Nile Fever

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by urban destroyer, Apr 21, 2009.

1. urban destroyer

urban destroyer Ancient

lol beat ya to it download and let me no wat you think

2. CHUNKIEluver00

CHUNKIEluver00 Ancient

Looks really good I think this is the first conquest map I'm actually gonna dl and try w/ my friends! BTW H3 takes place in the 26th century... lol halo nerd ^_^

3. urban destroyer

urban destroyer Ancient

Lol ooo im sooo sry

4. Black C4t

Black C4t Ancient

Yay positive comments 3 pages is a record for me,Im glad you guys like our map.
    Im expecting our ratings to sky rocket....And to the poeple commenting thanks for ur feedback im glad this isnt just some lonely thread people will forget we put some positive effort into it sooooo ENJOY!!!

5. Gunnergrunt

Gunnergrunt Ancient

It looks like there would be lots of assassinations with all those corners, walls, and columns. But it does have a nice layout. I would like to test this with you and maybe offer some pointers in forge. Feel free to inv my over XBL if you wanna take me up on that.

6. urban destroyer

urban destroyer Ancient

yea i would love to test the map wit you snd me a friend request or sumnthin

7. Leeumm

Leeumm Ancient

I remember playing on this a few nights ago. I don't really have any complaints at all, actually. Very aesthetically pleasing, gameplay's great (a few assassinations because of the corners, but nothing too big.) I had no clue the center was a pyramid until I saw the overview. lol. Anyways, great map, definitely worth a DL.

8. coyoteboy1023

coyoteboy1023 Ancient

I loved the map. Glad you took the initiative to ask for a few tips, when we played it, the map WAS conquest, yet it had a different feel. There was still a constant push back and forth but it wasn't as tight. This map is a prime example of how you can fit the guidelines for a conquest map and still have something unique: A map based more on long range than close combat. You also still maintained that initially standoff feeling when each team meets the first time and repetitively hides behind cover.

Wrong: The grenades in conquest may be strong, but the purpose is that there are few of them. Each team will have maybe 2 out of all 4-8 players each time they attack the center. That is hardly any grenades at all. If you did place it out of the path, they would be rarely used and therefore only experienced players would have an advantage.

Anyways, great work.

9. urban destroyer

urban destroyer Ancient

I think the gernades are just fine...it helps balance the map nicely.

#29 urban destroyer, Apr 23, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2009