Out of Bounds Forge world map. Super gravlift, underwater vehicles, skydiving, golf.

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Switch296, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Switch296

Switch296 Forerunner

Hey guys I thought I'd post my new map here - Out of bounds, a remaking of my other old "Out of bounds" map by the same name (Now removed from my file share, reached 15,000+ downloads and was featured in top downloaded)

The map features the 2 main Out of bounds safe zones (as in places you can build in without a death timer) along with many other fun things to keep you all interested such as a super gravlift(don't move around while your going up, we've had a few.. accidents), skydiving into a teleporter and getting shot through the forest into the canyon(Please bail out of vehicles and use the jetpack if you wish to live!), underwater vehicles (not that puddle crap! - I'm talking 100% under the seaaa) and of course, golf with respawning balls. Oh and keep a lookout for the 3 hidden landmines! See if you can find them all..

The map is a load of fun with friends, to riding up the super lift to getting shot through the teleporter of death on a mongoose together, so check it out with your mates next time they hop on.

Here are some screenshots for you guys to get a idea of what the map is like and where these out of bounds buildable safe zones are (So you guys can make some awesome maps there in the future! My number #1 reason for making this map! It seems almost no one knows about these zones at the moment or how to get there)

Overview of most of the map: [​IMG]

Getting ready to take the jump: [​IMG]

Me in a ghost being shot through the forest after skydiving into the teleporter of death: [​IMG]

A hidden area: [​IMG]

Playing golf: [​IMG]

DOWNLOAD THE MAP HERE: Bungie.net : Halo Reach : File Details

Enjoy guys!

P.S If this is the wrong place to post this map I apologize please move it into the correct forum, I didn't think it fit any of the categories so I came here and saw map previews being posted so I assumed it would be okay to post here.

P.S.S To get outside of the invisible barrier to these safe zones so you can make your own maps out of the normal boundaries, simply go as close as possible to the invisible wall as you can and then spawn a teleporter and you just have to move it forward, then spawn another teleporter on the same channel and walk through it. Voila.

#1 Switch296, Oct 20, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2010
  2. Em0srawk

Em0srawk Forerunner

Is the super grav lift where you just shove loads of mancannons into the same place? If so I'd just like to say its really fun.

3. Switch296

Switch296 Forerunner

Wow all that work and the thread only gets 1 reply and a few views, not even more than a dozen downloads.. not to mention my other thread on bungie.net got locked for "advertising" or some crap..

Sigh, I guess it is true that it's pointless making a map now because of how hard it is to get noticed..

#3 Switch296, Oct 20, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2010
  4. pyro

pyro The Joker

^lol spambump

If you take the time to embed pictures and describe what you did people will actually look at your map and comment. This looks quite interesting to me, but I have no idea how to get out there. I'll download your map anyways.

5. Whisper

Whisper Ancient

You posted this 14 hours ago. That's less than one day. Have some patience.

6. xWooden leafx

xWooden leafx Ancient

i wouldve downloaded if i had an xbox.
    looks okay, but click the how to post pics link in my sig to find out how to embed those pictures. than, go into the halo reach custom content section, and post this in the aesthetic maps.

7. Switch296

Switch296 Forerunner

I realize I only posted it a little while ago but it was all the way back on page 3 or so, it's pretty fair to say that once a thread is back there it will not be viewed by many people.

I updated the OP with embedded pictures.

8. Greasyhippo

Greasyhippo Forerunner

Looks really useful, ill be sure to download it. I didn't know you could be safe anywhere out of the barrier, as I have explored there numerous times only to die every time. Good work. Nice to see you added some fun and attractions to the map.

9. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

you should make an instructional thread with the exact locations and how-to of breaking out the barriers. im sure a lot of people would love to make a map in the forest...

10. Boots

Boots Ancient

+1

I would LOVE to be able to make a map in the forest. You should definitely make a map that will let us forge out there.

11. Em0srawk

Em0srawk Forerunner

If you forged a map out in the forrest the map would be pretty crap, seeing as you'll die every 10 seconds.

12. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

if you read the thread you will realize that this kid is supposedly claiming to have found a way to forge out there without dying.

13. Boots

Boots Ancient

I think I have seen a few people forging out there and claiming a way to be out there without dying. If I remember right (and I might be WAY off), the soft kill barrier only goes out so far. Once you get out past it you can live just fine.

#13 Boots, Oct 21, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2010
  14. redeye83

redeye83 Forerunner

There is a structure out in the moutains that I want to get to but I cant get past the dam soft kill :(

15. Em0srawk

Em0srawk Forerunner

If you played the map you would realise that there's a soft kill barrier throughout the whole of the forest, you only go through the forest at a massively high speed so you get out just before you are killed by the kill barrier.

16. ManRayX

ManRayX Ancient

Dude totally losing my mind that I can forge something in that forest. Awesome!!!!!!!!!! Will definetly credit you on whatever I create out there.

Thanks

MRX