MLG Obdurate v2

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by Values, Dec 24, 2010.

1. Values

Values Forerunner

Obdurate v2.0 is the second, most recent version of my symmetrical MLG map. It floats above the water near the island, and is mostly enclosed, hallway to hallway combat. The middle piece is a double 2x4 bridge that connects the sides left and right to each spawn base. A single room lies under the middle of the bridge, containing one Evade. To get from the under room to the top of the bridge, one uses the struts on their side. Much more detail of the map can be shown to you in the pictures below.

Overview:

[​IMG]

View from Red Spawn Base:

[​IMG]

View from Blue Spawn Base:

[​IMG]

Under Bridge:

[​IMG]

Bridge to Red Hall:

[​IMG]

Red Hall; View-Left Side of Blue Spawn:

[​IMG]

Extended Walkway, Red Side:

[​IMG]

Small Courtyard Infront of Extended Walkway and Green Room:

[​IMG]

Green Room:

[​IMG]
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    DOWNLOAD HERE!

Much thanks to all of those who helped me test out the map! Shout-outs to NDS Talon, IPrivacy, GenesideKnight, Jantrmc, and Kobolt.

Comment, tell me what I can do to make it a better map, all feedback is greatly appreciated!

#1 Values, Dec 24, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2010
  2. Celic

Celic Forerunner

This looks very well forged, it's not just a bunch of platforms connected by bridges. I would DL it but since none of my friends like custom games, I won't DL it but it looks very interesting from the screenshots.

3. xHoBoSNiPeR

xHoBoSNiPeR Forerunner

looks like a pretty good map from the pictures, but there's one thing that bothers me.
    isn't the map waaay too open? I don't know, because I haven't played it soo..
    the map design is pretty basic. why are there no spawn points in the middle? I'm sure it should be a hot spot but there should be spawn points too IMO.

4. Values

Values Forerunner

I can see how you find it open, but when playing, only the long bridge side is somewhat open. The map is set up to where no part is overpowering and you can't be spawn trapped. If more spawns were closer to the middle, the players can easily spawn trap. Also; the map is not very open. It was built for more precision weapons, so the hallways tend to be longer.

5. xdemption

xdemption ATN
    Forge Critic Senior Member

You want to play more custom games?

I got an entire clan worth of testers If your looking toplay on maps give me a holla on DHG redemption7, my friends are more than willing.