Sticky Origin of your Gamertag

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by rusty eagle, Dec 28, 2007.

1. Jimbodawg

Jimbodawg Ancient

My Gamertag is Jimbodawg II. It would've been Jimbodawg, but some inactive idiot on XBL decided to take it, and doesn't even use proper capitalization, his is JimboDawg. GAY!

Anyways, Jimbodawg came to me whenever I was around 6, and my aunt gave my mom her old computer. We were quite poor back then, and I'd remembered playing on my grandmothers computer, running like the first version of Windows, or maybe it was IBM, dunno, it was amazing.
    Anyways, whenever my mom and dad hooked up the computer, I immediately became enticed with it. My parents were hardly on it, but me, I was constantly on it. I became quite knowledgeable with it.

Well one day my dads cousins dog had puppies, and they were the cutest Pekingese dogs ever. My dad brought home one, it had black hair and was adorable. We named him Jimbo after one of my moms friends who had died.

Remember how cereal boxes would give computer game disks and what-not? I received a Captain Crunch game in the box one day, and I put it in my computer (goes back to the computer story). You could create your own character that looked like a Captain Crunch ball with eyes, hair, and legs. I named it Jimbodawg, after my dog Jimbo.

After that, it just kind of stuck with me, and I still have my dog with me today, and I'm 15 years old. My dog is nearly 9 years old, and I love him to death. Maybe later I'll post a picture of him. =)

2. Nick Novikov

Nick Novikov Ancient

hmmm well theres nothing epic to say bout my tag but ill speak anyway. my friend came up with ill a long time ago when we were like 8. he wanted to give a kickass nickname. so he combined my name which is nick with the terminator as in the movie. results came out as, Nicksternater! woooo! i think?

3. ActionFrank451

ActionFrank451 Ancient

Action Frank is a somewhat obscure pop culture reference to Aqua Teen Hunger Force.
    When I first joined Xbox live I just used my steam account name, Action Frank. Trouble was that someone had it first and I had to add a number and take out the space. I chose 451 as a reference to Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451.

4. The Cheat

The Cheat Ancient

My gamertag, The Cheat902 was originally going to be just The Cheat, unfortunately, some moron who doesn't even play anymore took that and I had to add letters. 902 is a very important number to me, rather 9/02 because it is my birth date.

5. TKOwnedU5

TKOwnedU5 Ancient

I got my gamer tag when i was an assistant in the war TKOwnedU5 and from boxing

6. chromebandit

chromebandit Ancient

Everything I wanted was taken, so I took two random words and put them together. chrome bandit, baby!

7. Grave Robber

Grave Robber Ancient

Well mine was originally Echinde which was a character in a story i have written long long ago, then i started a cheap clan last year and now have left our clan was the commanders(Cmdr). now I'm thinking of a change...

8. imsuperfreakinawesome

My gamertag

The origin of my gamertag is oh i forgot :(

9. SpartanT1g3r

SpartanT1g3r Ancient

10. spazmonkey92

spazmonkey92 Ancient

Spazmonkey92

i clib alot (like a monkey)
    im a retard (spaz)
    my birthyear(92)

pretty simple

11. tron1o7

tron1o7 Ancient

Well, I got my gamertag, frostedpickles, when my friend (Chris) and I were at our other friend's (Nick) house. Nick let use make our own gamertags so we could play xbox live and so we could all talk to the team. We got the idea of Chris being pickles, Me being frosting, and Nick being sprinkles. We came up with that because you put the frosting on the pickle and then sprinkles on the frosting, like a screwed up frosted cookie from hell. And then when I got my own xbox 2 months later and I was thinking of a name, I remember that and I thought of frostedpickles.

And no we aren't perverts =\

12. The Demons Den

The Demons Den Ancient

The Demons Den

It just sounded good. It doesn't really have a meaning.

13. Star iz Legiit

Star iz Legiit Ancient

Mine is Star of Knights and I have this because My clan that I am in has this thing where after you get to a certain ranking you change your name to a four letter word of knights like star of knights or rise of knights

14. KaidonBK

KaidonBK Ancient

My gamertag came from the book Halo: The Cole Protocol and my initials BK.
    Definition of Kaidon:
    The high ranking Sangheili (Elite) considered leader of a state voted by the elders.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

15. AfroNinja117

AfroNinja117 Ancient

GT= AfroNinja117
    Origin: 2 years ago, a group of genetically altered ninjas with afros were made, 200 were made, I was number 117. lol jk

16. KB

KB Ancient

I answered awhile ago but I had a recent name change so yeah....

Kn1ght- I have a for the word and I always wish I was one (I know, nerd right?) but I decided to keep the "1" in the word because my old gamertag (Th Kn1ght) had the "1" in it.

Boy- I am a guy obviously but the addition came from a good friend of mine by the name of James (boydy as you may know him as). He and Sean (DRiSCOLL) always called me Kn1ghtBoy back when I was Th Kn1ght. I liked the name so I got 800 points and changed it.

17. aDeAdHeRo875

aDeAdHeRo875 Ancient

oh i love this, often many people ask me about my name or make fun of me b.c it has 3 numbers in it.

well the story behind my name is real simple. both of my grandparents were in WW2. neither of them died in the war, but my grandpa on my dad's side died when i was 8 of prostate cancer. so when i was 13 and was looking for a cool name i thought of my grandpa (who i was also named after), i began to realize that my grandpa was a hero and that he is now dead so i just put down a dead hero and that didn't look so well so i put them all together and got adeadhero and with the numbers on the end well so i added eight hundred and seventy five (875) is my favorite number (don't ask how that became my favorite number i don't remember anymore) on the end.
    so i ended up with adeadhero875 and back then i thought it was cool to capsulize every other letter so my finial product to my gamertag became aDeAdHeRo875.

so their you have it. my story to my gamertag

18. Jake Pajamas

Jake Pajamas Guest

GT: Br0flc0pter

I always thought internet humor/l33tspeak was hilarious. i liked roflcopter, and my last name is Brodish. So i combined them to form Br0flc0pter. pronounced bra-full-cop-ter.

19. RomanSparky

RomanSparky Ancient

My gamertag is RomanSparky. Not much of a story behind this, It's just a marching band nickname that i was given as a freshman. Even then the name didn't even have a point, they just called me sparky for no reason. I made my gamertag as a freshman, and i wanted my friends to be able to recognise it easy enough. Sadly, just "sparky" was taken, so i took the next coolest thing (so i thought lol) which was RomanSparky. I've been told i shoulda just added numbers to the end of it, but i just think that looks stupid.

20. Pennywiez

Pennywiez Ancient

Pennywiez

it first came when i started reading the book "it" by steven king and i loved the book so much i decided to name it off of the antagonists name pennywise

why pennywiez well the really pennywise is a evil kid slaughtering clown... not kidding you should see what he does! wow!