New Forge Glitch

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Jex Yoyo, Sep 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. diger44

diger44 Ancient

This looks like it was a question for me.

Basically Post Bracing is making the "ground" higher so the box sits higher up due to the glitch with the glitch making it only go halfway. Using the same post bracing object for each merge will 100% Guarantee an equal merge for each "Ghost merged" object. Basically put down an object where you want the no-clipped box to be, Pre Brace a no-clipped box, and place your object on top of the first one. This will ensure an equal height for each merge that isn't always halfway.

2. Psychoduck

Psychoduck Spartan II
    343 Industries Cartographer Forge Critic Senior Member

Wow thats really cool. I need to try that.

3. L3377MA573R

L3377MA573R Ancient

I was wondering why everybody had such clean geomerging all of a sudden...
    Amazing find, man. Revolutionary feature, now I can finally bring my newest map to life.

4. Jzzkc

Jzzkc Ancient

This made me laugh inside. Even though it's horrible to make fun of third world people in constant hunger, it made me laugh inside. You have my kudos Death YoYo. Put it in a box and savor it.

Back on topic though, I want to summarize all of this pointless bickering.

If the following is not correct, please correct me:
    Up D-Pad + A = Unreliable because the dummy may not work
    Up D-Pad + X = Reliable because the object is already dummied, and you don't have to be host?

5. Jex Yoyo

Jex Yoyo POETRY, bitch.

Actually, neither is unreliable, people are just too -misinformed- to do it correct 100% of the time, and when it fails once because they messed up they come here and make a big deal about it. Thats why I call it unreliable, because if you 'think' you dummied and object with spartan, and you didnt, chances are you shoudnt be playing halo.

edit: -misinformed- was used to replace a very mean word.

6. Kronos

Kronos Ancient

people think up and a is unreliable because they are just failing. People push the object away, it moves, they think its dummied, but it really had just not settled yet from being spawned.

7. II6clique jxIxj

II6clique jxIxj Ancient

This is amazing! just one question and I went the the FAQ already so sorry if i missed it, but is the NEVER respond object still usable? because if you end the game after saving and go back in the game the piece will reappear, so if I were to turn it back to normal and use it will it mess up my ghost merged object that I already put where I wanted it?

8. Mischgasm

Mischgasm Ancient

No it would not mess up your ghost merge.

9. Spicy Forges

Spicy Forges Ancient

I found that once you dummy a double or single box on foundry you cant push it away with a fence wall. Its not really an issue but just telling everyone seeing as its related to the no-clip glitch.

Im not sure if this has been mentioned before but to push an object away do you have to have another object of equal or greater size?

10. Jex Yoyo

Jex Yoyo POETRY, bitch.

No, I actually have used a barrel to move it. You probably just did it wrong. Now you can take pride in either being the victum of incredible lag or just really unlucky.

11. GOG TOXIC

GOG TOXIC Ancient

I always sucked at geomerging. This is faster and it works much more efficienttly. I can make those maps I wanted to now.

12. Spicy Forges

Spicy Forges Ancient

I tried. I dummied the object with the fence wall and it didnt work. I then spawned a double box tried again and it worked fine.

13. Viet Honor

Viet Honor Ancient

I'm happy to say that I love this glitch, and it works almost perfectly for me. Hopefully a feature like this will be implemented into Halo: Reach, but purposely.

14. Noxiw

Noxiw Ancient

I'd be happier if we still had to glitch to get the same result. If not, our hard work will be overlooked by all the other maps of the world that use it and suck.

But that's just me. I suppose if it was included, we would just have to have our quality and dedication raise like 1000%

15. Psychoduck

Psychoduck Spartan II
    343 Industries Cartographer Forge Critic Senior Member

I just tried this and it worked This is awesome!

16. Jzzkc

Jzzkc Ancient

Crypto has a valid point, After dummying a few Block, Doubles.. I found that a Block, Large moves the doubles much easier than smaller objects, such as a wall.

My source: Experience.

<3

17. Jex Yoyo

Jex Yoyo POETRY, bitch.

Notice what I underlined? He said that is was impossible, I said that it was possible, and then you both said that it is difficult. Which, it is, but still possible. Also noted that if you have a single object with exactly 100 objects fused into it, you create an in game lag button; touch it and chaos ensues! Just a little warning incase you wanted to try it.

18. nixaguy

nixaguy Forerunner

Is it possible to ghost merge on sandbox without OLN objects? i havent been able to succesfully do it, however i have did it on foundry ?

19. Organite

Organite Journalist

So while ghost merging a little while back I put an object in the ground and it disappeared. I noticed that the teardrop was still there. I got closer to where the object should've been and the green hand showed up on nothing. i turned into a spartan and tried to go through the invisible object and was stopped. alot like an invisible wall. just thought i'd mention that. dunno how i did it though.

20. Love Slice

Love Slice Ancient

I started up a round of forge today for the first time in quite some time (unfortunately) and was finally able to test this new method out. Although I don't plan on making anymore maps (I've never actually released on anyways), this is a very fun thing to mess around with. If only we had this method when Foundry first came out :) Great job to all the guys who discovered/perfected this method. It's amazing.

Oh, and looking at the crypt from under the map is really cool too. There's no death barrier (that I could find) anywhere, so you're free to zoom around as you please.

As others have mentioned, I just want Halo: Reach to have an automatic no-clip option. Bungie will do it if they're smart.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.