Remake Noble Creek

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by The Blaze Jp, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Exile

Exile Forerunner

Best remake ive seen, only the kills zones piss me off, you should use soft kill zones (always).
    Probably the only remake that actually had the underground part of the bases in it.

Good job.

~Exile likes this~ (thumbs up)

2. The Blaze Jp

The Blaze Jp Forerunner

Thanks,

Also like ive said to others i will be improving the barriers in v5, In v5 there will be a soft kill before each hard kill to give you a warning that you are going too far out, not just hard kills with no warnings.

Added after 19 Hours 58 minutes:

yeah i stand by flooded bases being stupid, hands down dude...

#22 The Blaze Jp, Oct 16, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2010
  3. Fire Cracka

Fire Cracka Forerunner

Have you posted this in "Forgotten Treasures 2" contest thread?

4. The Blaze Jp

The Blaze Jp Forerunner

I will be soon enough, Probably on the 27th with a v5 with minor changes if any.. Probably will just adjust the killzones to warn players they are going out to far

5. Fire Cracka

Fire Cracka Forerunner

Theres a crack on your floor near the bottom of sniper ramp. very easy fix cant believe no one has noticed it yet.

6. The Blaze Jp

The Blaze Jp Forerunner

Yeah the download link was updated earlier, No idea how that got there in all honesty..

7. i eat clowns

i eat clowns Forerunner

this is by far the best remake of this map ive seen

8. The Blaze Jp

The Blaze Jp Forerunner

Thanks dude, glad you like it.

9. SP Dark Killer

SP Dark Killer Ancient

Only thing bad I can say about it is that the cameras are messed up off the start of the gametypes. If you could fix that it would be next to perfect.

10. The Blaze Jp

The Blaze Jp Forerunner

How are the cameras messed up?

I'll look into it

11. ShKai

ShKai Forerunner

Nice job and the lack of river does not affect the gameplay at alll. You can see the hard work you put in.

Hey Bungie where's my snow and sand terrains in forge world? Make different terrain forge worlds?

12. SP Dark Killer

SP Dark Killer Ancient

I was playing an FFA on the map so maybe it was the gametype, also one more thing I noticed is that the colors assigned to many objects doesn't show up in FFA gametypes. I went into forge and saw that this was because you set the color to "Team Color" to some objects instead of just saying red or blue. What this means is that in non team games the color will be neutral. If you want to see what items this affects just start up an FFA and look around the map. I can tell you right now that I know this problem affects the antenna in front of red base as well as one side of the needler doorway on red base there are other places as well but I that should be enough to give you an idea of what the problem is.

13. needy154

needy154 Forerunner

looking 4 friends to play customs with add me...GT: machuka01

14. The Blaze Jp

The Blaze Jp Forerunner

It's not set up for FFA, Never thought of it as an FFA, but i don't see why i cant fix all that for v6, Simple changes n all..

15. darkprince909

darkprince909 Talented
    Creative Force

omg this has got to be the best remake of beaver creek ive seen, and ive spent forever trying to find a good one through reaches search function. All the classic jumps return :D nice job you got my download. also if anyone is having trouble finding a good prisoner remake look at my sig :D

16. SP Dark Killer

SP Dark Killer Ancient

Actually Battle Creek was used as an FFA map in CE, you'll be surprised, FFA actually plays quite well on the map.

One more thing, I was playing another custom game yesterday, 4v4 CTF game, and one thing I noticed is that one base is taller than the other, specifically the part of the base above the flag spawns. Now this normally might not be a problem, but it turned out to be a big issue because we were playing on 110% speed, 110% jump height, 150% gravity, 75% melee...in others we were playing a gametype that tried to capture the feel and movement of previous halo games because tbh I don't like reach's default settings. Anyway it turned out that you were able to jump out of one base from the flag room of one base but not the other, I don't recall which base you were able to jump out of but as you can imagine that was a problem since we were playing a CTF gametype.

Edit: Recently I started playing on 125% jump and 150% Gravity and the map feels a lot better, you can jump out of both bases so it fair (although I wish you couldn't). Anyway here is a film and I really think its worth taking a look. It shows how the map plays and may expose a few issues.

#36 SP Dark Killer, Nov 7, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2010
  17. The Blaze Jp

The Blaze Jp Forerunner

I will take a look and plan any fixes needed for the next version, tho it was tested and i never was able to jump through any windows. (on default settings).

18. yomilo

yomilo Forerunner

Post Deleted by Author...

#38 yomilo, Nov 20, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2011
  19. Dot

Dot Forerunner

You have to make sure that you change the object color to red and blue not the team color to red or blue, its confusing, but this should fix the problem that Dark Killer is talking about

20. dlimcher

dlimcher Forerunner

This is probably the best beaver creek remake out there right now, It seems like you put a lot of work into it. A couple things though, beaver creek's passageways are really stretched out like yomilo said and the areas between the bases and the canyon walls are also too stretched. Im assuming you did this for the faster speed of walking in mlg, could you make one true to the original??? Maybe a new version?