Sticky Origin of your Gamertag

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by rusty eagle, Dec 28, 2007.

1. ellemennt75

ellemennt75 Ancient

I have a story kind of thing.

I was in 6th grade two years ago, and I play piano/keyboard/whatever you wanna call it. A couple of my friends and I thought it might be cool if we could write a couple songs and see how life was as musicians. Yea, that whole composing thing didn't go all too well, but we decided at least we needed a name. We had a singer, a bassist, a rhythm, two lead guitarists, a drummer, and a keyboard player (woot woot) in the band at the time. (We really didn't need all those people but, its fun to dream) If you count those up, it makes 7. We all took turn trying to decide what the name could be. Satisfaction was a good one, for example. I thought about it for a bit durring science class one day, and arrived on a pretty good name; Element 7. Nobody else liked the name all that much, but I didn't care.
    We kinda dropped the band thing after that summer, but my idea stuck. I was playing.... umm.... the Halo demo on the computer. I needed a gamer name, so I immediately thought of Element7. I needed to jazz that up a bit, so there you go. Ellemennt75 was what I came up with!

Sorry for the long winded story, just thought someone might enjoy it.

#361 ellemennt75, Jun 12, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2008
  2. Awkward Silence

Awkward Silence Ancient

Well, Fox is my last name, and I think the color Black is cool. Unfortunately, on Live, many people think that the Black in my name means race, and then the call me really racist things. If only they knew how pale and white I actually am. I'm sorry that Live is so racist. It's really stupid.

3. SlasheI2

SlasheI2 Ancient

meh, my brother made it lol. I guess it was just a smurf name for age of empires but at least it gave me a good name for a map. :)

4. Scopulus

Scopulus Ancient

my brother, cliff, who died on drifton road here in florida had a nickname.. Scopulus.

Scopulus means cliff in latin.

I just decided to carry on his name in a way I suppose..

5. Randle Scandal

Randle Scandal Ancient

Haha I've had mine for oh... about 5 years now. It rhymed and I thought that was cool. Now it's like a symbol for me. Randle $candal

6. KonTR4BanD

KonTR4BanD Ancient

Well my first gamertag was just "silly" so I needed a new one and KonTR4BanD suited it just fine.

7. TEP Shadowlife

TEP Shadowlife Ancient

well the TEP stands for twisted emo productions and all my life i have had a weird obsession with shadows and due to i am evil thats why i call it life make sense
    ?xD

8. TiiRent

TiiRent Ancient

Gamertag: xx Trent
    My name is Trenton, nickname Trent.
    Not much more...

9. Boom Boom STAR

Boom Boom STAR Ancient

Well mine is Boom Boom STAR.
    I was playing Halo CE on the PC and my name was always boom boom. I got that name because EVERY THING IN HALO GOES BOOM BOOM. But unfortunately when I Halo 2 pc and got xbox live boom boom was already taken. So I wrote down many different names that started with boom boom some included Boom Boom King, Boom Boom Man, Boom Boom Boom.(I didn't use any numbers because I thought it showed unoriginality & because I thought it was N00BISH) Also when I was coming up with the names my mom was watching Dancing With The Stars. And I was like OMG I want to be a Star. Then I made my name Boom Boom STAR (STAR is all caps becuase I wanted to EMPHASIZE that I was a STAR at Halo). Well thats my story.

Boom Boom STAR has left the building

10. hunterwenck

hunterwenck Ancient

Mine VonWenck was an old family name that my friends would just call me accasionally instead of my first name as a joke and when i sighned up for live i just wanted somthing simple and it was the first thing that came to mind

(only problem is its a german name and many people say it like vonwreck cause the n & r look alike when you glance at it so it gets annoying sometimes

11. Bottlecap

Bottlecap Ancient

Brute Captain, well from the Brute Captain's in Halo, gota love em, more beastly than the elites, dumer than spar.... ehh more brutal than the Spartans.

12. Tex

Tex Ancient

rofloflofl...i've always wondered brute...i just never put togethor the correlation of a brute being dumber then a spartan, thanks for giving me something to make fun of you with =]

13. Mr. Skittles

Mr. Skittles Ancient

My gamertag (skittlemeister0) was done in a bet that i lost, and the other choice was Srgnt Sprinkles (that was already taken anyway as was Skittlemeister, so I added a 0).

14. NeonStalker

NeonStalker Ancient

The stalker part was when I was playing halo 2 with my friend on beaver creek and I kept following him up the side hill things and killed him. I just added Neon to make it sound better.

15. Kamakse

Kamakse Ancient

well to tell you i am a stupid person and cant spell kamikaze, and thus kamakse was born and no its not a weird Chinese word

16. Admiral Alpha

Admiral Alpha Ancient

Admiral Alpha was the name of a fictional Forerunner duck creature I created for an RPG forum a while ago. Admiral was his rank , and Alpha because he was the first of seven prototype counter-Flood life worms. With a decentralized nervous system, he was genetically engineered to combat the Parasite, and survive the Halo effect.

See how weird I am?

17. HumBoys

HumBoys Ancient

First part of last name+multiple brothers=HumBoys.
    I DO NOT THINK I AM GANGSTER!

18. Metroshell

Metroshell Ancient

I just wanted a sort of urban feel to my name, so I came up with Metroshell. Metro from the word 'metropolis' and a friend of mine on WoW had a character named Metro. And then there's shell, a.k.a. bullet (sorta). The show Ghost in the Shell (or w/e its called) gave me the word, too.

And there ya go,
    Metroshell :)

19. zangor13

zangor13 Ancient

my gamertag comes from my world of warcraft charecter and the 13 was because its my favorite number.

20. Norlinsky

Norlinsky Guest

Mine's pretty simple. My last name is Norlin and last year my teacher called me Norlinsky for some random reason, so I chose the name for my gamertag and pretty much everything else online. The zTo is my clan's name which stands for Zero Tolerance

#380 Norlinsky, Jun 19, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2008