Nitro Illision

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Race Maps' started by Tay25, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Tay25

Tay25 Forerunner

This is my last map for halo 3, not my best but I did work hard on it. Feedback is welcome but please do not whine about how the jump is not 100% of the time, I worked on the jump for around 12 hours trying to make it as perfect as can be.

Starting:

[​IMG]

Sharp Banked Turn:

[​IMG]

Bridge: ( Banked Hill )

[​IMG]

Bank:

[​IMG]

Under Nitro tower and going to jump:

[​IMG]

Jump:

[​IMG]

Jump into terrain:

[​IMG]

Ending destination:

[​IMG]

Overview:

[​IMG]

#1 Tay25, Sep 6, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2010
  2. serumembryo

serumembryo Forerunner

Ok so this map looks good but it has lots of problems. This map is not cheat proof, a person can stay in the finish line with there mongoose and get a point every 2 seconds, to fix this add grav lifts. The people can just walk into the finish line, to fix this add tele's that bring them to an uncertain death. This map dosent have much walls, they can fall of the road and drive back up to the dunes and get the point, add more walls to fix this and really test your map more, it looks as if no one has tested this. The mancannon sometimes fails and throws you off the road, not cool. Just connect the roads, the mancannon bit is totally un-necessary.

3. Tay25

Tay25 Forerunner

There is no point in making it uncheatable if you play with people that aren't going to cheat... I don't know how many times i have to tell you people at forgehub. I am not wasting my money on making it uncheatable. Also if you fall of the track you either go through the teleporter which brings you to the start or drive back. This map was tested around 8 times to get the jump right, it is as best as I can get like I said I worked 12 hours alone on the jump. The jump is there because I wanted to create a map with a jump, also there is no point in perfecting the map because reach comes out in 8 days and no one will be playing these maps anymore anyways.

#3 Tay25, Sep 6, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2010
  4. V

V Ancient

Then why bother making the map and uploading it here in the first place? If you're not even gonna make the map the best it could be then what business do you have here in the maps section?

Oh and you can tell us people at forge hub that you're not gonna waste money making the maps uncheatable, but if you haven't noticed, the real good race maps are all uncheatable.

5. Tay25

Tay25 Forerunner

There is no point making it uncheatable because no one I play with is ever going to cheat... there are plenty of great maps that don't have uncheatable destinations. Everytime a map is uploaded I always see everyone saying like oh its cheatable.. obviously it is cheatable, that isn't what you should be basing all your maps off of.

6. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Talented
    Forge Critic Senior Member

While I do agree with you to some extent, making it uncheatable shows that you care enough about the map you made to make it as enjoyable as possible for anyone ELSE that plays it besides you and your friends. If you're going to make a map for just you and your rule-abiding friends, that's perfectly fine. But it's generally an accepted rule that race maps are uncheatable, simply due to the fact that not everyone is like your friends.

7. Tay25

Tay25 Forerunner

I understand thank you for saying it in a nice way rather than the others, I would make it uncheatable but don't have enough money left. I also don't use money glitched maps because i dislike them so there is no way to get enough money to do it.

8. Doodot

Doodot Forerunner

I agree with you all partially but to back Tay up here Sand Serpent was a great tournament track, one of the best tracks ever made and it is cheatable, there are many great maps with cheatable destinations.