One Betrayal?

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by D4ni3l G, Oct 9, 2010.

1. D4ni3l G

D4ni3l G Ancient

Does anyone else get annoyed by the fact that in matchmaking it only takes one accidental betrayal before the person gets the option to boot you? I was in a snipers firefight game the other day, had got two challenges and a commendation in the match and was leading on points. Next thing i know, some douche jumps out in front of my sniper as i'm shooting, gives me a betrayal and boots me, immediately voiding ALL my cr that i was set to get!

This needs to be ammended >_<

2. xMLGx InStINcTx

xMLGx InStINcTx Forerunner

Yea betrayal booting makes me mad, it happens to easily. But it doesn't really matter in this game because K/D and leaving the game doesn't effect your stats.

3. jameslieb1

jameslieb1 Ancient

I think there should be a "3 strikes you're out" system, so that if you accidentally (or purposely) betray some one once or twice, you're safe, but if you lose all 3 strikes, you get booted automatically.

4. pyro

pyro The Joker

You sir are an idiot; most betrayals are because someone screwed up (often the person who was betrayed) and are not a big deal.
    What bungie needs to do is make three strikes but let each person who is betrayed decide if the betrayal counts as a strike. That way it's up to multiple people to decide instead of just one. Or they need to

5. Chan

Chan Forerunner

Or what they should do is adopt the system that has been working just fine for 6 years.

6. MaxSterling

MaxSterling Ancient

It's too bad that betrayals can't be determined by proximity to enemies, line of sight, and weapon used. Say there is an enemy killed at a location using a rocket and someone was within splash damage range. In that case, the person with the rocket launcher wouldn't be considered a betrayer.

Now take the same situation but the person sniped the enemy with a sniper rifle. If an ally is within the line of sight, then no betrayal. If the sniper moved the rifle and then fired, then a betrayal is registered.

Unfortunately, I think that's too complex of a system for them to add.

7. Combat P3nguin

Combat P3nguin Ancient

I agree the system works fine.

Only thing i hate is the one betray that gets you booted. should be on your second betray that they get the chance to boot.

#7 Combat P3nguin, Oct 10, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2010
  8. jameslieb1

jameslieb1 Ancient

But people would ALWAYS count it as a strike (cuz there douche bags), so there would be no difference really.

9. Pegasi

Pegasi Ancient

Not always, I'll admit it's most, but I've had people not boot me when they had the chance. Granted it's only when I have my mic in and have been talking to them anyway, so I just apologise and they don't, or when I'm doing well and the game is close thus it isn't in their interests to boot me. Though often enough I'll be carrying a team, betray by accident with a badly placed rocket or something (don't give me rocks around team mates...) then get booted, most likely losing them the game unless they suddenly go from awful to amazing the moment I leave.

Might as well give people the option tbh, it's not going to be literally always so there's no harm in leaving space for the occasional acts of good will or just common sense to stop it counting as a strike.

10. deathtoearth596

deathtoearth596 Forerunner

So I was just playing a game of Juggernaut on Pinnacle, and I went to grab the rockets to help kill the juggernaut. I grabbed them, and then took the man cannon back up. I landed bad and lost my shields. A guy then shot at me, and I thought it was on accident at first until he continued to shoot me and ended up killing me. He then ran straight to my body and picked up the rockets. I wasn't extremely pissed at first because I figured I would just get to boot a douche from the game. But, I was never offered the ability to boot, and so lost the game.

This betrayal system sucks.

11. Security

Security Ancient

I never boot people, mainly because I can always tell that it was an accident.

12. LegendofLink

LegendofLink Ancient

The one time that I'm actually given the option to boot, I can't because he has 3 guests with him, and that would leave me in a 2 on 6 invasion game. He was really being a jerk too....

13. D4ni3l G

D4ni3l G Ancient

i think there should also be some kind of rule where if you betray someone, you can't pick up the weapon they had. Maybe you should have a system where after you betray someone once it gets a little harder (they they take a little more damage from you) so if the betrayer does it on puropse, he'l kill you anyway and get booted on the second or third kill, but if it was an accident they'l only take damage and not die after like one sniper or rocket shot.

14. pyro

pyro The Joker

Bungie's way: your game depends on one douche bag
    My way: you game depends on multiple douche bags

I'm the same way pegasi. Direct hit with a banshee bomb on a guy boarding my friend's wraith; I saved the wraith but betrayed a teammate in the gunner seat and got booted for it. Bungie really needs to fix the system.

15. EpicNightTerror

EpicNightTerror Forerunner

I think the two betrayals idea is really sound, although I do like certain aspects of the one betrayal they have in place. Reason being is that I always end up being put on a team with nothing but incompetent teammates, or just plain douche bags. So it's guaranteed that I'm going to have 2 or 3 people sitting in the back of my spawn fighting each other instead of the enemy, and any time that they get the chance to shoot at me they always do. I got so tired of the team killing I thought maybe just maybe It'd be different on another playlist, i played Big Team, Team Slayer, Invasion, and then as a last resort it was Arena... Every match I was followed by my teammates and shot in the back.
    On the same token I've had it where I would be playing a match be MvP and like knowing that we were about to win the fight I would accidentally side step with a power weapon and kill my teammate in the crossfire, I would get kicked out of a match lose my 30 kills.

So yes I love and hate the one betrayal.

16. pickle744

pickle744 Ancient

It's way to easy to get booted

17. TheForeverAirman

TheForeverAirman Forerunner

The booting system is bad, no two ways about it. Especially in Rocketfight (which everyone always chooses) because people rush into groups of enemies not expecting to get betrayed. But the biggest issue I've had with it so far is a game of 2-flag classic. The guy on our team who got the flag stood on top of our base waiting for us to return the flag. He got sniped. So I grab the flag and jump into the base. After respawning, he spends the next minute or so shooting me until I'm down to almost no health because I wouldn't give him the flag. Eventually, I get tired of it and hand him the flag, grab some health, and head to the other base. While I'm there, he gets sniped again, and one of our teammates grabs the flag and jumps in our base. The guy who got sniped did the same thing to him, but instead of giving up the flag, the FC killed him, and got booted for it.

18. MaxSterling

MaxSterling Ancient

Actually, the kids run into the group of enemies hoping to get betrayed... just so they can boot you and get more kills for themselves. From my understanding, Bungie removed the ability to betray on Rocketfight, though.

I'm not liking the updated boot system. Now we got jackasses team killing because they can now get away with it once.

#18 MaxSterling, Oct 12, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2010
  19. pyro

pyro The Joker

Actually it also improves the connection once everyone else is booted.

20. Valor1204

Valor1204 Forerunner

One Invasion game I played, I was betrayed 5 times, 1 by one guy, and 4 by another. Not once did I get an option to boot them.