ODST Easter Eggs

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by iRaynne, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Gunnergrunt

Gunnergrunt Ancient

Ell3ment and I just ran across this one while forging. We offered Fronk pallets of fish and his expression changed. But that was only coincidence. It changes every 2-3 mintues...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#61 Gunnergrunt, Oct 13, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
  2. LIGHTSOUT225

I think I remember the first change being around 2:20 or so. Cool stuff though. The big billboards don't change, only the smaller ones (one on each base)

3. Klaydude11

Klaydude11 Ancient

In Uplift Reserve whatever vehicle you last used, or finished the level with, that's the vehicle that Dutch jumps out of and then explodes.

4. DMM White

DMM White Ancient

I thought I saw something different with Fronk! I saw the picture with his eyes closed and thought it looked a bit odd, I didn't realise they changed. Thats awesome.

And I want to try finishing Dutch's level in a wraith, see if it does anything (except they explode as soon as the driver gets out; brute or ODST).

5. Katanga

Katanga Ancient

The Angry fronk on the attacker base also changes eyes.

6. Klaydude11

Klaydude11 Ancient

WE'RE THE ZEBRAS!!! And the covenant are lions, RAWR!

7. Slobby Knuggs

Slobby Knuggs Ancient

dead zebras!!

one that i found is on uplift reserve after the first part with the wraiths if you keep going in the right direction and go through the tunnel and turn left you will see a bunch of dead zebras along the ocean. i geus bungie hates zebras...

8. 1shawn1

1shawn1 Ancient

Guys, go on Longshore and go into the fish tacos place. There's a dead rat in the fryer!

9. Yyzyyz

Yyzyyz Ancient

while you are on mombassa streets, you will eventually see a group of brutes trying to set a fuse on an engineer

most of you have proboably seen this and may not be an easter egg, but it is still pretty cool

*Brutes pin down an engineer, trying to attacth fuses*
    Brute 1: *Grr* Hold the creature still!
    Brute 2: Set the charge, before I lose my grip.
    *Quick whirr*
    *They let go because they have attacthed the fuses*
    Brute 1: There, ready to explode if any human gets too close.
    Brute 3: Let it roam, let it do the Prophet's work.

Then when they see you, they have shields.

If you throw a grenade at them before they arm the engineer, it will fly off and fighting them will be less harder. You can still unlock the Good Samaritan achievement by doing this.

10. Flameblad3

Flameblad3 Ancient

Walking around the city for hours on end looking for audiophiles can pay off.

All lot of different places in the city have glowing triangle symbols around them. Mostly, there are dead elites near them, or they're near supply caches. Oddly, they only appear with your VISR on...

That's the best I've got…

#70 Flameblad3, Nov 24, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2009
  11. 1shawn1

1shawn1 Ancient

Actually, they can be seen without VISR if you look closely.

#71 1shawn1, Nov 24, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2010
  12. Plasma Rifle Elite

Sorry, they're not talking about Bungie.net. B.net is short for the UNSC Battlenet.

13. fornozo

fornozo Ancient

They are, but it doesn't rule out the fact that bungie is referring to their own site as "b.net". Therefore it is possibly a easter egg/shout out to them selves or Blizzard since they are about to launch a steam like game client for their games.

14. Spicy Forges

Spicy Forges Ancient

i just went through uplift reserve, then right at the end i got in a wraith and finished the level. result? the cut scene after had me falling in a warthog. wtf?

15. Plasma Rifle Elite

That's because Bungie didn't expect people to do the Wraith driving glitch, so they didn't program Wraiths into that cutscene.

16. Spicy Forges

Spicy Forges Ancient

oh well. It was worth a try.

17. Skater

Skater Halo Reach Era

Buck, and the monkey dude. When your in the last cutscene, on a certain difficulty, you should look to your left near the end. And you will see Buck and a Monkey man

18. Cryptokid

Cryptokid Ancient

Yes actually I posted a thread in the vid section quite a while back on that one. It made me lol the first time I saw it.

19. Matty

Matty Ancient

Sort of an Easter Egg, Bungie must have known it could be done.

Probably less than week into ODST's release, me and Roche managed to get inside of a car in Firefight, It was purely accidental, but i ended up trapped inside a police car, with full view of the covenant ganging around me outside. But they would not shoot, they would just stand and stare, indefinitely.

All you have to do is blow a car up, but without moving it very much from it's original position. When it blows up, the windows are taken off, and you can just sit in the drivers seat. And if you happen to be crouching there at the end of a round, the car, like everything else will respawn, trapping you inside it. You can't see ****, until you melee the window a few times, which weirdly makes it transparent from your side, so you can see everything else going on outside. A few more melees/shots/grenades will blow the car up, and allow you to escape.

20. Neoshadow

Neoshadow Forerunner

No idea if it's been mentioned, but the best easter egg has to be dancing marty.

The level in which you drive a banshee around protecting the Phantom, there's a little ledge off to the side before you get to the scarab fighting part. Getting there on legendary shows a hologram type thing of marty dancing with hearts and bubbles in the background.