Nom Nom

Discussion in 'Reach Mini Game Maps' started by Darth Human, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Darth Human

Darth Human Guy from Reach

Nom Nom
    4-16 players
    Co-forged by Darth Human and A J Yusi

Drive across a bridge, avoid the dingle berries (plasma grenades), and feed a giant with some flags. Simple.

"Nom Nom" [HD] - Halo Reach Forge Maps (THFE) - (Ep.42) - YouTube

Teams take turns each round as they attempt to collect flags. More flags equal more points. But in order to collect flags, you and your team must drive across this bridge, reach the other face, pick up a flag, and drive it back to your spawn face.

[​IMG]

But it's not that easy. While you're driving, you need to avoid the dingleberries (plasma grenades) that the other team throws at you. This team is equiped with custom powerups, and instant spawning plasma grenades. These custom powerups make you much faster (faster than mongooses with sprint), and enable you to do damage.

[​IMG]

The spawning face contains instant spawning mongooses, initially two of them are "armored" with small barricades (they don't do much, but they're fun anyway). The flag face contains 3 flags that instantly spawn (unless there are more than 7 flags on the map). Each face also contains instant spawning health packs.

Open the spoiler below to find out how to get instant spawning mongooses

[​IMG]

There are 4 rounds total. After each round teams switch. The team with most points wins!

[​IMG]

This is one of my more simple mini games. No complicated mechanics, just simple fun gameplay. As always, I hope you enjoy!

#1 Darth Human, Feb 16, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
    therealjuan1818 likes this.
  2. Noxiw

Noxiw Ancient

Looks promising. Not the most original idea ever, but it looks like you've pulled it off well enough. The addition of more flags is a nice spin on this gametype. If I'm ever on my xbox (unlikely), i'd love to check this out.

3. Shanon

Shanon Loves His Sex Fruits

I'm not much of a mini game dude, but the execution looks fantastic.

I like simple games. This is simple.

I'll give it a DL, although I'm not exactly sure if I'll ever even get to play it with that amount of people.

4. SpartanPeter

SpartanPeter Around the Block

I saw this earlier on THFE,s channel, you guys do an awsome job in reach, i think the best ever aesthethics, mechanics, maps, tutorials, tips.
    I just love your maps and series, i watch every episode =)
    And again such an nice mini-game came out.
    I played cat and mouse and can remember the fun i had on it, dodging all the wraiths and survive for the whole game.
    This is (i think) a well thought of map, feed an gaint with flags.
    Nice job Darth, as always.

5. Thelepearchaun

Thelepearchaun Promethean

I played this with you on a Friday customs lobby a month or so back and LOVED it. Def. getting a DL from me

6. REMkings

REMkings BIOC
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Someone please remove Action Sack and promote/rename it to Darth's Sack.

7. Southern

Southern Forerunner

I couldn't have said it better. Darth, why not post the video for Nom Nom? We all love to Yusi get killed. Oh, and a fun thing to do on this map: spam all stickies on one guy at a time. They get pissed, you get lulz.

8. Darth Human

Darth Human Guy from Reach

You mean on my channel? I did, it's also in this thread.

9. Thelepearchaun

Thelepearchaun Promethean

I would play Darths sack all the time. Id let friends play it too. Is that odd?

10. Psychoduck

Psychoduck Spartan II
    343 Industries Cartographer Forge Critic Senior Member

Darth, I'm not sure how we never end up in customs together, but you'll have to get me to play this sometime. I loved Bevan's commentary on the video, as always, and the map looks fun as hell. I'll be interested to try some of those strategies on there.

*Secret THFE handshake*

11. Skyward Shoe

Skyward Shoe BTB Legend

I don't usually like mini-games, but a few lately have caught my interest. Simple, no honor rule games like this are what I like, and it appears to be a challenge for both sides. I'll jump in with you and Duck any time.

12. CosmicJosh

CosmicJosh Forerunner

Weeha!!! I've gotten some games on this map, and wow! The game has had like zero lag, and is fun to play with any party size. Very competitive minigame. This, Sunday Driver and Armor Walkers are my favorite mini games right now.

I think that Action Sack should have this game in it.

13. Quibbles

Quibbles Promethean

This is a great game. I've played it with friends a bunch

14. SecretSchnitzel

SecretSchnitzel Donald Trump

Congrats on the feature Darth. This map definitely deserves it.

15. Gravitas

Gravitas Ancient

I've played a lot of different Mini-game maps with friends lately, but there are always a select few we enjoy the most. I was surprised to learn that nearly all of these (including Nom Nom) were created by Darth Human. You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.