Official Reach Forge Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by chrstphrbrnnn, Jul 22, 2010.

1. WWWilliam

WWWilliam Forerunner

There is the tiniest bump barley noticeable in the video, As Bungie has said it's impossible to remove completely a lot depends how well you make the map with the new tools you can make maps a lot less bumpy. Even still the same bump in Reach and halo 3 the Reach bump will be significantly less.

2. Orange

Orange Ancient

Does anyone else see all the possibilities with the new soft death barriers?
    I love them SO much.
    For instance an idea i had was to use them for aesthetics; make a cool structure for a weapon to be that may be easily campable, but put one on so you cannot camp the area

Or give out weapons that only certian loadouts can get, for instance you would need spring to run to a weapon within 10 seconds, or go high enough with jetpacks

Or put some weapons outside of the map, that way you need to risk your life and go away to get an item

Use them to make running alot nescessary, put barriers everywhere and have it so that each one occupies a room, and when you change rooms it resets and you can occupy the room for 10 seconds

Make it not possible to camp a spawn room by making it so you have to leave it in 10 seconds after spawning

3. InferiorPigeon

InferiorPigeon Ancient

100 is the limit.

1:46 in this video.

YouTube - ‪Halo Reach: SDCC Forge Demo‬‎

That's just for building blocks. Buildings is 12. I'm sure each category has it's own limit.

#563 InferiorPigeon, Aug 6, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2010
  4. TheGreatHibiki

TheGreatHibiki Ancient

[​IMG]
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Well These are the Armor abilities. I don't see any Ammo pack or anything else. Let's see if this is the limited amount of abilities or maybe the spawn version of the selection is there.

5. tyggerr

tyggerr Forerunner

Wait we can place only 4 Armor ability? I hope it's 4 of each...

6. TheGreatHibiki

TheGreatHibiki Ancient

Yeah I'm a little confused by the Limit as well. I've seen when they forge objects and the number go down, and then other times when it stays the same. I might end up spending a night figuring out how many of each one I can do and how many I cannot.

7. HLG FlashPoint

HLG FlashPoint Ancient

I am pretty sure there are some already placed on the map. Look over behind the two towers he made. The 3 things...

8. BloodBender97

BloodBender97 Forerunner

I believe those are starting points.

9. CzIz

CzIz Forerunner

Everyone, hold your horses; don't make any guesses on budgets and limits too early: Bungie said they used a custom build of Halo Reach for all these Forge World Demo's when Ferrix answered Q&A's. One thing we know for sure is they removed maps that we didnt already know about from the game so that their names didnt show up in the menu's when we saw the menu. But also they seemed to have capped the budget for this build. You'll be wondering now what makes me say this? This previously unmentioned video on IGN, one of many short videos they have, shows a budget of $10380.
    IGN Video: Halo: Reach Xbox 360 Gameplay - Forge Scenery
    That is what makes me say they may have capped budgets/limits for this custom build, and possibly even removed items, including some AA's which we currently don't know about.
    On the other hand, it may just be that this video that I have shown was an earlier build when they hadn't decided the final budget, therefore had a higher budget at the time of the video. Could swing either way.

10. mefire66

mefire66 Forerunner

To me it still showed $10000, but everything else you said seemed true.

#570 mefire66, Aug 7, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2010
  11. Transhuman Plus

Transhuman Plus Ancient

It's going to be nice having map items that time and effort went into. Remember how Sandbox had that inconsistency where the "Block Double" was wider than it was tall, and the hitbox made it so there was always a huge gap when you tried to line them up? Hopefully they fixed that now that they've been able put lots of design focus into Forge.

It also doesn't hurt that the Forerunner objects are all about precision, with lots of flat areas, right angles and design simplicity.

12. Youtuber

Youtuber Ancient

It just came to me, the forge world budget is relative, sure, we get a 10,000 budget, but each item is around 300....

Meaning its about the same.

13. WWWilliam

WWWilliam Forerunner

Key word About

To rebuild Lockout in Sandbox it took like 100% of budget and almost all items using glitches.

And in Forge world Lockout remake is only 50% of budget and not too many items.

14. TheGreatHibiki

TheGreatHibiki Ancient

I wonder/wish (because I doubt bungie added it) they had the lights(head lamps) like they did in Halo CE/2. It would make infection gametypes more fun because the rooms could be dark and the non infected could use them to illuminate the area for more creepy effects.

15. oh knarly

oh knarly Ancient

Reach has a significantly bigger budget, comparatively, than halo 3 but I've come to realise recently that its not as big as I initially thought. No matter how big the budget is, people are always going to hit the limit especially considering the size of forgeworld.

Theres always going to be limits but bungie have massively improved forge enough to keep us on our toes for some years to come.

16. Ladnil

Ladnil Ancient

The blocks and stuff like that are just $10. The more complex things like the sniper tower cost $150. I haven't seen anything at 300 yet, though I don't doubt that there are some items that high.

17. Youtuber

Youtuber Ancient

The tower was 300, I'm pretty sure.

18. Mr Magashi

Mr Magashi Forerunner

No tower was definitely 150.

19. LastWoneStandin

LastWoneStandin Forerunner

Besides despawn times.

Looks like I'll be opening doors the old fashioned way, but it's fine. With that many objects, I won't even notice.

20. TheGreatHibiki

TheGreatHibiki Ancient

i want... opening(and closing) doors, Night/element effects, gradual fade to effects, waxing and waining effects (Night and day, rain, ect. comming and going), Invasion type 1 bomb, civilian truck jeep thing so I could do baha 100 styled maps/gametypes, large fully constructed buildings for city fillers, head lights on spartans/night vision on elities, despwaning items, Drivable pelican/spirit troop carrier (allow it to take more than 1-2 laser/quad plasma/rocket hit too.), my weight in gold, and finally the avility to change graphics in forge world to desert, snow, and the like.