Sticky Origin of your Gamertag

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by rusty eagle, Dec 28, 2007.

1. Terminate421

Terminate421 Ancient

Mine kinda came from runescape
    i USED to play, now i dont and i used that name for my gamertag

2. swooshz56

swooshz56 Ancient

Mine is kinda a homage to this forum moderator of the Star Wars Battlefront boards from way before the first one even came out. I needed a screenname and his was kinda cool so i changed it around a bit to make it my own and bam: SwooshZ56

3. sethkasketch

sethkasketch Ancient

well, at one point i went through this phase of stickmen animation, which was just after i got rid of a virus that stole my name and everything, almost resulting in identity freud, so i was a bit paranoid about saying anything about myself on t'internet. most animators have an alias of some sort, and i decided i needed one, so i thought, hmm... a name, not my name, a random name... i chose Seth(also the name of the Egyptian God of Chaos).

so thats how i got Seth, which isn't actually my real name, and then i wanted somtthing else, which kind of said i animate. i chose sketch, don't knmow why, i just did.

but Sethsketch sounded wrong, so i put in a "ka" in between, so i got Sethkasketch.

btw it only took about 10 seconds to think of.

4. Altair4PM

Altair4PM Ancient

Well, i believe politics is just dumb and we need someone with real power in it, like an assasin...
    LIKE ALTAIR [assasin's creed]
    So my election campaign will be 'Altair for Prime Minister' or 'Altair4PM' :-}

5. Robbo

Robbo Ancient

After reading all these mine seems boring, Robinson my last name, for all you rapists out there.

Robinson shortened = Robbo, I Robbo I = Beast.

Thinking of changing it shortly though although still keeping Robbo in there somewhere.

6. IRoboto

IRoboto Ancient

I take pride in expressing myself, and it makes it easier with a GT. Its a shame people automatically assume that "Marley54" is about smoking pot. It takes a more open and creative mond to know that Bob Marley stood for more than smoking pot. He was a well spirited man. He was level headed and represented peace and unity and encouraged it amongst society. He mainly expressed his emotions through his music, also IRL. This is why I choose this, so when some one says "ohh you smoke too?" I can calmy explain that no I dont smoke at all or ever really have any intentions, if I do it's on RARE occasions. I love explaining who Bob Marley really was and is.

Thanks,

Roboto

7. G-Bag

G-Bag Ancient

gt: II 4FACE II

I write graffiti, my tag is Bild Four. My dad called me face-man the whole time i was a kid, and still does sometimes. So I just combined the two I guess, plus I love two face from Batman, and 4 is twice as much as 2, so I'm twice as bad to the ass. Plus I am totally insane and have like 50 personalities, so that name fits me fine.

The I's come from not being allowed to gt my name with a number hehe.

8. mooseguy04

mooseguy04 Ancient

Name origin

My name comes from a nickname I got at lacrosse. One of my friends was yelling my name from across the field and I couldn't hear him, so he decided to yell 'moose'! For some reason, I turned around and addressed this name instead of mine. Also, my grandads' nickname was moose when he was young.

9. Debo37

Debo37 Ancient

Well, my backstory isn't too spectacular, so here goes. My first name starts with a D, and my last name starts with "Bo." Hence, one of my elementary school teachers back in the day gave me the nickname "D-Bo." And it stuck. People still call me "D-Bo," and... yeah.

Now the actual gamertag part: When I made up my gamertag on Xbox 360 launch night, I tried to name myself "D-Bo." But unbeknownst to me at the time, hyphens aren't allowed in gamertags. So I improvised, and stuck an "e" in place of the hyphen. Since "Debo" is such a generic name, it was already taken as well.

Not one to give up on my original plans, I did as most others do- I tacked a number onto the end. In my case, I picked 37, not just because of its status as my favorite number, but because of deeper reasons. It is my formal opinion that the number "37" is the real life version of "the number 23." (there was a crappy movie about it, remember?) 37 lurks everywhere I look. Everywhere. I should write a blog entry about it.

So... that's the story of my Gamertag. Not too deep, but kinda cool. Hope you enjoyed it!

10. Hashmeer

Hashmeer Ancient

The Origins of Hashmeer come from the internet music group called Group X. Hashmeer is the nick name of the lead singer from the band and it just stuck on me. I used that gamertag for most anything. Counter-Strike, WoW, Everquest, Halo.

NWP is my Halo 3 clan; NWP stands for Ninjas Without Pants and we have a website: www.nwp.aowc.net

11. Vicious Vice

Vicious Vice Ghosts of Onyx

my name came from an amalgamation of a lot of things. First Vicious came from my aggressive gaming style when it comes to FPS (CS,goldeneye,unreal, etc..). It also came from one of my favorite anime characters, Vicious from the Cowboy Bebop Series. Having a second V-word came from the V for Vendetta speech where everyother word is a V word. So i choose Vice because a Vice is an immoral or evil habit or practice and i have plenty of those some very Vicious you could say. Vicious Vice was born and my previous gamertag of MassiveHysteria was lost to the ages. oh yeah and my real name is Vince that might have something to do with it to lol

12. Novak

Novak Ancient

At first mine was Tastypoo because it was funny, but it was taken on live so I made my account GIue (capital i). Then my account got banned randomly and im lazy so instead of thinking of something baller I just tried my last name. Since it was taken, I just put an I in front of it to make it 3D, hence INovaK

13. LelandKun2009

LelandKun2009 Ancient

Well my LelandKun2009 came from basically my name and graduation year. The Kun (Koon) came from a friend of mine. He was studying Japanese and he started calling my Leland-Kun. Which Kun stood for Friendly. And I thought it would be kinda Ironic. So it came together. Leland-Kun(Friendly)2009.

14. Egg02

Egg02 Ancient

Eggs are my favorite food so I treid using that for my gamertag ( as you can see i am not very creative) but sadly Egg was taken so i chose to put 02 after Egg, dont ask me why i just randomly chose two numbers, and that is how i got my GT.
    Just to clear up why i have the phrase Leggomyeggo and a picture of a waffle under my username is becuase on xbox live everybody thought i ment the waffle so i just went along with it.

15. RealRico

RealRico Ancient

My friends and I play Halo. Combat Evolved a lot. So one day they decided to let me create a profile. It toke me forever to think of a name. I kept thinking and thinking and nothing. So my friend´s older brother said make something with your name in it. And I thought about how I was the only Ricardo in like the whole state (Maryland). So I thought of TheRealRico. Seeing how of the only real Ricardo in the area

16. Dark Ruler

Dark Ruler Ancient

My old gt was deaddark ruler

Back then I wanted it to be Dark Ruler but that was already taken so it gave me DeadDark Ruler (I did this on the xbox so it gave added suggestions) about 6 months ago I changed it to my first name and it is xi Sean ix

17. provomit

provomit Ancient

First thing my name will alwase get ppls attention becase well it is provomit but the story for that starts 8 years ago. When i was 12 i was thinking of a stuped name like poop eater or something for an onling game called runescape. but then i thoght of projectile vometing but too many letters so it becase provomit and i just use it as a pen name for games now

18. bentheunicorn

bentheunicorn Ancient

mine is fullmetalgecko

my gt is fullmetalgecko. i got fullmetal from fullmetal alchemist, and i have two geckos. now, unicorn of love was taken, so i used fullmetalgecko. tada.

19. Tinginho

Tinginho Ancient

Well my gamer tag is Tinginho cause I really Love this famous soccer player Ronaldinho
    .Hes like the best and everybody calls me metal man at school but i couldnt use metal so i changed it to Tin as in the metal tin.Then when i told everybody at school they started to call me tincan or pinhead or TINkerbell worst of all tinberly and then tin and it just stuck wit me for the rest of the year.

20. Playerhata27

Playerhata27 Ancient

lol i am gunna tell how i found out xbox live and got it and how i got my gamertag .when i was 12 i saw youtube video of halo 2 mahinima.lol they looked cool and really fun.so i begged my mommy for it .ythen one day we went to like very gameing/electronic store and they didnt have it bcuz of xbox 360 coming soon.So i gave up nd told mommy lets go box.b ut then she said lets go into circuit city.i was no like no why bother im sure its not there.But she forced me to and wahlah the last xbox live starter kit with a microphone.So i brought it home nd we had no idea wat an ethernet cord was until we read the box.so we set it up i signed in and it asked what gamertag u want i picked like a really gay name ( i was 12 ) but it said already in use.So then i remember the song im a gangster so i decided to pick playahatar27 and i have had that name ver since this MLGLR playahata =)