Odeum

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by N1NJ4, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Elite Ruler

Elite Ruler Ancient

i downloaded it and played out really well. its really small but it is a really good map.

2. NarutoHaloFan13

NarutoHaloFan13 Ancient

I love a small,quaint team doubles map such as this.5/5

3. Mental

Mental Ancient

Good Job on the feature even though it's a pretty simple map. But you should watch out when using just a window panel to block something off because you can basically walk through them and get out of the map.

4. Stratigon13

Stratigon13 Ancient

I have not played longest but i played elongation on halo 2 and have heard they are similar. i have to say it reminds me a great amount of elongation and it wasn't even based on that. awesome map congrats on the feature (i guess it did get noticed).

5. DeadeyeForge

DeadeyeForge Ancient

SOOO fun to play on the gameplay is amazing on this map, i wasn't sure when i first D/Led but i tried a 1v1 slayer on it and it was great, niiice job i understand 100% now why this was featured. Great thoughts on how you make your maps. :) 5 out of 5.

6. nickseeknconker

nickseeknconker Ancient
    Banned

this looks good i honestly thought it was a remake :[

7. ZombiePlague

ZombiePlague Ancient

From what i can see from the pictures it doesn't look too enthralling. The Bases seem kind of empty. A little more Aesthetic work wouldn't hurt (the over-shield, and Acvite-camo tricks are old.) =/ sry.

And did you Geo-merge at all? Not saying that you should've just curious. Im Downloading anyway. Looks alright. Surprised it made on Featured.

8. Gemini

Gemini Ancient

Alright, I'll download this. nice work

9. fornozo

fornozo Ancient

looks nice ill give it a DL since i am desperate for small maps to beat my brother on.
    Also 4player FFA works?

10. a pmp nmd slkbk

a pmp nmd slkbk Ancient

pretty nice map reminds me of longest ALOT! nice job on the feature too

Bottlecap likes this.
  11. JustcallmeDrago

JustcallmeDrago Ancient

Wow, Congrats on the feature! And I'm surprised that I'm in the special thanks section (lol). I had fun testing this map and as for aesthetics, I'm surprised you didn't get the Power Drainer/Radar Jammer indicators in any screenshots!

12. Sheldon237

Sheldon237 Ancient

Pretty Nice Work. Gameplay is pretty well balanced and the design is ingenuitive for only a long hall. The bases can be difficult to defend from so it becomes nearly inevitable that hectic skirmishes will erupt in the corridor. The weapon placement is pretty well done but night have been a bit better had you put the weapons on one side of the map in an asymmetrical pattern. This would keep players on their toes and confusing them about which cubby holds which weapon. I tried this with some others and it was immensely fun not knowing where the shotgun or plasma rifle was.

Design 9/10
    Gameplay 10/10
    Weapon Placement 9/10

13. Xx BEHEM0TH xX

Xx BEHEM0TH xX Ancient

Hey I just got back from playing this map. The gameplay isn't extremely great because the shotguns are overpowered and the spawns are hectic. For a v2 I would suggest fixing these issues and perhaps making the hallways a little widder. Otherwise, I still think that this map is great and there is no doubt why it got featured. Good job.

14. V Undertow V

V Undertow V Ancient

Shotguns fail. Replace them with something less powerful in a v2. I loved the little power drain/radar jammer base indicators. But really, this is beautiful. 5/5.

15. SAVExTHExWHALES

SAVExTHExWHALES Ancient

I love evrything about this map except 1 thing... the shotgun shouldn't be in a "cubbie." Other than that looks like a very good map.

16. fornozo

fornozo Ancient

Ok downloaded and played it now and based on gameplay im gonna have to give this a 2/5.
    Looks good dosn't play good

17. N1NJ4

N1NJ4 Ancient

Not to be rude to anbody but to those who had positive comments, thanx, but i really don't care and to those of you who had negative comments I really don't care what you had to say either. I didn't sit down and say "Oh I think I'll make a map and see if the communnity would like to pick it apart". In all seriousness I wasn't even gonna post it until orangeremi told me that i should. Also I didn't forge this to satisfy anybody. Seriously that's not why i forge. on a final note, and i don't care if i get in troouble for this, All you guys who have the balls to cut down a map on a forum site can Keep your oppinion in your pretty little mouths.

#57 N1NJ4, Aug 18, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2008
  18. UndoingChales

UndoingChales Ancient

its an alright map, i mean great skill at making it, its just i don't like it that much
    (a very kind) 4/5

19. UndoingChales

UndoingChales Ancient

you can go **** yourself asshole and **** orangeremi, your lover, too
    go back to you and orangeremi jacking eachother off in the corner cuz no one wants to listen to what you want to ****ing say, grow some balls and take the criticism you *****

20. Xx BEHEM0TH xX

Xx BEHEM0TH xX Ancient

Hey most of us are just trying to help you. Having criticism is a good thing because you know what you may or may not want to put into future maps. If everyone only said that this map was great, then you really wouldn't know how to improve your forging abilities. Most of us are just trying to help, that's all. No need to get all defensive over a few suggestive comments.