ONI Amphitheatre

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Aesthetic Maps' started by Val, Jan 12, 2009.

1. barc0de

barc0de Ancient

I cant believe people keep mentioning the ramp. I know that under most conditions down is best - but in this circumstance up is better.

2. DunkinMyCookies

DunkinMyCookies Ancient

I'm thinking a v2 is in need already; solid color boxes and larger, cover provided area set up for play.

3. Catmon

Catmon Ancient

This map looks beautiful, a great scene that hasn't been recreated untill now.
    The multicoloured boxes aren't a real problem for me, reminds me of the buildings in Mirror's edge.

Machinima potential to the maximum, especially with some added filters to get the 'dark' feel that mimics how the room was dark in The Fall of Reach book.

I've downloaded and I'll tell you what I think from exploring in-game sometime soon, I have work to do tonight.

4. pinohkio

pinohkio Ancient

just a thought but you could make this really playable by blocking off the corridor so its just an inlet and making a nothe inlet on the other side for the flag spawns or bomb pant areas.

5. hitman slayer33

hitman slayer33 Ancient

I knew the name oni was from somewhere couldnt remember what at first >.<
    also, looks BEAUTIFUL. Im definiteally looks playable in a way i guess, but still this is WIN. 5 and dl

6. GD27 BlueDevil

GD27 BlueDevil Ancient

That first pick is stunning... if you made this playable for doubles (go back and reforge) this could be an instant hit through the entire H3 cummunity! Like Jenga Tower was... but really you did a fantastic job and with this map, I know the machinima will be an epic win :)

7. Toxic Spade

Toxic Spade Ancient

I'm not sure why, but it looks funny as hell. I think it's cause of the podium. Definitely going to download this one.

8. xPsychZerox

xPsychZerox Ancient

This looks amazing. I'd have to say avalanche provides us with the best forging objects. Definantely better than foundries objects. Great interlocking, nice aesthetics and I love that room. DL from me. 6/5 keep forging

9. Sage

Sage Ancient

I smell feature does anyone else?

Anyway this map is amazing the eveness and the detail is awsome. If you could go back and change all the box colors for a V2 i would marry the map. jkjk. But it would be amazing and if you had more objects you could make this playable i think and that would be even better.

10. The Hudacris

The Hudacris Ancient

Honestly. You never cease to amaze me. This is truly a work of art from the book and the boxes are interlocked to perfection. Even the outside looks awesome even though that isnt part of the playable area. In all honesty you are the king of aesthetics on Avalanche to me right now.

11. flaming omelet

flaming omelet Ancient

Very nice map. Your forging skills are awesome and you do an excellent job with the details; the podium, the seats, the roof, EVERYTHING!!! I'm definetly going to be playing a lot of Fiesta Slayer on this. I don't blame you at all for not color coding the theatre, I know I would no way have the patience. If you could somehow make this playable it would be an instant feauture, not saying that it won't be (; Maybe you could close off the two main bases, and then connect them to the theatre with teleporters? Or something like that. Great map nevertheless. Keep up the great work!!!!!

12. Obibital

Obibital Ancient

wow this is such a great asthetic map. this is definatly somehow going to fit inside my machinima me and my friend have been working on (dont worry youll be in the credits) great effort! 5/5

13. Yo Mommas Foot

Yo Mommas Foot Ancient

Honestly this is probably the most amazing asthetic map i have seen since 8 emerald legs, and i actually thought of how this could be fit in with an actual gametype, what about like a clan meeting or discussion area like the clan leader is at the podieum and clan people sit on the ampitheater part.... simply awesome.

14. BennyIV

BennyIV Ancient

I looked at your map and I, JIZZED IN MY PANTS. but seriously if this were to be playable I would say feature. (hint hint)

15. Nemihara

Nemihara Ancient

It's...
    I think I just Forgasmed.

Val, why aren't you featured? I'm going to campaign for your maps to be featured.

Honestly, the first picture made my mouth water. Just...beautiful.

16. Love Slice

Love Slice Ancient

This looks very nice. It would have been better if all the boxes were the same color, but like you said, you probably would have gone insane :). Good job, this will make a great machinima scene.

17. Chron

Chron Ancient

i dont see why everyone cares about the colored boxes in my opinon a box is a box no matter what color it is so what is the need of changing it.

..Anyway

o_O OMG WTF BBQ

this is possiblly the best aesthetic map i have ever seen in the aesthetic section in the community map forum since i first joined this would be fantastic for machinima and announcements as someone else said. also a better looking area to talk instead of a pre game lobby that is ugly >.<.

map is so great i'll invent a new number you get a 1 EPICWINion out of 5

nothing needs to improve but would love for some gameplay to go in there : ]

EDIT: OK im back with a suggestion, if it it possible you should put a ramp leading up to the podium so they wont have to jump onto it. i noticed this by while i was walking back and forth enjoying it.

ALSO i think you should make more maps similar the these i think you shine in these maps and i like these kinds very much. (not space ships like rooms in them)

#37 Chron, Jan 13, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2009
  18. Zanitor

Zanitor Ancient

Wow, truly that first picture just blew me away, it was awesome, I can never get boxes like that or that well, you have done a great job ;)

19. Dthen

Dthen Ancient

Ok, I actually shouted "HOLY ****" when I saw that first picture. That is pure dedication, skill, imagination and determination. I could never, EVER do something as mind-blowing as that. You are incredible, this map blows my mind, and wow...
    I... Rated 5 stars. Wow. Those boxes in the first pic are... (o_O)

20. Opkluu3

Opkluu3 Ancient

Wow, I just played on this map, it was amazing. Everything was perfect and the man cannon gave the podeum a great glow. 5/5 man, this musta've blow ur brain out trying to make everything perfect, you really deserve it