Sticky Origin of your Gamertag

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by rusty eagle, Dec 28, 2007.

1. Red Army

Red Army Forerunner

2. RageQuit

RageQuit Forerunner

I guess Ill post here.. My gamertag is iRATiON I808I.. iration is a band thats sort of famous in Hawaii..808 is Hawaiis number..like if your calling someone in Hawaii from the mainland.. the I I is just for show because someone already took iRATiON808

3. anemone

anemone Forerunner

mine is Anemonev77
    I design games and i was making an infection(still are)and i thought the infection should be called Anemone so i put my XBL name as it but it was taken so i added my halo 3 service tag to the end.

4. Necroguardian19

Necroguardian19 Forerunner

my gamertag is Necroguardian19. It originated as my AIM screenname but I liked it so much I brought it to Xbox. For those that don't know, Necro=dead; so therefore I guard the dead or am a guardian of the dead. and 19 is not only my favorite number but also my birthdate. it's also the main number in my favorite book series which i figured out later on and thought it was fitting. the series is the Dark Tower series by Stephen King, for those who care.

5. Plasma Rifle Elite

My gamertag was made by me to pay tribute to the famous UNSC ship that got Flood-infected, eventually bringing down High Charity, the heart and home of the Covenant. Also, I love HLG, which is why my gamertag is HLG Amber CIad. Also, instead of an L in Clad, I put an I, to confuse potential random message senders who met me previously. They would try to send it to HLG Amber Clad (which doesn't exist) instead of getting it to me, HLG Amber CIad.

6. IH8YourGamerTag

IH8YourGamerTag Forerunner

i have a new tag for friends list networking, GR1F T4NN3N. semi RedvsBlue reference (because i LOVE grifball, and Grif is my fave character), but really a back to the future II reference :)

7. The Trivial Prodigy

Mine is just an oxymoron.
    Trivial: Something of little or negligible importance or value
    Prodigy: A very important person, or one of high status. Could also be interpreted as being the best of something
    Trivial Prodigy =????
    Profit!

8. TheDragonWarrior

TheDragonWarrior Forerunner

well.....This random tab started to pop on my computer saying "DragonatrixXx" and it had a black blob next to it. I never found out what it was. The name was stuck in my head for a while so i made my GT DragonatrixXx.

9. Combat P3nguin

Combat P3nguin Ancient

Well watching Futurma that ep when the oil spills on the penguins. At the end of that ep when to penguins pick up the guns and thats where i got my idea. My GT i Combat P3nguin, someone had taken the name and changed it the next day, it still would not let me use that name tho

10. MPN Evolution

MPN Evolution Forerunner

Well let's see..mine started awhile ago while I was in a community on XBL called TXI. Many of you may have heard of them. I got my original gamertag (KSI LEGACY X) from WWE because when I watched it my favorite wrestler was Randy Orton and he was in a group called The Legacy. So I wanted to get away from the Legacy name and I thought of another group he was in before that called Evolution. It was the best of the best at the time when they were together so I figured it fit. Now that I run my own community I have just gotten used to the name so I have stuck with it since it's been about a year and a half now.

11. cluckinho

cluckinho Well Known

Cluck(last name)inho(little in Spanish)10(favorite number)

12. Falconspire

Falconspire Forerunner

Mine comes from the root word Conspire which means
    "to agree upon or to plan towards a harmonic result" my gt it the name of my web design project for a homework feed for my school. It also takes the bird the falcon which is not only an overused internet joke it is also a mighty bird of prey that can symbolize power or initative.

13. Mojo22106

Mojo22106 Forerunner

A few years ago when me and my brother got the free month trial in the Halo 3 edition Xbox we were really excited and rushed to try out Xbox Live. We took awhile to think of the name so we decided to pick a list of pre-made names. We finally chose InsectMass for my gamertag which I regret a lot.

14. Mister man 1217

Mister man 1217 Forerunner

Mine is so unoriginal, lol. Just my first lette rin my first name and them my last name and then 3 random numbers.

15. Spawn of Saltine

My gamertag has to do with my Last Name. I'm not going to tell you my full last name, but a good chunk of it is Wunder. So I just took that and kinda made it sound cool by putting a 'the' in front of it.

16. gingerninjasam

gingerninjasam Forerunner

It's a very boring story. There was a TV ad with a ginga on it and he was driving like a ninja so they called him a gingerninja, so I just added my name to the end of it.

17. Loscocco

Loscocco Ancient

my last name is Loscocco
    btw it is pronounced Loss-Cocoa

18. aha123

aha123 Ancient

aha2095
    aha = my initials.
    2095 = my DOB without the month :/

19. Tomo Stryker

Tomo Stryker Forerunner

I originally used Tomohawk as my name for EVERYTHING internet related and then somewhere in 2004 I had to switch because it was taken. Later that year I switched it again to Tomo Hak because I thought that Tomo would stand for Tomohawk which represented death and Hak (pronounced Hawk) represented swiftness. So I thought "Hey cool, swift death hmm sounds like a great name for Halo 2".

Eventually Halo 3 waltzed around and I purchased an Xbox 360 and due to lack of information on how to CORRECTLY set up a name I locked out all my Gamerscore on Tomo Hak and I had lost the password, I turned to Tomo Stryker because I originally like the name Striker with a "Y". There ya go!

-Tomo Stryker

20. Cupcake

Cupcake Forerunner

Previous Gamertags: (This IS important)

ScottishHalo
    iTz iViiPeR
    Assassinated x
    ImAFairyNinja
    Jesus Babes x
    OpTic Allah
    OpTic Reckoning

Also, I managed to mod my gamertag for Mw2 :L

The first started out because I loved Halo and was Scottish
    Second was because I wanted to be 'MLG Pro'
    Third looked cool.
    Fourth was something my mates sister said online... "You jealous of my Fairy Ninja skills?"
    Fifth is because it was Jesus.
    Six was a wannabe OpTic name with Allah.
    Seventh and GT ATM is wanna OpTic with Killswitch Engage's 'Reckoning' song.