O... M... G...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Titmar, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

http://xboxevolved.e-mpire.com/article/No_Title/4272.html

Talking with very reliable sources, and seeing evidence ourselves, Xbox Evolved believes that Microsoft, Rareware, MGM Studios (studio that makes the James Bond 007 movies) and Activision (holds the license for James Bond 007 titles right now) have come to an agreement to bring the Rareware developed Goldeneye 007 out to Xbox Live Arcade shortly before the new game developed by Activision is released.

The title will feature updated graphics, and of course an all-new Xbox Live multiplayer. Not only that, but we have found evidence that Rareware is planning on releasing even more of their back catalog onto Xbox Live Arcade, specifically, Perfect Dark and the original Banjo-Kazooie. Expect more on at least Goldeneye 007 later this year.

007 and PERFECT DARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111!!!1 omgasdjgnasdgnashysru

2. TheYavimayan

TheYavimayan Ancient

That will be AMAZING!

3. Ty

Ty Guest

That's pretty damn sweet news. Goldeneye and Perfect dark on N64 where awesometastic games. I'm stoked.

4. Wakko45

Wakko45 Ancient

Goodbye Halo 3, I knew you well. Seriously, two of the best games ever, thats so awesome.

5. The Alien123

The Alien123 Ancient

Woah and with updated graphics it will be like playing a new game :D

6. Poztar

Poztar Ancient

Oooh man. Never played Perfect Dark but Goldeneye will be GREAT. If only we could get some other N64 games on the 360...

7. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

Perfect Dark was Goldeneye 2, but without the James Bond license because Rare lost the license. It was so f'ing awesome.

8. SargeantSarcasm

SargeantSarcasm In Loving Memory

For some reason I don't see this happening, however, that's not to say I don't think it would be absolutely AWESOME if it did....last time I heard rumors like this it was about the Xbox Elite...so it can be possible...

9. Penguinish

Penguinish Ancient

Prepare you selves. where in for a wild night.

*waits for golden eye*

10. Shock Theta

Shock Theta Father of 4chub
    Forge Critic Senior Member

I am in some sort of shooting-hats-off-heads heaven right now

11. shaba_levi

shaba_levi Ancient

im probably gonna get slammed harder than a 14 year old soccer player thrown in jail for this, but i don't see why everyone thinks Goldeneye is such a great game, i hated it...

Perfect Dark, however, was a kick as* game, as well as Banjo Kazooie..can't wait for those!

12. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

I didnt hate Goldeneye, but I agree that Perfect Dark was better. It annoys me that tons of Goldeneye fans never player Perfect Dark. What rank were you in it? I was rank 2: Invincible ( 1:perfect was highest) I had over 900 of every medal and i had like 30,000 kills. lol which is a lot considering it wasnt online and u only fought against bots or friends.

Nowadays games have yet to replicate PD's totally awesome and in depth stat tracking system, it literally tracked EVERYTHING. I dont understand why its so hard for game companies to have their game track every single thing u do. Gamers love it, it allows them to compete at every aspect. And another thing that more games should have is the programmable AI bots that you could set up to fight against in multiplayer. That was so fun.

13. Ty

Ty Guest

I completely agree with you there, if none of your friends are online, you should be able to have Noob bots that you can go around an own for fun..... Titmar you speak of genius.

14. Lone Deity

Lone Deity Ancient

This may be considered blasphemy by some of you but...

I never played Goldeneye.

I was 2 years old when it came out.

And 5 for Goldeneye.

But I did have my N64, and Banjo Tooie and SSB were the best.

15. Poztar

Poztar Ancient

Ooo, sounds exciting. Was PD really better? If it was then I'm probably getting that one first.
    I totally want bots for Halo 3, I don't know why they don't let you do that with forge. Placeable brutes and grunts would be amazing, as well as elite allies. In-depth skill tracking for live would be great.
    I kinda want Super Mario 64.

16. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

Well realistically it probably would not be brutes and grunts because theyd have to program so much more for that, it would be just more master chiefs and elites.

But yea it was awesome how u could set diferent difficulty and personality types for the bots.

My friend and I used to play us vs. 8 DarkSims (a Darksim was basically a cheater it was so good, it had automatic headshots and did more damage and ran faster) but we would put the game in slow motion while we played so it was actually possible. It was loads of funs, kinda matrixy

17. TrueDarkFusion

TrueDarkFusion Ancient

I just have a feeling that neither game will be as good as any of us remember. :squirrel_sad:

18. xxxmasterofuxxx

xxxmasterofuxxx Ancient
    Banned

I miss the old perfectdark. Teh multiplyr maps were oh so fun. and who here doesn't miss the pheonix pistols and maulers

19. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

Very true, but i suppose thats why they are "revamping" them.

Im definitely gonna wait for a review before i purchase, cuz i dont want thgem to sucker us fans into buying it just cuz of the name

20. Fitzypatrick413

Fitzypatrick413 Ancient

This is going to be sweet. =]