Outlaw

Discussion in 'Halo 4 Archive' started by Noooooch, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Noooooch

Noooooch Forerunner
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Outlaw

8-10 players
    Team Slayer - Extraction - KotH - Oddball

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Overshield - 116s
    Sniper Rifle - 146s
    Railgun - 116s

Download Outlaw

#1 Noooooch, Apr 5, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2013
  2. Narfidy444

Narfidy444 Promethean

Was your inspiration sanctuary? Cause my first thought was you were trying to do a remake of it. lol.

I feel like there are not enough ramps up. It needs like a lift or something on the purple mid base or whatever it is.

3. Dax

Dax Mhmm.

Nooch, this looks sexy as ****.
    As soon as I saw that first screenshot, I immediately saw the resemblance to both VIII and Megalith. Really cool how you were able to combine the two so well. I don't notice inspiration from Symbol, but I've only played it once so my memory of it is a little vague.
    Let me know when you're testing this, man. I want to play it.

4. cluckinho

cluckinho Well Known

Very impressive, Nooch. I love the Guardian-style feel to it, and having a solid floor beneath it all makes it really unique. I'd also like to say callouts would be easy on here due to each structure being color coded.

Only qualm I have is with the name, as it is the name of a map being released in the upcoming castle pack!

5. Kazerra

Kazerra I Beat the Staff!

Mhm, definitely reminds me of Sanctuary. It's interesting to see that this is asymmetrical, as it should make for some interesting gameplay. It'd be a pleasure to help you test this sometime, so add me on Live if you ever need me (GT: Kazerra).

Also, what's up with the peculiar respawn timers for the weapons? I certainly haven't seen that before, haha.

6. Teancum

Teancum Promethean

This is 343 playlist worthy. It's always amazing when a forge map doesn't look like a forge map.

7. PA1NTS

PA1NTS Promethean

But Outcast is the new BTB map in the Castle Map Pack...

8. Noooooch

Noooooch Forerunner

BETA V1.1 Update
    -Renamed the map
    -Updated stuff

Yes there's a little inspiration from Sanc. Mainly the ring 3 area. I can see the resemblance to Sanc but it's really (imo) just the fact that there's a circle in the middle with bridges connected to it. Everything else is different.

The middle ring has 8 ways in. 4 bridges and 4 tac jumps. I may need to make the tac jumps a little more noticeable, but they are located right below the "wall, corners" so you can get from the ground floor all the way to ring 3 in like 2 seconds.

I'm surprised you remembered VIII and Megalith, lol. Thanks for the compliment. Symbol was thrown in with the middle structure, which was taken from Megalith.

I rarely get online nowadays man... So far I've only gotten in one 2v2 and it's meant for 4v4's. I'm on a different time zone so I can't get online to test with everyone like I used to a year ago.

It's not nearly as big as Sanctuary, but it should have a similar style of play. Hopefully it's original enough for everyone but I'll let you guys be the judge of that.

The ordnance drop animation takes 4 seconds so if you want something to spawn at 120s you need to make it 116s to compensate for the time difference. Kind of like how we had to add 2 seconds to drop spawn an item in Reach.

Nahhhh I doubt it'll ever get implemented into MM, but thank you for the compliment. Let me know if you ever play it.

Who hasn't been paying a single bit of attention? THIS GUY.

Map has been renamed to "Outlaw."

9. Dax

Dax Mhmm.

Lol, that update sounds promising :p

Ahh, sorry to hear that. Next time I get a 4v4 lobby going I'll throw this in the rotation if you'd like. Let me know and I can save the game film for you.

Needs more name change. Anything else > Outlaw

10. PA1NTS

PA1NTS Promethean

Outlaw is good. Much better, I like it. I also love the look of this. Invite me soon bro I need forge island inspiration.

11. Noooooch

Noooooch Forerunner

Beta v1.2 Update
    -General tweaking all around
    -Removed Thruster Pack

Dude if you can get a 4v4 on this and save the film for me I would really appreciate it. So far I've only been able to get a 2v2 and a FFA with half of the players AFK. :'(

12. A R C A S I U S

A R C A S I U S Promethean

Looks nice, how far away is it from completion? Definitely reminiscent of sanctuary but with a hell of an overhaul

13. Noooooch

Noooooch Forerunner

There's no scheduled release date. I've thought about releasing it soon but I don't feel I have enough feedback yet... Also I haven't even gotten a 4v4 on it yet.

14. Noooooch

Noooooch Forerunner

Release Update

-Settled on OS, Sniper and Railgun
    -Made changes to tac jumps
    -Restructured bases
    -Managed several LoS
    -Updated gametypes

Download Outlaw

15. Spencer Meister

Spencer Meister Promethean

I LOVE THIS MAP!! What I normally would say is that you used too many colors, but I cannot say that about this map because you used them in the right way, the way you did it was you made the different colors on their own building, making it more in control and doesnt look like you just randomly put colors everywhere, 5.0 stars. Well done.