Operation Venom Fang

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by xtitan77, Aug 18, 2010.

1. xtitan77

xtitan77 Forerunner

I call it operation Venom Fang(invasion/invasion machinima?):

Attackers: You are on a aircraft carrier and must take off the carrier assault the enemy bunker, eliminate their destroyer and reconnaissance their harbor and find their AI responsible for operation lighting strike(hint to another map in this series). Oh, and be aware that you are not the only one with aircraft. You have some turrets as a last resort if they capture your falcons.

Defenders: You have a bunker situated on the island use it wisely to fend off hostile falcons,(stage1) If even one lands, they will disembark troops and could destroy the bunker inside by arming charges(capturing territory 1).

If you however do struggle to fend off the enemies in the bunker, you may exit it to get to the turrets( machine gun or warthog missile), they provide more punch, however are exposed and easy to terminate.

The attackers have an advantage, having six falcons.
    If the bunker does get destroyed, then you will have to rely on defending the next objective; the destroyer. It is armed with a frontal gun(tank) so the defending it will be easier, as long as the enemies don't sneak around the back. The destroyer is fitted out with more smaller weaponry if needed(machine gun). In addition, we have recently locked down most of the doors, so getting to the engine room(territory2) will be more difficult, as a long route will have to be navigated through.

Should you fail, and let the enemy destroy the destroyer( no pun intended) not only will you have to protect the final objective, but you will also have to fight harder because you have to protect the AI data core(objective3). It is located deep within the harbor, and the only way to get there is to get from the outside, where the landing pads are, oh did i not mention, you get 2 falcons, so try to distract them by taking the fight to them. Near them is a coastal and an anti-air gun, similar to the ones found on the destroyer and the bunker. These should be used as long as possible before the enemy breaches inside. Again, we shut down some doors, however not nearly enough to make a difference. So ambush them around every corner possible. Once they get to the main part of the harbor they have completed 30% of their journey, they still have to go to the main interior compound, grab the AI and return it to their carrier.

the green text is supposed to say invasion territory.
    The map:
    [​IMG]
    Well I know that was not very artistic, and i'm sure i could make it look a lot better using sketchup, etc etc. but I'm not really a planner kind of guy. Once I make this map in forge 2.0 you will see the results :)

2. HLG FlashPoint

HLG FlashPoint Ancient

Looks nice, the description makes it sound really great but I can't tell much from the pictures. Nice Idea though, I had a similar idea like this but it involved the attackers having to eventually lead a ground strike.