Sandbox Oval Street.

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by IISharpFoxII, Sep 16, 2009.

1. IISharpFoxII

IISharpFoxII Ancient

Hey, this is my first multi flag map.
    Download link; Bungie.net : Halo 3 File Details
    Oval Street.
    [​IMG]

Creator; IISharpFoxII

I forged this map in length, like narrows.

The map contain;
    -100% symetrical
    -basement tunnel
    -oval first floor
    -oval second floor
    -strait 3st floor
    -two anti-spawnkill base
    -and two pit

Weapon;
    Br; x8 (10sec)
    carabine; x2 (30sec)
    brute shot; 2x (60sec)
    needler; x2 (30sec)
    sniper; x1 (120sec)
    sword; x1 (120sec)

Equipment;
    plasma nade; 4x (10sec)
    Bubble shield; 2x (60sec)
    Drain; x2 (60sec)
    regenarator; 1x (90sec)
    overshield; 1x (180sec)

Video;

YouTube - Halo 3 forged map; Oval Street.http://www.youtube.com/v/lEnqm0qTtkg&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_profilepage&fs=1"></param><param

Screenshots;
    overview
    [​IMG]
    global view
    [​IMG]
    Blue anti-spawnkill Spawn (all screenshots from blue base are the same on red base)
    [​IMG]
    Blue Base; Blue Pit
    [​IMG]
    Basement tunnel and oval first floor entrence
    [​IMG]
    View of the blue base from the exit of the spawn
    [​IMG]
    Basement tunnel shape from under the map
    [​IMG]
    basement middle (overshield and sword spawn)
    [​IMG]
    3st floor (sniper and regen spawn there)
    [​IMG]
    parts of the map (i did that really fast)
    [​IMG]

Enjoy my map.
    Download link; Bungie.net : Halo 3 File Details
    I am open for constructive comments.
    (finally, i am french, sorry for the probable mistakes)

#1 IISharpFoxII, Sep 16, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2009
  2. ..::Brotherston!x

wow nice man
    Looks really good
    ill dl and rate again
    ascetics 5/5
    playabilty5/5

#2 ..::Brotherston!x, Sep 16, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2009
  3. Imnickjames13

Imnickjames13 Ancient

Looks very good. I'll D/L and get some test games in next time my buddies are on.
    The only thing i think may be a problem is the sword placement. Sword and OS next to each other I think will cause some problems. Making the sword too overpowering. I think if you move the up to the first floor that will help. A sword or shotgun are usually best placed in a very open area adding to the risk versus the reward of the power weapon.

4. nikko

nikko Ancient

Looks nice. Will dl.

One thing: 3st floor?

#4 nikko, Sep 16, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
  5. BRANKE0H

BRANKE0H Ancient

Very nice map by the look of it from the thread.It looks like it would support many of the gametypes very well, maybe for the v2 of this map if you are making one you should make bigger bases or maybe put up some walls so there is more cover. This is just my opinion and maybe it would improve the gameplay a little bit. Keep forging and great job 4.5/5!

#5 BRANKE0H, Sep 16, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
  6. schleb

schleb Ancient

looks like a very good overall design with some close quarter battles, yet still long lines of sight for br/snipe.....but i would suggest moving the sword or moving OS....putting them together is a no-no, whoever wins the race to os gets a 4-6sec invulnerability....with a sword...no fair lol. Try moving os to top center or somthin, i would keep sword in the basement so you cant drop on ppls head with it when you get it! 4/5

7. Benzu Akamaru

Benzu Akamaru Ancient

Perfect in everyway except for the fact that it can only do CTF efficiently. That's pretty much all there is to say about the map, I don't like one-gametype maps unless it's a mini-game map.

8. i can forge

i can forge Ancient

cool map, Pretty plain design but its still very nice and well built.. maybe put man cannons on the side kinda like how they have on narrows.. That might spice up the game play, and even make the map look better.. keep up the forging

9. IISharpFoxII

IISharpFoxII Ancient

Thank you to everyone who comments, i gonna listen to your suggestion, and probably do some changements

10. cowboypickle23

cowboypickle23 Ancient

wow this is very good. i like the multi stories but at the same time its very compacted. great map.

11. Joe is Outside

Joe is Outside Ancient

I played on this map with you and it is really nice, I really like the 3rd floor, with the arch.
    Good job, 9/10

12. LivesOn

LivesOn Ancient

Cool map, I like the structure in the middle.

If you want to embed the YouTube video, copy and paste this:

Code:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEnqm0qTtkg

13. DeKnoZx

DeKnoZx Ancient

I really like the overall idea of this map. It reminds me of a more complex version of Narrows... The only problem I have with this map would have to be that from your base you only hae one choice; going forwards toward the middle. Personally I feel like you deffinitely need to work to add something else to take you around the side (not a mancannon but something else). Also I would highly reccomend exapnding the middle making it longer that might do the trick, making walkways wider and giving you mroe options I guess you can say. I also think the bases might need some redesigning so when a team has a set-up, the opposing team doesn't get stuck with no way out. Also regarding the middle I would highly suggest making the middle so you don't have to jump as much and have more ramps..... If you want me to show you my ideas send me a friend request: xZonKeD

I won't be on until sunday night but yeah...

14. Dreaddraco2

Dreaddraco2 Ancient

Are you supposed to be able to reach the "roof" of the 3rd level?

15. Nondual

Nondual Ancient

Nice map, I really like the aesthetics and I think you did a good job forging. We actually played a 3v3 slayer game on it last night, and it went pretty well. Even though the map is very linear, it supports more people than you would think, thanks to the multiple layers. Maybe even 4v4.

Some thing you should definitely think about are the direction you have your spawns facing. All spawn should more or less be pointing toward the center of the map/ where you want your players to be going. When we spawned in, myself and one other person walked in completely the wrong direction. Add that to the fact that you have the red team spawning at the blue colored side and vice verca, and you get VERY confused players. I should have saved the film and sent it to you, but because someone recommended this map, this is the first time I've seen this thread.

People have posted some very good suggestions about this, it's cool you're open minded about changing things. It's a good Idea that you left all your pieces still there in the basement, in case you want to change things. But in the final version you should delete all unused pieces to help with lag. More pieces = more connection needed.

Nice job making this, keep up the good work!

16. IISharpFoxII

IISharpFoxII Ancient

Thank you all for he returns, now the map is full (i ran out of place in the map). So it'S gonna take me some more time to do the changements. You gonna probably see a second version of the map in the futur. (Oval Street v2.)

Again thank you for all of your motivating comments

17. Jex Yoyo

Jex Yoyo POETRY, bitch.

Agreed. I also have to say that it is way too small for anything much, maybe if you had alternative walkways going across both sides. i.e. there is the middle path, the left path, and the right path. The outer two can curve or something cool. Aesthetically, no complaints. It looks awesome. One last thing to note; It looks sloppy when you take your pictures in forge mode. If you stick with custom games it looks professional.

18. TehRandomBoi

TehRandomBoi Ancient

I just noticed that it resembles that assault carrier or whatever covenant ship it was in someones sig. Like you know, the outside is the top of the ship, then the lower floors are surface access points. Ver good map, at first I though it was just the top floor. I'll DL in 2 days, hopefully it's as good as it seems.

19. Jex Yoyo

Jex Yoyo POETRY, bitch.

I just finished full testing of this map with my friends, and basically nailed it with my first post, except forgot to mention that you spawn kill protected starting points are an excellent source of your daily grenade spam. Most people stick with nasty hotdogs, but idk.

Unrelated; Nice sig, iron maiden FTW!

20. IISharpFoxII

IISharpFoxII Ancient