Official Reach Forge Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by chrstphrbrnnn, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Spicy Forges

Spicy Forges Ancient

I love the phase option, rotation snap, fine tune placement of objects and fixed option.

2. Jex Yoyo

Jex Yoyo POETRY, bitch.

God i cant wait to play around with this. It looks amazing. I love everything.

3. Spicy Forges

Spicy Forges Ancient

I just noticed that shield doors (or similar objects) havnt been shown or mentioned. I hope there are some!

4. Lippy

Lippy Ancient

Dear Halo,

I'm sorry. I'm so sorry.

I'm sorry I cheated on you with Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. She means nothing to me. And Red Dead Redemption, that... that *****. That's all over now.

Please, let's put it all behind us, Halo. Now that I've seen all the amazing things we will experience together in the near future, I'm ready to take you back, as long as you're willing to do the same.

I love you.

Sincerely,
    Lippy<3

(PS: HOLY ****ING ****)

5. B3NW

B3NW Ancient

Look at the orange things..

6. Jex Yoyo

Jex Yoyo POETRY, bitch.

Lol i just noticed that chrs's OP said forge-gasm. Epic win.

God i have so many ideas its overwhelming.

7. Mongoose

Mongoose Ancient

I'm breaking out a few composition notebooks to sketch ideas in now. So far, I have 27 pages of one of them filled.

I'm also going to put $40 more down on this game right now.

8. zeppelinboy777

zeppelinboy777 Ancient

I just didn't feel like signing in.

Looks like I'll be coming back to ForgeHub in 1 1/2 months!

And on-topic, does anyone else feel the strong desire to create a race map that utilizes the ENTIRE Forge World, and kind of weaves in and out of the different areas? Imagine that: You're just racing along and then there's Blood Gulch, hey there's Sanctuary, holy crap giant man-cannon type thing.

9. Jex Yoyo

Jex Yoyo POETRY, bitch.

Sorry zepp, but bungie beat you to it. If you look closely, you will notice that every single video with a racetrack could link to another racing segment. They build a full-world racetrack, into multiplayer!

10. Mace

Mace Old Tyme

Yeah, but everyone knows bungie sucks at forging.

11. Sparky09

Sparky09 Forerunner

I was able to catch a glimpse in the commicon gameplay near the part where he killed the guy with the killball. Looks like the Soccerball, and the golfball are returning, followed by the tincup.

12. zeppelinboy777

zeppelinboy777 Ancient

Also, there is a die (singular dice).

I really don't think we've seen all of Forge World. They have 6 maps shipping with Forge World, and there are 9 callouts. So that's 9 places specifically built for maps, and on top of that we get the other areas like random caves, cliffsides, canyons, etc. that can be used to build maps also. Maybe more released in the update tonight?

13. Jex Yoyo

Jex Yoyo POETRY, bitch.

I am eagerly awaiting tonights update to see what b.net has to say about this newest awesomesauce stuff.

14. DMM White

DMM White Ancient

Actually, some one at Bungie has already done that. Its a race track they described as being several kilometers long which will take you through all the different areas. (edit, too late)

I like the idea of racing through all the old maps but you'd have to rebuild them all. Blood Gulch (Hemorrhage) is saved as a different map to Sanctuary (Asylum) and Ascension (Pinnacle).
    It would be awesome though.

I keep watching the ViDoc to find out what "Shape" does.
    It may apply to things like that grid. A 15x15 grid seems odd to me. Things like that are usually powers of 2 (the Crypt was 32x32).

Second thing I noticed. Changing the colour is a bit odd.
    There is an option for changing the object colour, sensibly called "Object Colour", but at 4:22, as they change the colour of the base, thats not what they do. The colour is currently set to "Blue", they change the "Team" to "Red Team" and the details turn red.

#174 DMM White, Jul 23, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2010
  15. LRMAN0989

LRMAN0989 Forerunner

Oh well.... that map still worked as a big team ctf or big team slayer map in halo:ce (IDK if it was on the xbox version, but it was called 'Death Island' on the PC version) so i'll remake it and tweak it to work with the new AAs and stuff. Lol I remember when I played it people took a tank out into the water and shot everything that moved :p

16. Jex Yoyo

Jex Yoyo POETRY, bitch.

OH! I just figured out that its not that we have placable water, its that we can raise and lower the water levels. I was confused as hell in relation to that being added, cus water is a huge buget eater.

17. zeppelinboy777

zeppelinboy777 Ancient

You can make objects be objectives, like a territory or a KOTH hill. Shape controls the area around the object that the territory/hill/objective is.

18. Noxiw

Noxiw Ancient

It's basically equal bro, you can set it to be immovable or movable.

19. rusty eagle

rusty eagle Ancient

[​IMG]

So, here we have this camera. It is customizable for teams, so I speculate that upon death players of a certain team will be able to switch cameras and pick safe spawns or get the drop on their next brainy meal.

20. Noxiw

Noxiw Ancient

Good call, I had noticed that in the vid... but i forgot that in certain gametypes you can choose your spawn location. (hopefully that is customizable in the gametype options.)