Outer Space?

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by MealonX, Jan 21, 2008.

1. MealonX

MealonX Ancient

I had an Idea for a map, outerspace. It would have low grav, and it would be slayer. It would include a bunch of objects floating in foundry, and would be fun with floating weapons and weapon holders. This will be done without saving and quitting. How do you ask? Through my new forging technique that AZN FTW will post sometime soon. Just getting my idea out before anyone else steals it when the technique comes.

2. Orangeremi

Orangeremi Ancient

Well, it seems unnecessarily unfair not telling how you do it.. Sounds like a good idea, but you get full credit... how do you do it?

3. Gravedigger5454

Gravedigger5454 Ancient

Is it that quick drop technique, the stacking technique, or the partner technique? If it's none of the above, good job, because you found something totally new.

4. MealonX

MealonX Ancient

Well it's totally new, I call it the Round-Placement Technique. I guess I'll tell you guys before it's official. I found it out last night, but here it goes...
    It can be anything that can float on it's own except for weapon holders :( You cannot be the connection host, so you have to do it with somebody else, and the connection host is whoever's party it was first (Party leader doesn't count) So what you do is highlight whatever item you want that floats, and you have the party leader "start new round" then right after you hear round over, you spawn the item, and you can move it in whatever position you want it to be in, and then after the new round starts, it should be floating where ever you placed it. If it's not a floating item, it will just spawn then fall. It only works for placing things quickly, but good luck

5. Nemihara

Nemihara Ancient

That sounds like a pain. I'll take my float-and-stack method and get out of here.

6. MealonX

MealonX Ancient

It's actually a lot easier then you think

7. Gravedigger5454

Gravedigger5454 Ancient

That is a new technique, however I can't see it making very neatly placed floating objects. It sounds like it work pretty well for this type of map though.

8. xxxmasterofuxxx

xxxmasterofuxxx Ancient
    Banned

melon, it sounds like a new, and cool idea. my xbox360 should come back anytime soon, when it is back, ill help you.

9. Coolant

Coolant Ancient

Wouldn't it be easier to just hold the object in the air and have your partner restart round?

10. cazamodo

cazamodo Ancient

Its a good idea if you want to quickly chuck things into the air, but i doubt you can place things accurately? can you?

11. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

I agree with Coolant, this sounds more difficult than the other methods.

12. Gavintaft433

Gavintaft433 Ancient

yeah

13. kayaman132

kayaman132 Ancient

interesting glitch and idea, if they work, all hail king mealonX.

14. Ray Benefield

Ray Benefield Godly Perfection
    Forge Critic

No Titmar and Coolant, cuz check this out, it doesn't work if you create the object before the ending of the round. It's the way Bungie stores there variables and such for objects. Note: This doesn't work with respawn points, I tried it.

By the way, if you are quick and can make it neat (like pushing against walls and double boxes for alignment) then this is much faster than that save quit method. Strongly consider this method for anything that you must save and quit for. It saves ALOT of time. I'm not sure who is writing the Forging 101 for it but oh well.

15. MealonX

MealonX Ancient

Exactly, AZN put what I was about to respond into words for me

16. ShadowSnip3r RC

ShadowSnip3r RC Ancient

Sounds cool but I'd rather stick to a meathod that I am already familiar with and doesn't seem as hard. Thanks for sharing though.

17. Reap3r 13

Reap3r 13 Ancient

It only has one problem: Solo Maps! When you're forging by yourself this ain't gonna work and you'll have to go back to the good ol' save and quit.

18. xxBRYTExx

xxBRYTExx Ancient

i prefer the sve and quit method. it is alot easier and is more neat.

19. MealonX

MealonX Ancient

Well it's not like I'm forcing you to do it, it's just something I found out, and I thought I'd be kind enough to share it with you. Maybe I'll not share a glitch if I find another one. Hmph!

20. xxBRYTExx

xxBRYTExx Ancient

well sorrrry. thz for sharing but i think i will use the method ik and love