Remake No Man's Land 2.0

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by Heavens Revenge, Oct 14, 2010.

1. Heavens Revenge

Heavens Revenge Ancient

No Man's Land 2.1

No Man's Land 2.0

Long ago in the TimeSplitters 2 Mapmaker Example Maps there was a map called Telebag, a portmanteau of Teleporter and Capture the Bag. I made Telebag larger, changed the lighting and weapons, and changed the name to No Man's Land. This map is my second attempt to recreate that map, and it has about 7 years of play history between my family and friends. This rendition is extremely close to the map I made in TimeSplitters 2.

[​IMG]

The map's layout is simple, a large empty field 9 windows long and 5 windows wide, with windows constituting the lengthwise walls of the map. The width-wise walls of the map are actually teleporter rooms that take you to either base or to the platforms above the middle area. In the original map these platforms were actually a bridge above the middle. But faithful to the original map, there is a sniper in the middle and shotguns on the corners of the central area near the farthest windows.

[​IMG]

A view of the No Man's Land from the teleporter rooms.

Inside each base there are machine guns and DMRs along the windows so defenders can fire into the enemy base or the No Man's Land itself. It's all CQC once you are in the base so shotgun control is vital. At the far corner of each base is a teleporter to the flag room of that base, a small isolated pair of bunker boxes. This differs from the original, where the teleporters in the base were actually ramps to a second level with a small bag room, but due to the size of the querry area in Forge World I could not fit a ramp in the red base.

[​IMG]

A view of the interior of the red flag room.

Weapons:

Sniper x1
    Shotgun x2
    DMR x4
    AR x4
    Plasma Repeater x2
    Plasma Rifle x2
    Needler x2
    Needle Rifle x2
    Plasma Pistol x2
    Spiker x2
    Magnum x2
    Frag Grenade x6
    Plasma Grenade x4
    Machine Gun Turret x2

Only supports CTF at this time. Please try the map out with 3-7 friends and tell me how your game goes. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

#1 Heavens Revenge, Oct 14, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2010
  2. Penguin

Penguin Forerunner

I have tested this map and found many issues, the concept of this map is very good although it has also been overdone. I found it very difficult getting past the turrets and other various weapons in "No Mans Land" Perhaps a tiny bit of cover along with a room lengthening would make this funner for everyone.

3. Heavens Revenge

Heavens Revenge Ancient

I played a game with 6 people and it was a tie, it is nearly impossible to make it all the way into the enemy base without dying. I also noticed that bubble shields are extremely potent on this map. Spawning also needs some work. I will continue to work on the map and upload a new version tomorrow morning.

Added after 14 Hours 28 minutes:

Updated, made some changes to layout and weapons to make it easier to steal the enemy flag.

#3 Heavens Revenge, Oct 15, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2010