleporters. As a hint to get you started (or finished), the Hub may contain a puzzle or two of it's own.

Picture Time!!! (the relevant write-up for the picture will be above it. Oh yeah, and when I say 'new trick', it means I discovered it while forging, but doesn't mean someone didn't before me and you all might already know it.).

The Map, which is very compact
    [​IMG]

The Hub (top)
    [​IMG]

The Hub (bottom)
    [​IMG]

Puzzle 1a...new trick
    [​IMG]

Puzzle 1b...new trick
    [​IMG]

Puzzle 2a
    [​IMG]

Puzzle 2b...there is a trick to this...or you can do it with skill. It is very easy if you use your brain.
    [​IMG]

I recommend doing puzzle 3 last because the territory (spoiler) might respawn.

Puzzle 3...Remember halo 3?
    [​IMG]
    (there is more to puzzle 3 but it was hard to take screenshots)

Mongoose(a)
    [​IMG]

Mongoose(b)...overview
    [​IMG]

Please comment...I like feedback, even negative feedback (if said politely)