Nom Nom

Discussion in 'Featured Maps' started by chrstphrbrnnn, Aug 13, 2012.

?

What do you think of this map?

1. Not my style

8.7%
  2. Okay

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Average

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Good

26.1%
  5. Great

65.2%
  1. chrstphrbrnnn

chrstphrbrnnn Guardian

[​IMG]

Nom Nom
    Created by Darth Human & A J Yusi

Recommended Players: 8-16
    Required Gametype: Yum Yum

Once upon a time the world of Halo was filled with screams of laughter and barrels of lols. The youth frolicked through the green fields of Valhalla or sped across the barren wastes of Avalanche. Those were the best times; when the Mini Game was king. The Casual map had once ruled the roost. Then Reach arrived and struck down thy Chopper and removed thy VIP. As a result, Mini Games faltered.

Fortunately, there has been a shining light through the darkness. A man with great promise who can deliver back the frolicking to our youth. That man is Darth Human. Along with his trusty sidekick, A J Yushi, Darth brings us yet another casual adventure that can get the blood pumping and hearts pounding in the chests of competitive players everywhere.

Nom Nom features a pretty simplistic concept: feed the giant. Players race along a straight bridge to retrieve stockpiles of food from one end and bring them back to feed their giant. However, it's never that simple, is it? As our fearless mongoose champions will soon discover, their enemies are not fond of the giant receiving his nourishment. Thus, as they speed along the perilous edges of the bridge, they must also avoid a constant barrage of plasma grenades from their not-so-kindly neighbours on the platform above.

So that is how the story ends. Darth Human dons a shining new cloak of green, the youth frolic once more and another great mini game graces the front page of Forge Hub. You see, the best mini games are the ones that are simple enough for all to understand but complex enough to be enjoyed competitively, all while laughing profusely. Just ask Forge Cafe.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Download Nom Nom

You can view the original map thread by the author here.

Want to see a map featured? Let us know here.

2. cluckinho

cluckinho Well Known

Congrats on artisan Darth! Definitely a fun map to play on, so great job to both of you.

One problem with the post though: it is A J Yusi (no h)

#2 cluckinho, Aug 13, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
  3. xzamplez

xzamplez Ancient
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Actually played this one. It was fun. It has the same goal as the Armor Lock map, but it takes a different approach.

LoL@ the best times being when Mini games dominated. I wasn't here for that luckily, but it sounds like the competitive maps were lacking.

4. Yellow Sausage

Yellow Sausage Promethean

Congrats to Darth and Yusi for the Feature! Great map.

5. SecretSchnitzel

SecretSchnitzel Donald Trump

I actually love this game. Played it a good couple of times. This and Avalanche are two of my favorites.

6. theSpinCycle

theSpinCycle Halo Reach Era

I agree with you. Darth Human makes excellent minigames.

I played some Avalanche over at my friend's house and his expression the whole time was "omgthisissofunomgwoohooawwidied."

7. Spicy Forges

Spicy Forges Ancient

I have been filled by a big sense of nostalgia from that into, chrstbrpderpndndnsherp... *Drops into a deep state of thought, oblivious to the world around. Images of tripmines hurtling hogs off into the abyss, soccer balls and fusion coils flying at your face, the looming shadow of a chopper cornering you against the red blocks and a lonesome brute trying to sneak up on your prized asset fill his mind.*

Nice map Darth Human, keep up the innovation and I look forward to seeing what you can wrangle out of Halo 4.

8. Darth Human

Darth Human Guy from Reach

Thanks for the feature guys! I need to play this more often now... honestly I didn't play it much after finished it because it was "too simple". I guess that's why people like it, right? Anyway, I hope you all enjoy it!

9. xzamplez

xzamplez Ancient

I agree. It's not the kind of mini game you could spend long periods of time on. But if you play it in short sprites, its replay value lasts much longer.

10. caughtsword4

caughtsword4 Promethean

It was fun, but the only person i could play it with at the time was with my younger sister (whos a fail) and it got sorta boring throwing plasma grenades at someone who didn't know how to drive a mongoose, but I think it would be better with more people. :/