Nile Fever

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by urban destroyer, Apr 21, 2009.

1. urban destroyer

urban destroyer Ancient

A new map made by Urban Destroyer aka BLUE MAG1C 91 and Black C4t aka ABS echo flame we present to you Nile Fever! The Nile delta was once a stratigic Location for ancient civilizations,Now in the 25th century it still is! Right from the start Nile Fever is Loaded with asythetic beauty.Its imposing pyramid makes this map stand out from others.Besides the looks however, This map boasts some of the funnest and worthwhile game play thats ever been seen in conquest.

Weapon List: 2 brute shots
    2 snipers
    2 frags
    4 plasmas
    4 brs
    2 carbines
    4 plasma rifles
    4 smgs
    4 magnums

Now on to the Pictures!

An overview of the map
    [​IMG]

Blue base
    [​IMG]

Blue sniper and second territory
    [​IMG]

red base
    [​IMG]

Reds third territory right before the middle territory
    [​IMG]

Inside the pyramid
    [​IMG]

pyramid 2
    [​IMG]

Overview2
    [​IMG]

SORRY i forgot a pic of blues third territory,its basically the same as red but the cover looks different(i used fins and flipped them over flat and merged them into the walls)

TO DOWNLOAD NILE FEVER CLICK HERE:Bungie.net : Halo 3 File Details

I wanna give thanks to all the helped test this map:ABS chuco,ummm taste vengeance and some other people I cant remember.

#1 urban destroyer, Apr 21, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2009
  2. Eyeless Sid

Eyeless Sid Ancient

I tested this earlier and it does play well and inside the center pyramid it gets very hectic. It can be defended by taking vantage points but be warned theres no cover in those spots :]. I had fun testing it and id reccomend this map its worh a play. Good work :]

3. freezingshdw

freezingshdw Ancient

wow.....how long did it take you to make this map? its amazing!!

4. Rifte

Rifte Ancient

The aesthetics here are impressive, I can imagine there would be some fun firefights in these narrow hallways, and players would definitely have to get creative with the covers to capture them, and the weapons here are balanced. Nice conquest map, worth a dl.

5/5

5. hxc emokid rawr

hxc emokid rawr Ancient

Looks amasing I cant wait to try it out!!!! XD

6. Rusty Keyes

Rusty Keyes Ancient

When I walked into the center room it occurred to me that it would be really cool if there was some kind of upper walkway on the sides, like even maybe if you brought the gold columns down lower so people could walk on them.

The place where you put the snipers is very cool.

7. xPsychZerox

xPsychZerox Ancient

Great map man. Aesthetics are great and the layout looks smooth. I will be sure to download this later great job again. 5/5

8. R0FLninja

R0FLninja Ancient

wow, this looks great, indeed layed out well for conquest, it looks as it could be played on CTF as well, great map layout and key weapons are placed well, an excellent map.

4.95/5 excellent job

9. Jpec07

Jpec07 Ancient

So a few things: it looks like the sniper is next to impossible to notice for someone whose main focus is on getting to the front lines of the conflict, and they're less likely to pick it up if they can't see it. Also, from what I'm seeing, your grenades are right in the middle of the main run path--grenades are considered power weapons and should be placed outside the main path to the point where you won't pick them up unless you make a conscious decision to deviate from your path and pick them up. Other than that, it looks like it's got a lot of potential. I'm curious, were you planning on entering this in the conquest forgeoff over at xForgery?

10. TexasTuckers

TexasTuckers Ancient

i am going to test this map out because from the pics it looks great but im not sure how well it will play. but nice job making everything neat

11. urban destroyer

urban destroyer Ancient

Thanks for all the good feed back plz download and let me know wat you think...and to answer some of Jpec07's questions....the sniper is a bit hard to see but not impossible...also the gernades are placed in a way were it helps both attacking and defending teams and if you download and play the map you will know what i mean...and no i wasnt submiting it in any contests.

12. Jpec07

Jpec07 Ancient

Hard to see = no one picks it up if they don't already know about it. And the grenades will be just as universally helpful if they're placed out of the main run path where they won't be picked up unintentionally (since in Conquest you don't spawn with grenades). Don't get me wrong, it's a great map, I'm just being critical and nitpicking at the few things I see wrong with it.

13. urban destroyer

urban destroyer Ancient

to answer Jpec07's question...the sniper is hard to notice but not impossible and when ur actually playin you can see it better...and the gernades are placed so that the defensive and offensive teams can use them...its just better if you download the map and play for urself to no wat i mean...and no im not submiting this map in any contest.

sry for posting the same **** i thought my other reply didnt go through or sumthin....sry

#13 urban destroyer, Apr 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2009
  14. Indie Anthias

Indie Anthias Unabash'd Rubbernecker

I gotta say, this really impressed me, the game we ran on it tonight was awesome. The greatest strength is the space, I enjoyed it much more than the usual crowded halls of conquest. The center room is pretty big, very refreshing for people like me who like more long-range battles. The one super-long line of sight allows the sniper to fill it's true role.

There are a few semi-messy areas, but I'm not complaining about that. I don't even know why I mention it besides it's the thing to do around here. It doesn't bother me. I do agree that the almost invisable sniper rifle is a problem, it's not intuitive. Should be easy to fix.

Great map. I like it much. Good talking to you tonight as well, Blue Magic.

15. urban destroyer

urban destroyer Ancient

thanks for the good replies

16. Black C4t

Black C4t Ancient

This is what happens when you mix time hard work and hours of testing to build improvements.I enjoyyed building this map with u. And to the people posting don't forget this is a partner forged map.Anyways I like the style that we built this map from it's the layout of Socratic method but with the different look and feel to it.I'm glad I could assist building this and for my sake I hope it gets far.

#16 Black C4t, Apr 22, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
  17. Spaghettimanp1

Spaghettimanp1 Ancient

Great asthetics, I will definetly dl and play a few rounds

18. russell555

russell555 Ancient

i would never be able to do a map like that i give u a 5/5 bro if i was the 1 tring it would be like random boulder everywere...lol

19. urban destroyer

urban destroyer Ancient

20. IDave the Rave

IDave the Rave Ancient

DAMN YOU I WAS GONNA MAKE A CONQUEST MAP WITH A PYRAMID!

But anyway, this map looks good, with a good amount of space. I can't really say anything I dont like about this map, most likely because I haven't played it yet.