Overdrive

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by kingkai93, Jul 8, 2008.

1. kingkai93

kingkai93 Ancient

NAME:
    Overdrive

CREATOR:
    Kingkai993

DESCRIPTION:

A small enclosed map designed for fast gameplay with a few special features. It is a fairly simple map, but is a lot of fun when you play it. Consists of two main rooms, connected by entrances and hallways. In one sided games, two of the four entrances to one of the rooms are blocked off, concentrating the action even more. Very fun, very easy to find all the action.

ROOMS:
    This map is made up of two main rooms, one of them consists of two levels, the bottom level has 3 ground entrances and an entrance through the ceiling from the top part above it. This room also contains a wall made of fence walls interlocked with shield walls, to create a solid wall that you can see through, that also stops both players and bullets.

The top half of this room has two entrances and one exit through the floor. Part of it's floor is made of fence walls, enabling you to shoot from above at players below.

The other main room is basically an open room, with two open double boxes in the middle to make it less open. This room has two lifts that take you to a higher walkway, which you can use to get into the top part of the other main room. The walkway basically surrounds most of this room.

PLAYERS:

This map is best suited for 3-6 players, as this fits its small size.

GAMETYPES SUPPORTED:

This map is set up for slayer, king of the hill, oddball and assault. It is a lot of fun playing it in one bomb assault. It is also very fun in free for all swords.

WEAPONS:

I have not placed any weapon spawns in this map, because i found that for it, it's best for everyone to have the same weapon. Though if you wish, feel free to save your own versions of the map with your own customised weapon layouts.

EQUIPMENT:

Same deal here.

VEHICLES:

Vehicles on this map would just be completely stupid.

PICS:

The bottom part one of the main rooms
    [​IMG]

The top part of one of the main rooms
    [​IMG]

One of the sides of the other main room, including its top walkway
    [​IMG]

A view of the room with the shield/fence wall from ground level (by the way that teleporter is only so if you end up outside the map you can get back in, you shouldn't encounter this problem, though)
    [​IMG]

An overview of my map with the roof taken off
    [​IMG]

An overview of my map with the roof taken off, taken at a different angle
    [​IMG]

DOWNLOAD LINK:
    Bungie.net : Community : Forum Topic Listing : Forum Reply Listing

I hope you enjoy this map, please comment and put in suggestions so I can make it better.

#1 kingkai93, Jul 8, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2008
  2. V

V Ancient

Sounds like a good map. I'd DL right now but I have the full 100 DLs filled right now. And, Oddworld, he said there was a bug on Bungie.net so I think he's tried to get them on this thread already.

3. kingkai93

kingkai93 Ancient

i already know how to embed images, i explained that a bug stopped me from embedding them for the time being.

4. sgt n00b34

sgt n00b34 Ancient

Yeah, it works for me too! I just dont like dl until i see pics. so im gonna wait. Sounds cool though!

5. kingkai93

kingkai93 Ancient

ok then, thanks, that would be great, my gamertag is kingkai993, the pictures arent in my fileshare, just in my bungie.net pictures, theres three of them, named i think 'slayer 004, slayer 005, slayer 006'

6. kingkai93

kingkai93 Ancient

yes it is, thanks!!

7. kingkai93

kingkai93 Ancient

can you please post the codes for these so i can embed them?

8. kingkai93

kingkai93 Ancient

sorry, i cant really have an overview, as it has a low ceiling, sorry.

9. Kronos

Kronos Ancient

10. kingkai93

kingkai93 Ancient

ok, i have put in the pictures and also put in an explanation of the rooms in more detail, sorry for the delay. thanks for helping me with my trouble.

11. OddWorld17

OddWorld17 Ancient

ok ive deleted all my other messages... about how to embed images and stuff... to leave room for people with .. meaningful messages to post i suggest everyone else does that too.... also I have an idea for an overview.... all you have to do is delete the roof.... bbut DONT save and then take pictures of it... when you post it on forgehub just say this picture was taken with the roof removed.... hope it helps! I give your map a 3.5 out 5..... an overview might get u a 4 out of 5.Peace!

12. kingkai93

kingkai93 Ancient

good idea, ill do it later though.

13. sexy dude

sexy dude Ancient

i think you need more pics of the map there is only two i think the two pics are good thought but don't show alot

14. OddWorld17

OddWorld17 Ancient

umm theres 3 pics.... adn we have already touched on that subject!

15. xSharpshooter94

xSharpshooter94 Ancient

this map looks ok maybe a littlew geomerging and some interlocking here and there. but i do like the alternating wall and fence wall floors

16. Th3 Bl4k Pl4gu3

Th3 Bl4k Pl4gu3 Ancient

The map is pretty good

I think you should have put in weapon and equipment spawns that would have made the map better in my opinion.

17. Speed-e-cake

Speed-e-cake Ancient

I like the map, it's well constructed, I wish there were weapons on map though. :/

18. an old granny51

an old granny51 Ancient

looks like a good 1v1 or 2v2 map. I haven't seen that many maps have no weapons or equiment. I also like the idea of the 2 main rooms. Good map idea. 4/5 will dl

19. fergfighter

fergfighter Ancient

its ok i just dont like small spaces unless its infection.
    otherwise its pretty good, nice interlocks

20. kingkai93

kingkai93 Ancient

since some people want weapons and equipment for this map, im thinking of making a V2 with my own weapon and equipment spawns, ill have a play around with different sets.

also, i have now added 3 more pics to it, including 2 that are overviews taken with the roof off.

also, i found that the funnest game to play on my map is 6 player free for all swords, 3 on 3 or 2 on 2 assault, and good old normal slayer about 4 or 5 players best.

#20 kingkai93, Jul 8, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2008