Sandbox Outskirts Remake(campaign)

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Aesthetic Maps' started by Loud, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Loud

Loud Ancient

This is my long awaited project of Halo 2's campaign level. The Outskirts. I have replicated every single part of the level and brought it over to Halo 3. I even added a few Halo 3 twists to it to make it into a playable map! This map is to be played with 4-12 players and on slayer only At the moment. Well... I know you want to see the pictures. So here they are.
    Made by LiI Shadovv(me) and SP MiLLaRky

[​IMG]
    Broken Down "Pelican". The hornet spawns in the kill ball, gets destroyed and falls down so it looks like the destroyed pelican in the H2 campaign level.

[​IMG]
    The Light. The little light you could jump up on in the beginning of the level.

[​IMG]
    The Jackals. This after you jump up on the light. On Heroic/Legendary there are Sniping Jackals that use Covi Snipers. So if someone comes up here and starts sniping you with the Covi Snipe. It feels like youre getting sniped by the Jackals

[​IMG]
    The Ramp. The ramp that you go down after you come out of the pelican room.

[​IMG]
    The Courtyard. The courtyard that you go into after coming out of the ramp.

[​IMG]
    The "Trees". The trees that are in the courtyard.

[​IMG]
    The Gate. The gate from where the buggers come over.

[​IMG]
    Needler spawn. The spawn of the needler. It feels like youre actually getting hit by the buggers.

[​IMG]
    The Door. The door from where the two hunters come out of.

[​IMG]
    The Hunter Explosion. A fuel rod cannon is placed inside to bust the doors down. It feels like a hunter is actually coming out of the door.

[​IMG]
    Inside the Door. The Inside of the Hunter Door.

[​IMG]
    Alley. The beginning of the alleyway on the left of the courtyard.

[​IMG]
    Alley Back. Back of the Alley.

[​IMG]
    The Four Hiding Places. These are the few little hiding places you can go into to get your shields charged up in the campaign level.

[​IMG]
    Ammo. The Ammo Cache in the very last hiding spot.

[​IMG]
    The Jump up. The Little Jump up you could do to to get on top of the 2 story of the structure. Through the little hole.

[​IMG]
    The Structure. The third part of the campaign level of where you go into the Structure. This is the outside view of it.

[​IMG]
    The Structure. The inside view of the structure with the "Tree"

[​IMG]
    The Walls. The little walls you could hide behind if you needed cover. The only thing you cant do is break them down. :(

[​IMG]
    The Turret. The Turret you could use on the map. You could use it to destroy your enemies, use it against the hunters and make them minced meat.

#1 Loud, Jun 24, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2009
  2. Loud

Loud Ancient

[​IMG]
    The 3rd Story. The 3rd story jump up to obviously get on top of the third story. Watch out for Snipers!

[​IMG]
    The Boardwalk. This is supposed to be a Building but because of item budget, I had to make it a Boardwalk and it turned out great.

[​IMG]
    Back Rooftops. The Back of the Rooftops you could get into. This is where the grunts and elites came out of.

[​IMG]
    The Rooftops. The top of the rooftops + the jump up you could do to get on top of the Roof. A sniper is put there for a great sniping spot.

[​IMG]
    The Rooftops. The top of the rooftops again + a side view of it.

[​IMG]
    The Street. The street next to the rooftops. Again the grunts and elites came out of here.

[​IMG]
    An Overview

[​IMG]
    Another Overview

[​IMG]
    And Another Overview

[​IMG]
    Yet Another Overview.

vvv Download this Remake Here vvv
    http://www.bungie.net/Online/Halo3UserContentDetails.aspx?h3fileid=83472125

Test it out. Give Me Feedback. Tell me Flaws. And i Will fix.
    Hope you enjoy!

Edit: Sorry for double post. I couldnt fit in one.

#2 Loud, Jun 24, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2009
  3. Darkastic

Darkastic Ancient

Wow that's really well thought-out, you put a lot of work into this I can tell. I do have a question, is this built as a playable map, too? Like can you access all the guns? Makes me wonder if this belongs in aesthetics, or maybe more towards competitive. Awesome work.

4. Loud

Loud Ancient

Yes this is a totally playable map. Its used for Team slayer. You can use FFA but the beginning spawns will be fcked up... and thanks :)

#4 Loud, Jun 24, 2009
  5. hyabusa1337

hyabusa1337 Ancient

WOW finally possibly they best campaign mission ive ever played ( and also the one with the most glitches) this map is an awesome remake of it i really like the hunter doors because the hunters were a really interesting part of the level. I like how you have all the roofs which you to be able to get up to and is it possible that if ur on the gate that enemies cant spawn in the hunter door because if it is its just like campaign :)

6. Royal Bloodbath

Royal Bloodbath Ancient

i made a map like that but its better and it has a game type called hunters and its infecshon a the humans kill the hunters but know i need some one too help me post my own now and good map needs a roof a bit too open and wheres a gametype how do you play it good 3/5 just a tip go play halo two and then come back and make a v2 and i like how its slayer

#6 Royal Bloodbath, Jun 24, 2009
  7. T3RA PROWL3R

T3RA PROWL3R Ancient

Nice map. I think you need to open just a bit more areas. Like, how do you get into the hunter spawn? Also, they are called drones. Not buggers.

8. starman208

starman208 Ancient

I'm really happy to see this, I always loved this level. My only problem is that it doesn't feel much like it with the sandbox skin on things.

First off, please try to use punctuation. Starting off a post by saying that you made the same map, but better, isn't really a great way to start, either.

Technically, they are the Yanme'e, referred to as both buggers and drones by the humans. So anything goes.

9. Mister Tumnis

Mister Tumnis Ancient

Is there any Jackals in the courtyard?

I'll definately be downloading this.

10. Loud

Loud Ancient

Thanks guys for the comments. i hope you test it. v2 is now up in my fileshare. i had to fix some stuff on it. spawns, weapons, etc.

Hope you guys enjoy!

11. FUFHA

FUFHA Ancient

nice job, man.

great aesthetics, it really feels like im in the campaign when i playing this map. I just love blasting the doors down with the fuelrod. (i really wish that people wouldnt frown apon it in multiplayer (sadfaic))

12. Loud

Loud Ancient

actually it works great in multiplayer. spawns are placed perfectly so you can play team slayer on it

13. Millarky

Millarky Ancient

This is definitely the best remake of any Halo 2 map I have ever seen except for Warlock. Who ever thinks that there is no way to get into the hunter spawn obviously is not aware that the uhhh PALLETS ARE BREAKABLE.... and i highly doubt bloodbaths remake is just as good..... Much time and effort put into this. This was my all time favorite Halo 2 campaign level and it came it really good. item budget ran out so we couldn't build ALL of the buildings but if we had unlimited resources id remake the entire thing lol. Awesome remake..

14. Loud

Loud Ancient

v2 Changes...
    1. Ceiling was built on top of the Covi Sniper because people were doushes and were able to get on top of the map.
    2.Some objects on the map were not placed at the start of the game. Now fixed.
    3.2 Added Spawns to the Red and Blue Base
    4.Walls on the 3rd Story were fixed (crooked and slanted) and people were able to get behind them

Hope you like the changes

Edit: Millarky thanks for your input on this thread :) ILY!

15. abixenator

abixenator Ancient

5/5, nicely done. I loved this level in Halo 2, and the idea of the Hornet blowing up is great.

Couple ideas:

- Add the oddball spawn where the Blind skull was (from jumping on the light near the start and getting on the roof). Just for the humorous aspect if someone starts Oddball on there.

- I know it's asking a ton, but seeing the skill in this map maybe you should consider making a remake of the second section. Even make it possible to get to where the IWHBYD skull was and the secret alcove from which the grunts shot in front of Hotel Zanzibar. That was my favorite part of Outskirts.

Very well put together. An accurate remake.

16. Loud

Loud Ancient

thank you very much.
    I would put the oddball but i have reached the Object Limit.
    We tried doing it for humor as you said but like i said before we reached an object limit lol.
    Well i hope all you guys enjoy!

17. I am teh forger

I am teh forger Ancient

Wow. This map is absolutely stunning. This was my favorite Halo 2 Campaign Level. 10/5. I love it. Everything is in place and in the right spot. Im going to DL this when my queue is done.
    Nice Work

18. Loud

Loud Ancient

Haha thanks bro. This is definatly one of my best piece of work. I wish this could be on bungie favorites...

19. KNEE TO FACE

KNEE TO FACE Ancient

Dear Royal Bloodbath,
    Please stop hurting me.
    Love, The English Language.

Awesome map bro, it looks great! I remember this level from campaign and this looks like it will be fun to play on. Ill DL it and test it out.

20. Loud

Loud Ancient

thanks man.
    and seriously bloodbath might have the worst grammar ive ever seen in my life lmfao.
    But yeah test out my map and ill test out some of yours