Operation Raccoon City Discussion

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by thesilencebroken, Mar 9, 2012.

1. RightSideTheory

RightSideTheory Legendary
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Dibs on Vector.

Stealth class :D

2. Grave Robber

Grave Robber Ancient

Bertha... Evil German Doctor? My favourite Cliché.

3. Neoshadow

Neoshadow Forerunner

Played some single player and some co-op, nothing else.

If you value your opinion of the game, do not touch the single player. Seriously.
    The game is quite fun in co-op, although it's pretty much just a stale shooter with auto-cover and some boring mechanics. Playing it with friends is a worthwhile experience though.

4. RightSideTheory

RightSideTheory Legendary
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Which is my major disappointment. =/

I really just don't want to drop $60 on a bad game, just to play with some friends. I can't afford to be doing that, I got bills to pay. lol.

5. Grave Robber

Grave Robber Ancient

I honestly didn't expect much from it's gameplay, the developer has only made 3 other games and 2 of them are for the PSP. Either way I will get this but not right away.

6. thesilencebroken

thesilencebroken Jill Sandwich

I played 60% of the campaign with a friend, and a few hours of multiplayer.

Essentially, I feel it's a combination of Left 4 Dead, Gears of War, Call of Duty and Borderlands. Taking a small bit of each of them.

The campaign I found boring alone, but had a blast when I was playing with my friend. It was cool seeing some of the enemies and locations again. Harder difficulties and taking our time made it more interesting to me. Blasting through the campaign isn't fun.

Multiplayer is a bit chaotic, and certain modes I don't have interest in playing, but I do thoroughly enjoy Nemesis mode, Biohazard mode and Survival mode. The neutral enemies take the focus away from the opposite team and objectives. I pretty much just run around murdering everything I see. I'm okay with that.

Reviews always give everything a horrible review. Just rent the game yourself and see what you think. No one ever claimed it'd be just like the old games, no one said it'd be some new, groundbreaking thing. It's a standard game nowadays, and it's fun as hell with your friends. Just like L4D. Purely for fun.

I love it.