Official Assembly / Orbital Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by thesilencebroken, Feb 11, 2009.

1. zeppelinboy777

zeppelinboy777 Ancient

Yeah. I'm looking forward to playing on regular Assembly though, MLG really isn't my thing. It might make my best friend play Halo 3 again, as he thinks all Halo 3 maps suck and that Halo 2 was much better. I remember always playing oddball on Midship. I think the first thing I'm going to do is play some oddball on Assembly.

2. Kilr0n

Kilr0n Ancient

the skulls seem kind of pointless to me because i can guarantee that under an hour the locations of all the skulls will be posted all over the internet, but the maps themselves sound cool to me but I'm probably going to wait till they're on marketplace because the halo wars demo just didn't seem that great to me.

3. Yeti

Yeti Ancient

You're right, they probably will, but that doesn't mean you have to cheat and look up the locations.

You know you could always.. you know.. find them yourself?

4. RaVNzCRoFT

RaVNzCRoFT Ancient

Doesn't Orbital have a moving escalator?

5. RightSideTheory

RightSideTheory Legendary
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Yeah, Its not a really big feature but it's there.

6. xxDeeJxx

xxDeeJxx Ancient

i think Orbital will be one of the better halo 3 maps overall in terms of Game play, and prolly the best Infection map to forge for.

7. CaMOfo

CaMOfo Ancient

Anything that has some sort of moving mechanism or button is going to be epic for switchs.

8. zeppelinboy777

zeppelinboy777 Ancient

There's also going to be switches that allow or cut off certain areas of play. Light bridge switch? That would be epiczorz. I can't wait to get some One-Flag in on this. That
    would boost population in Team Objective...

9. RightSideTheory

RightSideTheory Legendary
    Forge Critic Senior Member

I meant its not a big feature for the actuall MM map. I'm sure some great switches will be made in forge for this though. You could have a sort of time delay switch as something travels up the escalator.

10. RaVNzCRoFT

RaVNzCRoFT Ancient

Do you think it will move you if you stand on it? Like Colossus?

11. xFr1ct10nx

xFr1ct10nx Ancient

[​IMG]
    From the looks of it, Orbital will be a very challeging map to forge on. unless you can get out of it and forge in space, that'd be kool playing in space.

btw, has anybody noticed the small box in the bottom right corner of Orbital?

12. Yeti

Yeti Ancient

Why would you want to Forge outside of Orbital when you have the Sky Bubble on Sandbox?

Aesthetic reasons?

13. xFr1ct10nx

xFr1ct10nx Ancient

well, sandbox is awesome, thats not all im interested in, i just hope it doesnt turn out to be another Heroic Map pack, where foundry was basically used as the only fargable map, and yea i think citidel with have kool asthetic values. also Assembly do you think it will have a Hornet or airial vehicle on it? i think it may be too small.

14. InferiorPigeon

InferiorPigeon Ancient

I would love to forge in space, that would be the coolest. The stars and the sun, those would look awesome when you're playing.
    I'm definitely getting out there.
    ;]

15. Yeti

Yeti Ancient

I doubt it, but I guess it could pull a Construct and have some air vehicles.

I think it would be pretty cool to break out of Assembly and create a map out there. I love the Skybox in Assembly.

16. xFr1ct10nx

xFr1ct10nx Ancient

i didnt know Assembly had a Skybox, where does it say this?

17. Vinyl Hippo

Vinyl Hippo Ancient

It doesn't he was just saying it would be cool

18. ForgeGod117

ForgeGod117 Ancient

no sky box but unless bungie is going to be a jerk and patch every way out of the map you should be able to get around outside and have a good open place for a sky bubble. This might actually be advantages in some maps. The aesthetic theme would work better than looking down upon sandbox's main ground.

Imagine a floating competitive map up where the scarabs were being built. During gameplay you would look to your left and see a couple of hunters getting on a scarab. This would be the ultimate aesthetic addition.

19. urk

urk Ancient

You guys are using the term "skybox" incorrectly. The skybox is essentially the backdrop of the level (i.e. clouds, mountains, stars, etc.).

Assembly definitely has one, and it's impressive.

20. Yeti

Yeti Ancient

Yes, that's exactly what I meant. Urk to the rescue!

But I must say that Assembly's Skybox is breathtaking. I can't wait to play on it. :p