Observatory

Discussion in 'Reach Aesthetic Maps' started by Devil trigger, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Devil trigger

Devil trigger Forerunner

This is my fourth map to be posted and i have been working on this for a long time. Budget constraints were a major setback as well as making it very hard to add the finishing touches. For this map i took inspiration loosely from the buildings from Thunderbirds Tracy island and the house shown in the iron man movies. I separated this build into two parts, the upper part with all the tech and the lower part which is a kind of living area, both are easily accessible.

[​IMG]
    front view of the exterior
    [​IMG]
    back view of the exterior
    [​IMG]
    entrance of the top part
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    my dismal attempt at a gun rack, ideas how to improve upon this would be greatly appreciated
    [​IMG]
    entrance to bottom half/living area, notice the lack of arms on chairs due to budget constraints
    [​IMG]
    attempt at oven and sink
    [​IMG]
    sleeping area, i made it possible to get into each individual bunk

Comments and suggestions are welcome.

[​IMG]

2. RoboArtist

RoboArtist Forerunner

i like where youre headed, but it looks like you spent about 20 min on the thing to be honest (no offence).

try not to use walls or wall doubles for floors. they're bumpy, and dont look good niether. try using flat walls instead.

Advice: hold the crouch button down when placing an object in monitor mode. it makes things alot easier. and try to get it as precise as you can.

welcome to forgehub.

map rating:2/10

3. Minister Muffin

Minister Muffin Forerunner

three words: Bigger pictures & aesthetics. It's hard to see the map well with that size of picture and based on the pictures it doesn't seem aesthetically pleasing...

4. Psquiddy

Psquiddy Forerunner

I have to go with Security above me, your map doesn't seem to have a purpose. I can understand your trial, but when it comes to aesthetics and uses, it doesn't make sense. Tip, when placing weapons, try not to make a weapon cache, on some maps it's good, but on this one, it looks like that would just get annoying and constantly camped.

5. rubuie5

rubuie5 Forerunner

jup aesthetics are rlly bad sorry to say. i once played a map of a friend with kinda the same ammo cache and it was in a really small room. imagine how hard it is to get the person that stays near the cache to get away. also make more walkways so ppl have choises where to go. BIGGER PICS!!!