Overcharged v2

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by X DeepSnow X, Jun 15, 2008.

?

Gud?

1. Terrible

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Passable

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Good

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. A lot of fun.

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. X DeepSnow X

X DeepSnow X Ancient

Hello all of Forgehub. I have always enjoyed playing on many of your great maps, so I feel as if I should return the favor with one of mine.

I present the map "Overcharged". This particular one is the second version of it, the result of many reworked spawn points and weapons giving it the extra title of "version two".

--As a new member, a quick overview of my forging that you can simply skip over. I am a fan of war/urban combat maps. And therefore have many (Not on my file share) "America Vs *Other Country*" maps or others that include many buildings, rooms, and corners. This map is my first attempt at a normal, balanced, symmetrical map. Enjoy--

Alright, this map is suitable for:
    -Team Slayer. MLG works wonders, BR starts, 110% speed and lack of enemy on the radar. 4v4 is great. Anything above gets a bit hectic, but we did a 7v7, and it still worked.
    -Multi Flag (Theoriticaly, I set up the flag spawns and returns, but havent played it)

It contains:
    -1 Sniper Rifle with 8 Rounds and 45 Second Respawn. Top platform of overpass.
    -1 Mauler with 1 extra clip and 45 Second Respawn. Bottom floor, center resting in a weapon holder.
    -2 Battle Rifles with 36 Ammo, (no spare rounds) 30 Second Respawn. Bottom floor, one near each teams respawn. (Open Double Boxes)
    -2 Carbines with 1 extra clip. 30 Second Respawn. Bottom floor, on opposite left and right sides of map.
    -2 Stickies, one on the top of each flight of stairs.
    -2 Bubble Shields, 90 Second Respawns, one on opposite bridge entrances to the overpass.
    -2 Regenerates, 90 Second Respawns. Mildy difficult to obtain, mini towers jutting out on the Bottom Floor.

Majority spawn on the bottom level. While not completely eliminated, sheild doors and two exits, (aswell as a safety spawn on the top level) help to disencourage spawn killing, even though its fun and all.

Because I know how much all of you love it, a good deal of the map is interlocked, I have some stuff for looks, such as a string of custom powerups (pretty unreachable unless you nade jump) trying to replicate an almost "Electrical Charge" flowing through the map. Stairs are interlocked to make it even with the platforms they lead too. Some walls are interlocked so they fit, nothing too special but nothing to ugly standing out.

[​IMG]

^Quick overview of map, no Overpass (Second Level) included. This is what I refer to as the "Bottom Floor"

[​IMG]

^More Bottom Floor except with the Overpass in place.

[​IMG]

^Double Box Set spawns. Each team has one, placed opposite from each other. (Symmetrical map once again) Top spawn leads to a tower with 3 different direction branches.

[​IMG]

^The three branches I just described. The leftmost one leads down stairs to the bottom floor. Middle takes you to the Overpass. Otherside looks excatly like this aswell.

[​IMG]

^Stairs, randomness, I don't know, just look at the picture.

[​IMG]

^Overpass, links to the other side. Which happens to look excatly same as the side you just came from. Did I say symmetrical?

Sooo. Mah first contribution. Give it a go, I played around with it beforehand, and just about everyone liked it. But really, I am looking for more of a critiquin, so I can improve in the future. But unfourtunatly, I lack the ability to sit home all day, so do not bother me with "Go interlock the entire floor" stuff. Thanks.
    Download-
    Bungie.net : Community : Forum Topic Listing : Forum Reply Listing

#1 X DeepSnow X, Jun 15, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2008
  2. weaselraider08

weaselraider08 Ancient

looks good. Ill check it out.
    and im the same way bout interlocking floors and all the tiny details. I don't have the time to do it. Or if i do have the time then i just don't feel like it. :)
    but i will go and try it out and give a few comments.

3. sgt.pepper

sgt.pepper Ancient

looks smooth and very gameply i bet. ill dl. good job considering its ur first sym. ill dl

4. Kronos

Kronos Ancient

Other than the upper part, it looks decent.
    The top part is kind of slanted, I would have expected that t be better considering it's the second version. Maybe try interlocking those double boxes that you walk on, or at least flip them over?

5. ICanHazH34DSH0T

ICanHazH34DSH0T Ancient

Looks very nice incorperates many aspects of a good map. Nice Work.

6. X DeepSnow X

X DeepSnow X Ancient

Thanks everyone.

Aha, yes, I was waiting for the mention of the slight, slant, on the overpass center. The answer to this is that is has no effect on gameplay, simply bothers the hardcore forgers. And the double boxes, it is almost better that way. You dont keep stand on them enough to notice any uneveness, which is minimal anyway. The center is made up of even fence walls and the top bridges are pretty smooth.

7. Kronos

Kronos Ancient

Most of the map is smooth enough, don't get me wrong.
    And interlocking doesn't even get rid of bumps, it should, but it doesn't, it helps though.
    But flipping the boxes over, and fixing that wall, will make the appearance of your map look a lot better.

8. Jump4h

Jump4h Ancient

looks like a fun map. the lower part is solid and clean looking.
    the overpass, however, has parts that seem crooked/unlevel. Also, you may want to flip over your boxes and bridges for smoother walking.
    good map overall, though.

9. cheezbob

cheezbob Ancient

I like the vertical combat produced by those fence walls!

10. Django

Django Ancient

Being a new member to forgehub, this is one of the first maps I saw, and man, it is a great first impression. I downloaded it and played around with it with a few friends. Amazing gameplay, and everything looks great too. The pictures do injustice to how the map really looks ingame. All-in-all, a great map, and I'm expecting more.

One thing I was confused about was the easter egg on the bottom of the map...

11. LaTurno11

LaTurno11 Ancient

looks fun ill DL this map for shure.

12. X DeepSnow X

X DeepSnow X Ancient

Haha, alright thanks everyone for both the posotive and constructive feedback. Glad to hear I did alright for my first published map. And it seems like if enough people want it, maybe I will flip over the boxes.

@Django, yup, pretty awesome aint it? :p