New theory...

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by VergilPrime, Oct 3, 2010.

1. VergilPrime

VergilPrime Forerunner

Mankind is Forrunner? I started at Halo 3 so i could be missing some elements, but it seems like the humans in the series could be somehow linked to the forrunner. I dont just mean like the second coming i mean like....

Forunner---------dead............humankind comes--------- Humankind becomes forrunner

See its a cycle... the humans become the forrunner, and they either send their stuff back in time to change something (like the flood destroying their race) or time is cyclical and it just went around.

Oddly enough I remember barely a symbol somewhere on UNSC equipment that was the monitor... you know the symbol, its also selectable in the Armory. But it was that symbol that started me thinking back in H3. I cant remember where I saw it on Human tech, but i know I did. and also theres the fact that Cortana and the AI extraced from the forrunner complex on Reach look IDENTICAL.

And does anyone else think its weird that all the forrunner structures found on planets HAPPEN to be on human dominated planets like Earth and Reach and the one from Wars?

#1 VergilPrime, Oct 3, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2010
  2. Nemihara

Nemihara Ancient

No one has ever thought of that. You truly represent a great mind.

Your main problem.

The Forerunner selected the humans as one of their protected species. To protect them from the Flood and the firing of the Halos, the Forerunner gathered up an adequate number of humans and sent them to the Ark using the Key Ship that the Prophet of Truth has in Halo 2/3.
    The key difference between humans and other species in the galaxy (those still existing at the time of the game) is that humans were designated by the Forerunner to be Reclaimers; it is implied that they intended humanity to succeed them. The reasons for this aren't given, but it probably has to do with vague similarities in appearance.

Time travel (and hell, any possibility of humans being Forerunners at all) is outruled by the Terminals in Halo 3. The Forerunners discovered Earth and humanity outside of their last defensive line, the Maginot Sphere.

It's less canonical and more of Bungie putting their symbol all over the place. Example: In Winter Contingency, there's an odd symbol by the gate.

The AI that Halsey gave Noble 6 was Cortana.

They were colonies. There were also tons of Forerunner artifacts on Covenant planets (which is why they were so much more advanced in technology than humans). This wide spread of Forerunner technology implies more that the Forerunner's empire spanned the entire galaxy.

#2 Nemihara, Oct 3, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2010
  3. VergilPrime

VergilPrime Forerunner

I cant tell if thats sarcasm...

4. Combat P3nguin

Combat P3nguin Ancient

indeed, we always new that the humans must of been linked to them somehow casue all of their technology worked with humans.

5. VergilPrime

VergilPrime Forerunner

Right! And thats something thats used in alot of sci-fi, where as we are the second coming. But do you remember Guilty Spark telling Cheif "You ARE forrunner" that hit me a bit. Im looking for the monitor symbol on humantech but im not seeing it. I wish i could remember. If the forrunner did send the Halos and whatnot back to their earlier selves, it did what it was supposed to do. Mankind nipped the flood in the butt early. I remember a mission called "full circle" and id like to look into whether or not that is some kind of hint.

6. artifact123

artifact123 Forerunner

Yes, that symbol is the Marathon symbol from Bungie's previous serie: Marathon. They throw that symbol everywhere.

And that AI IS Cortana. But she isn't Forerunner. Halsey made her.

7. VergilPrime

VergilPrime Forerunner

mmm no, Cortana was with Cheif on the Pillar of Autumn at that time wasnt she? and Halsey told Noble team that the AI was from the construct.

8. artifact123

artifact123 Forerunner

No! That Package, that Package you bring to the autumn... Is Cortana.

9. VergilPrime

VergilPrime Forerunner

Cortana first met John-117 prior to the Fall of Reach, when she was integrated into his new MJOLNIR Mark V armor. Together, Cortana and the Chief passed a test that was devised (Dr. Halsey would have called it "sabotaged") by Colonel James Ackerson. The test included armed ODSTs, anti-tank mines, automatic turrets in the razor field, and even a SkyHawk for an air strike. After the test, Cortana was installed into the Pillar of Autumn to run the ship's shakedown and oversee the refit. Afterward it was planned that she would be replaced with the Pillar of Autumn's true AI, but she was forced to take up this duty herself ultimately. While aboard, she took her revenge on Colonel Ackerson by hacking into his system and blackmailing him, hoping that this would send him back to the front lines. She also developed a deep personal loyalty to John-117 that would only grow stronger over their adventures together. - Halopedia

10. Combat P3nguin

Combat P3nguin Ancient

When cortana was made, she was split one half with the chief and the other have with halsey, the cortana with halsey is a research cotana basicaly, this side of cortana is storred with all the imformation about the forrunners.

So when in Reach you play the mission the package your transporting that half of cortana.

11. VergilPrime

VergilPrime Forerunner

Ohhh ok that works. SO we can say that the marathon symbol may or may not point towards positive evidence, and the cortana thing probably not.

12. Tex

Tex Ancient

damn nemi, i forgot how much of a nerd u were.

o/

13. Nemihara

Nemihara Ancient

Just because I assemble information into counterpoints? Ah, I guess.

/o

14. VergilPrime

VergilPrime Forerunner

Almost missed the edits you made to your post sorry.

Ok, so that explains alot more. Still odd that Spark called Cheif forerunner isnt it? those were his last "sane" words. Perhaps Halsey used some forerunner technology she researched on Reach in the creation of the Spartans? I mean "Officially" the Forerunner stuff hadnt been dug up yet, but who knows how long Oni had known about crap before they said anything?

15. Ladnil

Ladnil Ancient

Mankind is forerunner?

[​IMG]