One way lift

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by B3NW, Aug 23, 2010.

1. What's A Scope?

What's A Scope? Ancient

This thread was made to discuss the idea explained in the first post. If you have other ideas, you can make your own threads or post them in the general discussion. I have deleted several off topic posts instead of infracting. Posts after this should be discussing the idea- not alternatives, the posts I deleted, or this post.

#81 What's A Scope?, Aug 27, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2010
  2. xWooden leafx

xWooden leafx Ancient

you arguing about something with no viable solution just to argue is annoying, especially when in all reality the thing you are arguing about has about a 0% effect on gameplay and atmosphere. im sure if we wanted we could angle it so the person will fall off if they arent moving forward the whole time, but that wouldnt be worth the extra effort.

3. B3NW

B3NW Ancient

The type of development I want is the kind that was replied in the first page. Constructive ideas, not ideas that change the fundamental idea (Such as the ones that vary from "Just use a man cannon" to "Just use a grav lift".)

Thanks scope.

4. redearth

redearth Ancient

Grats on your promotion BTW B3N, I didn't realize it was recent, lol.

OT: Do you happen to know if this would work with vehicles too? I assume it would, same physics in all, but I have no confirmation.

5. B3NW

B3NW Ancient

& Yes it will with the larger shields. Well in theory it does, I haven't had it tested on vehicles, but I didn't think humans would work first of all, but when I had that tested it worked.

6. Ching Chong Kid

Ching Chong Kid Ancient

Technically this could work with any moveable object. I hope the one way shields effect weapons too, that would make for some interesting weapon venders and what not. Also, if you placed a one way shield against a flat surface it could hold something there like magnetism tech since the object or player can't go all the way through.

7. ImI METAL ImI

ImI METAL ImI Ancient

It works.

Edit:

Obviously what I mean is that the proposed theory that the slight push that occurs when a player exits a one-way door is, in fact (now that Halo: Reach has been released), enough force to produce a one-way vertical lift by placing several one-way doors on top of one another. Seeing as anyone who read the original post would know this is what I meant, I wish I could just say "It works" and not have to write any non-essential words for you to waste your time reading, but apparently that's not up to me.

#87 ImI METAL ImI, Sep 14, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2010
  8. DMM White

DMM White Ancient

Haha, care to elaborate, Metal?

Just thought it was funny that the first post in 2 weeks and the first post after Reach is released is simply "It works" but it still made me a little excited!

9. EpicFishFingers

EpicFishFingers Ancient

I was just about to say:
    "Why can't you just have a man cannon at the bottom (there are different types)...", and then I read Scope's post.
    So, about the idea suggested:

Can you even still make Grav Lifts? They don't seem to be in the menus for the stuff you can spawn, so surely a man cannon is the only viable choice? Especially since grav lifts (in Halo 3) could be destroyed?
    But nonetheless, money shouldn't be an issue. Altogether, you're looking at spending around $1000 for two of these lifts (or ~$500 for one, obviously). You have $10000 of budget, someone will probably find a way to budget glitch the map if needed, and that's the same as laying ten DMRs, for one of these lifts.
    Fair trade, I believe.

10. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

it works very smoothly with a grav lift + 1 door combination