Outside of Standoff How-To

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Th3 1d, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Th3 1d

Th3 1d Ancient

Note: if you would just like to get out of the map, without the fun of doing it yourself, here it is. All the map consists of is two respawn points outside of the barrier

Have you ever thought of an awesome idea for a map, and then realize you have no way to make a fall to your death suicide. Have no fear, How-to get off of Standoff is here.

The first thing you should do is start a Forge game and proceed to the Launch Pad #1.

[​IMG]

Next go to the nearby hill and construct a Sender Node.

[​IMG]

Then rise directly above the node, create a Receiver, and wiggle it around until it appears to shoot outside of the map.

[​IMG]

Now for the hard part, at the moment you drop the receiver, fly directly into the sender and hope you get outside of the map before the node either disappears
    or flies back onto the map. Note: If you have a guest or an extra controller, simply have them hold it while you go through the teleporter.

You are now outside of Standoff!!

[​IMG]

Currently the only method of building out here that I have confirmed is placing a double box and then quickly building the other structure on top of it. You can also use the save and quit method. (thanks Iron Tusk) If you have tested other methods of creating floating structures outside of the map, let me know and I'll be sure to include your info in this post.

[​IMG]

Good luck and Happy Forging

2. Epic Tusk

Epic Tusk Ancient

you can hold stuff on the ground save and quit then the next time you start the map it will still be there.

3. Th3 1d

Th3 1d Ancient

duh . . . (slaps head) I totally forgot that one.

4. Jmandaman8

Jmandaman8 Ancient

if you switch to human and back will you die like in other maps?

5. Epic Tusk

Epic Tusk Ancient

after 3 or 5 sec.

6. Th3 1d

Th3 1d Ancient

I believe there was a map that used this technique, called Arcadia, or something like that. You will only die if you are standing on the ground, from what I've seen.

7. xxxmasterofuxxx

xxxmasterofuxxx Ancient
    Banned

it is 5-6 secs on a few maps. instant on others {like last resort}.

8. Jmandaman8

Jmandaman8 Ancient

okay. how far can you go once you are outside? can you make it all the way to the satellite?

9. Th3 1d

Th3 1d Ancient

No, unfortunately. If you look in the 3rd photo, where the cliff is is where you die at.

10. Poztar

Poztar Ancient

Oh hey! That's pretty helpful! I didn't know you could do this, thanks for posting it.

11. Gavintaft433

Gavintaft433 Ancient

Cool i'll have to try it

12. Th3 1d

Th3 1d Ancient

All right now for some new info. I found out that you can do this with pretty much any map that has its geometry extended past the barrier wall. An example would be High Ground.

Also, I recently heard about a method of getting out of Foundry and just had to try it. Anyway, I found out that it works and here is how.

1. Construct a wall out of double boxes around one of the windows from the floor to the ceiling. After you are done it will look like an arch.

2. Next place a sender node outside of the arch.

3. Then go inside the arch and create a receiver node while facing the window. You will need to jiggle it around for a while to find the right place, and it will instantly appear outside of the window.

4. Let go of the receiver, head to the sender, and exit Foundry.

Unfortunately, this Foundry glitch has no practical value as there is not enough room to forge anything substantial.

13. daijitsu

daijitsu Ancient

wait, it will look like an arch? like, you construct the wall in a big semi-circle around the windows? what purpose would that have to the final glitch? could you maybe post a picture of what you mean?

maybe even a map with the teleporters already saved? ;D

14. cubs199235

cubs199235 Ancient

personally I think getting out of a map is pretty stupid. Now stuff like the control room on standoff can actually beused in real maps for good gametypes

15. Th3 1d

Th3 1d Ancient

Unfortunately, I'm not hooked up to Live right now so I can't make a map. You have the right idea about the semi-circle thing right. You need the double boxes because otherwise it will try to push you across the map.

You're right about the fact that the Foundry glitch is pretty useless. But the Standoff glitch can actually be used to make pretty cool game types.

16. Soggydoughnuts

Soggydoughnuts Ancient

If only you could stay alive :-(

-Donuts

17. Th3 1d

Th3 1d Ancient

You can on most of the maps. Have you ever played on the Bungie released map Water World 2. (Released on Halloween) It uses this method on High Ground to make an awesome Infection map.

18. CHUCK

CHUCK Why so serious?

i used this to take some screenshots of a few of my maps. as the theater camera you can get really close to the satellites.

19. oberlin

oberlin Ancient

My friend made a Donkey-Kong style map outside of Standoff. Plays almost exactly as you'd expect.

20. El Capitaine

El Capitaine Ancient

Thanks a lot! Although, I find forging timeconsuming enough as it is without trying to handle death barriers and things....