Heroic DLC (on/off)

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Mini Game Maps' started by xItZ JENKiNSx, Oct 23, 2009.

1. xItZ JENKiNSx

xItZ JENKiNSx Ancient

[​IMG]

Hello, xItZ jENKiNSx here with my first mini game that will drop a little fun into friday night fun. Your most likely confused on what to do, but you`ll catch on quickly with this important guide. Lets start off with the infected. The infected players will spawn in what I call "The Attic" where they drop a little rain on the humans` parade (see what I did there ). The Infected`s goal is to stick, kill, and burn their unsespecting prey below. The humans spawn in "The Pit" where they run, dodge, and out smart their predators from above. Now here is some screengrabs and the traits of the players avoiding their death.

General Traits:
    Number of Rounds: 5 Rounds
    Time Limit per Round: 5 Minutes
    Betrayals: Disabled

Respawn Traits
    Duration: 5 Seconds
    Damage Resistance Invunerable

[​IMG]
    As you can see, there is no floor, but the infected still have the ability to walk around and throw a surplus of spike grenades and a scarce amount of firebomb grenades.

[​IMG]

Zombie Traits:
    Primary weapon: Energy Sword
    Damage Resistance: Invunerable
    Damage Modifier: 90%
    Sheild Recharge Rate: No Shields
    Motion Tracker: Disabled
    Weapon Pickup: Enabled
    Speed: 90%
    Gravity: 300%
    Forced Color: Black

[​IMG]
    The Pit is where the Humans make their run, but its blocked in. Don`t worry thats not a bad thing due to the humans strength and thier helpful custom power-up. Trust me its a blast of fun!

[​IMG]
    Human Traits:
    Primary Weapon: Energy Sword
    Damage Resistance: 150%
    Damage Modifier: 0%
    Weapon Pickup: Unchanged
    Motion Tracker: Disabled
    Shield Recharge Rate: 50% Slower
    Speed: 90%
    Gravity: 300%
    Forced Color: Pink

[​IMG]
    Custom Powerup Traits:
    Place at Start: No
    Duration: 60 Seconds
    Previous traits as a human are unchanged exept...
    Speed: 110%
    Apperance:
    Forced Color: Gold
    Active Camo: Poor camo

Action Shots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

YouTube Video will be uploaded soon.

Download link: Map: Bungie.net : Halo 3 File Details
    Download link: Gametype: Bungie.net : Halo 3 File Details

#1 xItZ JENKiNSx, Oct 23, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2009
  2. ..::Brotherston!x

this looks like a good fun map but one that could get boring really easy
    i dont fully understand it
    can the zombies fall to the ground?
    aww well
    4/5

3. xItZ JENKiNSx

xItZ JENKiNSx Ancient

Accually they can't fall to the ground and when I tested this with recent players from matchmaking, they all loved it.

4. The Molemyster

The Molemyster Ancient

Looks pretty good. Is it basicly that Zombies throw grenades from a invisible platform?

5. H3A

H3A Ancient

ahh, someone finally used that invisible barrier.

6. Shenanigans.nom

Shenanigans.nom Ancient

THANK YOU!!!!!!! i have been waiting forever for someone to use that invisible barrier on rats nest i tried and failed in making a good map. IDK how well this would work but good idea and good execution.

7. cowboypickle23

cowboypickle23 Ancient

i played this earlier with a ton of people and it was histarical. soooooooooo much fun. trying to dodge all the stickies. and the asthetics are very very nice. great mini game. 5/5

8. RaBBiiTTT

RaBBiiTTT Ancient

For me, I dislike the fact that the humans have high gravity. The main purpose of the humans in this game is simply to run around dodging the grenades while staying alive, yes? Well, I think it would be much more fair if they were given perhaps not the default gravity, but at least less gravity then the one you have set here.

I reckon that the duration of the Custom Power-up is relatively long. Knowing that the time limit itself is 5 minutes long, it is not really the best news that one person will have certain privileges greater than that of the normal humans for 1/5 of the match duration (assuming everyone or some humans are still alive).

I have not played here yet, so I can give you the benefit of a doubt. My perception of this map is based on the sight of my own eyes and not my experience. I would love to see how this plays. On a positive note, I love how you made this map on Rat's Nest rather than a map like Sandbox or maybe even Foundry. Great work, my friend.

9. xItZ JENKiNSx

xItZ JENKiNSx Ancient

PHP:
    Well I see what you mean. Some restrictions have been made, but some perevleges have been made like the humans are way more stronger than normal and due to the limit on double boxes and bridges, I had no choice to make the gravity higher, but on the bright side, the custom powerup is useful and the duration of the powerup is perfect. I reccomend you give it a try. :)

10. Gollygeeanelite

Gollygeeanelite Ancient

Great map, and I had a ton of fun testing it. Possibly the best mini game in existence. I'm happy that you created this map jenkins. I'll play with you later, k?

YouTube - On and off- A Halo 3 Map

This isnt the most up to date version, but it helps you see how the map plays out

#10 Gollygeeanelite, Oct 24, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2009
  11. boomerdude

boomerdude Ancient

its ok but it would look nicer if you put the walls alltheway up so it didn't look idk it looks cheap and idk what else to say but you did acomplish using that invisable wall good job on that

12. xItZ JENKiNSx

xItZ JENKiNSx Ancient

Like my mom always tell me "dont judge a book by its cover".

13. Fluffy Pie

Fluffy Pie Ancient

I dont get why its called "on/off" but anyways its a nice concept, I do like the use of the invisable wall. I havmt played it yet but I am planning on too.

14. ..::Brotherston!x

ahhh
    thanks
    just a bit confused
    lol