Oracle

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by PA1NTS, Mar 28, 2012.

1. PA1NTS

PA1NTS Promethean
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Oracle 1v1/2v2
    By: I PAINTS I and Frenchys

Overview

Oracle is a small map that me and Frenchy's started a while ago. He made a really interesting looking structure, and then I finished the map with the theme he had started. The feeling you get when you walk around and look at the high enclosed walls is really something worth downloading; and I think the architecture reminds me of something the romans would make; maybe a colisseum. The games I tested on it had intense chase-fights, no scopes, quick health regenerations, some close quarters combat, ninja-ing, and dirty DMRing. If you like all of these, check the map out, here's the weapons and pics.

Also, thanks to thefightdude for making the video for me. And to Frenchy's of course for the co-forge.

Weapons & Equipment

1 Sniper Rifle/120 seconds
    1 Grenade Launcher/120 seconds
    1 Shotgun/120 seconds
    1 Needle Rifle/45 seconds
    1 Spiker/45 seconds
    1 Plasma Repeater/45 seconds
    3 DMRs/45 seconds
    4 Frags/15 seconds
    4 Plasma Nades/15 seconds
    3 Health Stations/15 seconds
    1 Custom Powerup/120 seconds

Screenshots

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Video

#1 PA1NTS, Mar 28, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  2. thefightdude

thefightdude Forerunner

Glad to see it released! I think this map is pretty cool. I like how the teleporter works (you were able to kill me with that sprint teleporter trick). Also there is an advantage for long ranged weapons so definitely the sniper is the power weapon which also I can't use. The total green effect/color makes this map stand out and gives some glam. Overall love the map. (We need to do something with Pangea V2 I'm not sure when the next BOIC game session is so I would like to play it with all those guys...I also don't have the map I only have V1)

3. EpICx ReMiX XD

EpICx ReMiX XD Promethean

I fell in love with this map that you made I PAINTS I. The grass and the natural rocks stands out with the structure, the way the map was made and the objects colour green mixs very well with the natural things on the map. I wish I'll download it right now and have a look but I got homework and things that comes the word School. Overall it's a very good map you guys made and you get lots and lots of downloads. Well Done! - EpICx ReMiX XD

4. Eww Your Skinny

Eww Your Skinny Talented

As I eat my Cheerios, I have decided that I have too much to say about this map, next time your on Xbox, either Frenchys or the other guy (who could add me) I'll give you my breakdown. Though from what I've played, I do think, if you cared enough about this map, you'd look at the feedback I give you as a positive thing not a negative thing.

5. PA1NTS

PA1NTS Promethean

@Thefightdude: sprint teleport trick? More like teleport then no scope you in the face. Lol. And my BIOC lobby is at 3:00 pm est Thursday, as in tomorrow. If you want in send I PAINTS I a message on xbl.

6. ASSASSINinWH1TE

ASSASSINinWH1TE Ancient

oh my goodness, so clean and pretty, and not just pretty, well laid out. The tac jump to the center works well as a centerpiece and a highly tactical functional piece of the map. Efficient cover, lots of elevation, and the weapon shelves highlight the weapons nicely. The 2x2 steeps as trim really pulled this map together. I notice the map matches your spartan colors. well played friend. Add me on XBL if you'd like I'd love to test maps with you. My gamer tag is ASSASSINinWH1TE (the i in white is a 1)

7. WhackyGordon

WhackyGordon Forerunner

Edit: nvm - found it

You should consider tagging the file and posting tags though. That was a minor pain.

#7 WhackyGordon, Apr 2, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
  8. PA1NTS

PA1NTS Promethean

How exactly do I tag a file? (THIS FILESHARE BLACKOUT IS DRIVING ME BANANAS)

9. WhackyGordon

WhackyGordon Forerunner

Go to your fileshare in your file browser menu in Reach. Bring up the file options by pressing 'X' or whatever and there's an option to recommend, download, tag, and delete.

10. RoboArtist

RoboArtist Forerunner

Dat Glass. No, seriously, I've never really seen so many good aesthetic uses for glass on a map before. I'd say this has a unique forging style of its own and the use of naturals was very professional. I like the way the map blends in with the environment and gives the player a more open playspace, along with a fair amount of cover. Those teleporters look great also. I'll have to give this a Download. Props on this

11. SilentNinja729

SilentNinja729 Promethean

Overall this is a good map. The only thing I don't like is that you spawn right next to the sniper. Is that just a lucky spawn or is that like where one team spawns? If it is where a team spawns i think that it's a bad spot but if you just got lucky then good for you! Other than that I love this map.

12. PA1NTS

PA1NTS Promethean

Thank you very much.

[br][/br]
    Edited by merge:

The video is slightly old. Since then I changed the initial spawns. I realized that was a bad spawn, and I got someone to help me change them.

#12 PA1NTS, Jun 21, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  13. Stevo

Stevo Drunken Bantersaurus Rex

You need to update your download link.

14. PA1NTS

PA1NTS Promethean

Yeah I know. I haven't updated my forge hub stuffs in a while. I'm gunna do it all at once. All of a sudden everything will be updated and I'll have new maps out too in my sig and all the DL links will work. Thanks for pointing that out though. Check back tomorrow if you were looking to download oracle.

15. RhymeSlayer

RhymeSlayer Promethean

So I just checked out the video for this map. I really like how you used one color on the pieces to tie it together. very cool way to make the map pop (so to speak.) It really makes it stand out. Also the style of gaming on a map like this kind of reminds me of a halo 2 (I think) map. I cant remember which one, but the 2 sides of the map were divided and it made for some great long range encounters. I would like to give this map a thorough playthrough to feel it out, but it looks awesome! good job!

16. PhantomStrike

PhantomStrike Forerunner

Good map design, you managed to get the color and wall pieces to work well together, the spawning though seems rugged when the video showed the spawn next to the Sniper rifle. The place reminds me of Halo 3's Ghosttown. Good work.