Old School CTF

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Mini Game Maps' started by azn_dude1, Jul 25, 2008.

1. xYx ZeuS xYx

xYx ZeuS xYx Ancient

2. Homely Boy

Homely Boy Ancient

very very nice! I know I've tried to make a cops and robbers game before. and I never thought of using a switch like that. I had used grav lifts in some way or sort. It would work so well. I'm DLing and I'm playing this for sure

3. azn_dude1

azn_dude1 Ancient

I'm surprised I haven't received many questions about this map... if you have any, feel free to ask!

ATTENTION: I am removing this map from my fileshare to fix some spawning glitches and such. Please be patient for v2.

Ok, v2 is up on my Fileshare if anyone wants to download it. I'll have the thread up as soon as I can get some more action pics.

My Fileshare: Slot 21

#43 azn_dude1, Jul 30, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2008
  4. viprikr

viprikr Ancient

This Map kicks ass its alot of fun

5. azn_dude1

azn_dude1 Ancient

Thanks. I realized a couple days ago that v2 had problems. Just keep playing v1 and try not to cheat. It's hard to anyways; I'm surprised it was found. 150 downloads guys! Keep it up!

6. browniekillyou

browniekillyou Ancient
    Banned

cool but its kinda open and not much of a map just two towers on each side

7. azn_dude1

azn_dude1 Ancient

Yeah, in the future, after I get the jail mechanism perfected, I'm going to start working on a "backyard" to make this an actual filled up map. I'm debating whether or not to have the sides symmetrical or not...

8. Nakigara

Nakigara Ancient

yeah this map pwnz 100/5 but yeah the new v2 should have more scenery of a back yard per say.

9. OddWorld17

OddWorld17 Ancient

just one comment/question. Well when i play CTF at school there are sides. The field is split in half.So if your on your own side you can NOT be sent to jail or tagged, but if you go on the enemys side you can be tagged/sent to jail and your not safe at any point when on their side. Is your map set up like that ? Or Not? from wut i can see it isnt. Understand what i mean ?

10. Y35 <3

Y35 <3 Ancient

perdy nifty map you gots there
    And i do like how you incorperated the switch into it to make it even that much better

11. azn_dude1

azn_dude1 Ancient

Yeah, I know. I thought about this problem for a while, and it's declared IMPOSSIBLE. It sucks, but it's the best that Forge gives. :p

I don't know if I'll release a blank map with a foolproof jail system next...Either that, or the scenery filled one. I haven't started working on the scenery one yet. What do you guys want next?

#51 azn_dude1, Aug 9, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2008
  12. mrod009

mrod009 Ancient

what changed in v2?

13. azn_dude1

azn_dude1 Ancient

Oh, I removed the shield doors, they didn't really help. I did some minor adjustments, like making the fence walls straighter as well as adjusting the fusion coils so that they would explode 100% of the time. The major change was that I added respawn zones to make it impossible for you to spawn in the wrong jail.

14. M.Jelleh

M.Jelleh Ancient

This is freaking awesome man. I suggest that you go to gamevee and make a video. If enough people check this out, I could definitely get featured. Great job man, awesome minigame.

15. azn_dude1

azn_dude1 Ancient

Yeah, I will make a video after the final is out. There's still this one exploit I need to fix and since school started, I'm working a lot more slowly.

I'm still not sure if I should put scenery on it or just leave the arena blank.

16. itsmebiff

itsmebiff Ancient

looks like an awesome map cant wait to play it wit friends

nice work!! =)

17. Kodiak xX

Kodiak xX Ancient

Expect a download from me.

I like how the jail system works, Nice map :D

18. mrod009

mrod009 Ancient

u finish v3 yet?

19. azn_dude1

azn_dude1 Ancient

I haven't really done much. Since school started, I've been really busy (and playing Spore) so I haven't had much time to work on it. I can't give you a time for when it's going to be finished, so just hang on, I'll post it when I'm done.

20. TChun21

TChun21 Ancient

BTW fix the teleporters that return you back to the "field" because you can easily become spawn camped there.