NoName!

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Casual Maps' started by Minime637, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Minime637

Minime637 Ancient

[FONT=&quot]First off, this is not my map, it is a good friend of minds map and he asked me to post it here, so here it is.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] The map is an asymmetrical map created by SpinyPanda and Gamr H. it is to be played using the Cops and Robbers infection gametype. With 4-14 players, it can be a very fun and chaotic infection map. We couldn’t the of a name for it! [/FONT]:(
    [FONT=&quot] The humans (robbers) start in the upper left corner of the map with a Gauss Warthog, Mongoose, Fuel rod gun and a Shot gun. When exiting the human starts point, to the right is a tower with three levels, the lower level houses the shotgun, along with two plasma grenades. The second level which is partially closed off holds and SMG and two Magnums. Finally, the uppermost level has a single Carbine to pick those coppers off as they come running towards you, with ample cover as well. There are also many rooftops that you are able to run around on. Under one of those roofs, right near the Carbine tower is a normal human Warthog.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] The zombie (cop) spawns in a large structure located in the middle of the map which houses a Turret, Neddler and two plasma grenades and a Battle Rifle. This building is where the zombie first spawns but once you kill it, it is highly recommended to claim the building for yourself. The secondary zombie spawn is in the lower right corner of the map, with multiple Mongeese, a Brute Shot and some hidden fire grenades. Also near by, but well hidden for the cops, is a shotgun.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] You can find amy hidden items throughout the map including some Spike grenades, a trip mine, fire grenades, and a rocket launcher, which I think is virtually inaccessible.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] If you play some good old slayer, or team slayer, you will find a ghost in the spot of the humans Mongoose.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] I hope that you enjoy playing some infection on this map, but please remember, this is not my map, it belongs to SpinyPanda and Gamr H, i only fixed a few things. Please, take it easy in the comments, constructive critism is acceptable.[/FONT]
    Here is the download link to SpinyPanda's Fileshare: Bungie.net : Bungie Online : Halo 3 File Details
    [FONT=&quot] Thanks a lot, i leave you with a bunch of screenies![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][​IMG][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [​IMG][/FONT]

Primary Zombie Spawn-Main Structure

[FONT=&quot] [​IMG][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][​IMG][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Vehicles Vehicles Vehicles![/FONT]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Carbine Tower

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Part of The Village- Hidden Rewards

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Humans Garage

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Green Ballz of Fire!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Boom Boom Boom

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I Splat You... AND YOU!

2. Oakly HiDef

Oakly HiDef RivalMass

This is a pretty good basic map. It has no interlocking or geomerging at all. Not that this is bad but if you / your friend want to make more intersting maps then you should head over to the forging 101. These techniques really allow you to make so much more on foundry. People here tend to rate a map based on how good it looks and you will often receive messages like "1/5 needs more loxzorz (=interlocking). Though this isn't necessary it really helps make gameplay smooth. When you walk on boxes there wont be as many bumps and things start to look good.

The gametype seems interesting though it is not the traditional cops and robbers that most people think of. Im not sure if the game play is fun but it is just for casual play.

I would give your map a 8/10 and recommend you learn how to forge with the new techniques. Not a demand just a suggestion

3. SlasheI2

SlasheI2 Ancient

Actually it does have interlocking and you shouldn't say something that you aren't sure of. It looks fun though also kind of cramped though I guess it's supposed to be like that but IDK.

4. Yo Mommas Foot

Yo Mommas Foot Ancient

I don't see any interlocking in that picture and it also looks escapable because you can grenade jump on top of the fence boxes then just jump over the teleporters. =(

5. SSP xHavokx

SSP xHavokx Ancient

Layout: 2/5 The layout of this map is decent in a sense that it's not too open not to closed etc. but its the usual base construction with a garage of vehicles.

Interlocking/Geomerging: 1/5 I saw one interlock in the pictures that you showed. That's not necessarily a bad thing but if you do it that way, just make sure that it's clean and not just thrown together i.e. the roof of the base thing.

Gameplay: 3/5 Though i've not played on this map it seems as if it would flow fairly smoothly. It seems very team oriented, as in any infection gametype. It seems as if theres a bit too many vehicles though.

Aesthetics: 2/5 The cones and the trucks are a nice touch. I see the person that created this map tried to create a roof on multiple bases. The idea is good, they just need to work on making it cleaner.

Post: 2/5 Yes I include the post in my critique. You posted everything correct, it could just look a little neater. Maybe add some colors and text size changes? It just seems to look a bit more 'professional' in my opinion. Colors usually attract the attention of the people that view your map just to see the pictures rather than read through the entire thing. So it's good to get them hooked.

Overall: 2.5/5 This is a decent map, could be better if it was cleaned up a bit and if it wasn't just a bunch of vehicles in such a tight space. You posted the map right, so thats a plus. Keep up the good work.

-Havok

6. d4rkdemon

d4rkdemon Ancient

the map looks ok but is sloppy and could of been better with geo merging and there isent much room for cars to drive round
    i suppose u could make a v2 and you could go on forging 101 for tips of how to merge and u could even ask some1 with experiance to help u forge

7. Thom Barbarossa

Thom Barbarossa Ancient

hehe PREFECT!!! me and my friends always play on these kind of maps but the ones we have where getting old, so i came here looking for one and this is PERFECT!!!!! :]

8. flame1280

flame1280 Ancient

It is a pretty good map to begin with but is no interlocking or geomerging at all overall i give a 3/5 =) by the way first post=D