Official Reach Forge Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by chrstphrbrnnn, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Vincent Torre

Vincent Torre Ancient

I'm confused what you mean?

2. Atmosphere

Atmosphere Forerunner

Oke I had this really, really weird bug last night on forge.... A friend of mine pushed A TREE up in the air when he was trying to place a spawn point besides it. The spawnpoint got stuck under the tree and pushed it out of the ground.....

3. Gollygeeanelite

Gollygeeanelite Ancient

Does anyone have an interest in creating Forge Art about This Guy? That would be epic!

4. Youtuber

Youtuber Ancient

So while setting up my map for the stockpile game variant, I noticed you could set initial spawns as flags.

So possibly, you could make a vip variant, with the point being a flag return spot?

5. DMM White

DMM White Ancient

It wouldn't be VIP. The flag return area would just stay put.

I did find a fun trick (others also found it too) but I can't really think of a gametype. I suppose it could be used for VIP but without a play being forced to be the VIP.

You can set weapons to be objective items. I set a shotgun as the hill but the game sort of turned in to Oddball... with out the ball.
    I guess you could also use it for assault, setting a weapon as the bomb plant point, the attacking team then as to get the bomb to who ever's carry the weapon and blow them up... perhaps that one wouldn't work though because I don't think the hill area is available when your carry the weapon. I guess you'd have to kill the guy with the weapon, then plant the bomb on his corpse.

6. JIMtheBUM

JIMtheBUM Forerunner

Does anyone know what the label : INV_Mancannon: Its an invasion only label so it has to be something to do with it. Cause you see the map I made has working artillery maybe I could make a phase were it is used or something?

7. Spicy Forges

Spicy Forges Ancient

Some weird **** going on! I made a conquest map on spire and now it's just load a forgeworld variants when I try to edit it. Heard this glitch has been happening, bit annoying but oh well.

8. Ladnil

Ladnil Ancient

Save multiple versions.

9. xWooden leafx

xWooden leafx Ancient

if you save as a new version every edit, you wont have any problems.

10. Der Flatulator6

Der Flatulator6 Forerunner

Yeah, I think you can set a cannon to that label and then set the spawn sequence to 2 or 3 (phase number) If that doesn't work, use the "INV_WEAPON" label, it will work.

11. Impact Strafe

Impact Strafe Forerunner

Sorry this has probably been answered but how does one properly set up CTF flag spawns in Reach, a url or something would be helpful

12. xWooden leafx

xWooden leafx Ancient

the required objects guide that is stickied would be the place to go. its in the reach forge discussion forum, towards the top of the page.

13. ExampleONE

ExampleONE Forerunner

I was thinking of this last night. Wouldn't it be cool if they added GRASS to the natural structures. Like all of the grass that is already on Forge World and you would just be able to place it and build it up as non protective cover. It could lead to some interesting ideas.

I was also thinking they need to have something similar to a shield door that makes looking through it one way all black and the other way it would be almost invisible. I really want to make things come out of the darkness but it is impossible with the special effects and only 2 lights.

14. ZakAtak757

ZakAtak757 Forerunner

Finally finished "Cruiser Crisis"

It's in 'competitive maps'

15. Packeranatic

Packeranatic Forerunner

How would one go about doing priority respawning, say once a player unblocked a respawn point, how do I make sure they respawn there? Is this possible?

16. Security

Security Ancient

JoeSki73 can kiss my ass.

17. patrickcanttype

patrickcanttype Forerunner

It's used on Spire and isnt really necessary for making invasion maps.

18. Organite

Organite Journalist

If you set something as a gate for phase 3 on Invasion, will it disappear when you win?

19. CjayS42

CjayS42 Forerunner

Respawn zones put priority on the points inside it, so you could make that respawn zone spawn in after a stage in invasion.

20. timmypanic

timmypanic Forerunner

Am I allowed to have a map in two catagories? I can make some adjustments. It is my new map Spherical. It is a competetive map and made with most game types working. Following a set out game play... Having to get to a point on the map, for objective goals.. This is the same for slayer as the rocker launcher is in the same place. I have had good comments on the aesthetics and was wondering if it is allowed in aesthetics as well as competetive. http://www.forgehub.com/forum/reach-competitive-maps/112892-spherical.html
    [​IMG] [​IMG]