Official Community Suggestions for Updates/Upgrade/Add-ons for the SMD thread

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Nestik, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Nestik

Nestik Ancient

As the title states, this thread is for you the community to tell me what you would like to see upgraded/updated/ or added on to the Sandbox Map Database when the big update I've been talking about comes out.

Any idea or suggestion is welcome, It doesn't matter how crazy it is or how impossible it sounds given the limitations of forum posting abilities. I don't care about any of that, I just want community feedback on what they would like to make it better for you, the community.

Anything that the majority thinks would help make it more interactive and easy.

Anything the majority thinks i should add organization/categorization wise.

Anything that you think would help or better it for the majority.

Yes, I had a thread like this before looking for feedback on what you all thought. Yes, this thread is very similar. So why post it?

Well, i need answers within the next week or so and I need as many suggestions and opinions as possible. This update is going to be HUGE. Therefore, i need ALOT of feedback from the community, I made the SMD for you, so it should be "tailored" to your liking.

With that said, Go at it.

You can find the current SMD here.

The previous thread similar to this one here. (If you so choose to view the small amounts of suggestions from before and perhaps take them and tweak them)

Thanks for all your feedback and I look forward to making this meet everyones needs and model it to the communities satisfaction.

2. Nestik

Nestik Ancient

Don't really want to bump this thread but it needs more attention and i need more feedback so someone please give me your ideas/suggestions. I really want to get this update up within the week.

3. Captain Forge

Captain Forge Ancient

I highly dought anyone will reply, seeing as there isn't anything you can do to improve it (however feel free to prove me wronge, please. great database!)

4. Nestik

Nestik Ancient

The possibilities that i have now recently acquired allow me to improve it far beyond the current limitations of "Posting and post editing" abilities. Therefore anything suggested is very much possible.

So please feel free to tell me ANY suggestion you wish.

5. StoneColdLemon

StoneColdLemon Ancient

the only thing wrong is that you arent adding the new maps at the time when it is the hardest... right after the maps come out. the only thing that seems reasonable for you to do now, is to keep the layout the same, and instead of it being a database of all maps, have it be a top 25, or top 50, of all the different genres. have a top 50 infection, FFA, Mini Game, Aesthetic, Casual, MLG, Remakes, etc. and just update it every two weeks or so, and try to pick them based on what the community feels about the map in general, not just your opinion. it would only be hard at first, but after a while you would only be replacing 5 or 10 maps in each genre every update.

EDIT: sorry just read what you said on the SMD page, and although the above post is now meaningless, i still think that you should put a top 50 maps section, but instead of having it be for each, do a top 50 including all genres, or do a top 10 for each genre at the top of its section in the database. GL with the updates i cant wait.

#5 StoneColdLemon, Apr 14, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2009