ODST screenshot guides:sandstone and evolving

Discussion in 'Screenshot Guides' started by mooseIV, Mar 21, 2010.

1. mooseIV

mooseIV Ancient

I don't think anyone has made a guide for ODST screenshots yet, so I'd like to show you two of the best effects in ODST.

Sandstone
    Examples:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This effect can only be done on the campaign mission, ONI alpha site. You can do at the very beginning of the level.
    1. Start running back to where you can detonate the charges and make sure to keep at least one shot left in your spartan laser.
    2.Have the poser stand in the shade of one of the destructable towers, and have the ODST with the spartan laser shoot the top half of one of the towers, but not the one the poser is standing under because it will get rid of the shade.
    3. In theater mode, look through one of the pieces of rubble from the tower as it's falling and you'll notice that anything in shade is visible but everything in the sun isn't, similar to the grunt confetti effect in Halo 3.
    Look through the rubble at your ODST and it should create the above effect.

Evolving

Examples:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This effect can only be done on Data Hive and happens right before you find Virgil.
    1. Get to the point of the mission where the brutes are trying to break open a door and just quickly kill them and gain access through the door.
    2. In the room/ hallway, there are blue scanner things that move back and forth down the hallway. When your ODST walks through one of the scanners, it will show up on them like in the pictures above.

Let me know if this guide was helpful or if you have any questions.

#1 mooseIV, Mar 21, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2010
  2. Spicy Forges

Spicy Forges Ancient

Meh, nice guide for those two shots but a few more effects would be nice.

3. VoragoTitan

VoragoTitan Forerunner

honestly I don't really like either of the effects, but thats just me. they are still cool, but not my thing.

VoragoTitan