New Forge Glitch

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Jex Yoyo, Sep 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jex Yoyo

Jex Yoyo POETRY, bitch.

Updated the first page big time, and got rid of all of those nasty useless things that were sitting there annoying people. Also, I removed the spoiler because it seemed like it made people not want to read the tips very much.

Edit: Didnt even realize it, but this is exactly what diger44 told me to do...

...again...

2. NinKeith

NinKeith Ancient

Ok I just found a way to make this glitch a little easier. I didn't read the last 300 sumthin posts+ so if anyone else figured this out already sorry.

Basically this way you can do the ghost merge glitch but you'll only have to make one despawning object per round that you do the glitch, per item.

1. o first do the glitch as normal, and merge your first object.
    2. The little ghost of the first object (the one that appears when u set the object to instant respawn) should still be where it was.
    3. Turn the run-time min to 0 to despawn that ghost object.
    4. Dummy another object (same object type you used before)
    5. Grab that third object and set the run-time min to the same as the max
    6. Merge that object as necessary

Repeat steps 2-6 to your hearts content. The only problem is when you restart the round, you have to start from step 1 again. But this way you don't have to use 2 objects per merge.

Also just dropping a ghosted object in midair will make it float. I thought that was cool too.

All credit for this goes to Jake Space Man (assuming nobody discovered it first)

And a little funny glitch I found:

[bungievid]94159997[/bungievid]
    If the vid gives you an error: http://www.bungie.net/Online/Halo3UserContentDetails.aspx?h3fileid=94159997

#322 NinKeith, Sep 20, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2009
  3. Jex Yoyo

Jex Yoyo POETRY, bitch.

First off, all of those little things (multiple per round, floating) have been known since the beginning. If none of these were mentioned in the first post, I would like to know so that I may update that. Also, I cant view you video period because I cant see it here, and for some reason windows live isnt working on B.net, so it wont let me download the video, or even get on B.Net. I dont know what the problem is, but if you could just type your funny little glitch, I would appreciate that. =)

#323 Jex Yoyo, Sep 20, 2009
  4. avocado100

avocado100 Ancient

this is amazing! i cant wait to make a map. you are a genius!!!

5. Youtuber

Youtuber Ancient

Can someone go ahead and rename the thread to Ghost Merging, or No clip. It would be very helpful to the people searching for it.

6. Jex Yoyo

Jex Yoyo POETRY, bitch.

I can. And, I did. You were about the fourth person to complain, and that was enough for me to decide that it was worth changing. I had kept it the same to save people the trouble of trying to find it with a new name, but I guess it doesnt matter anymore, because almost 90% of posts now have gone from helpful to congradulatory, and there will soon be a forging 101 tutorial so it will eventually be obsolete.

Edit: Ahh, apparently even if I change the title it still shows up as 'New Forge Glitch' everywhere. Obviously I dont have the power to do so...

#326 Jex Yoyo, Sep 20, 2009
  7. LIGHTSOUT225

no-clip is dumb, and wont be the name on the F101, just FYI.

there's no verb to "no-clip merge"

Itll be ghost merge most likely, but if there's another decent name it can be considered.

8. diger44

diger44 Ancient

I second Youtuber's post. But please don't call it ghost merging. I said this so many times. Too many people call it ghostmerging. I. Hate. It. No-clipping is what it should be called.
    Edit: meh call it No-clipping, thats an adjective. If the F101 is called Ghost merging I will, I repeat WILL kill myself. Its soo immature and doesnt fit the chain of glitchs: Interlocking geomeging and No clipping. That works. It is not just a merge, its a 'lock too ya'know

#328 diger44, Sep 20, 2009
  9. Jex Yoyo

Jex Yoyo POETRY, bitch.

Umm... Bad timing. I think I will take this oppertunity to log off, and leave now before some gets verbally raped in the ass. I just am not a fan of those events.

10. LIGHTSOUT225

no, it shouldnt. and it wont.

sorry.

ghost merge may not be the best name, but its far better than no-clip, especially since that makes no sense at all. if anything, clip-merge, because the glitch enables clipping, not disables it.

#330 LIGHTSOUT225, Sep 20, 2009
  11. diger44

diger44 Ancient

Read my edit. By the time I finish posting, two more come here. Read my argument on my last post

Edit: Im going now and I won't be on untill the afternoon ( I hate school) and I wont be on tuesday..... Well you know why... And Lightsout. Please time the F101 release untill after ODST comes out. Like 4 or 5 days for the hype to calm down and for peoppe to remember that forging exists and check out this site. I still vote for a title that has -clip in it. Mebe no-clip isnt the best, But I like Clip-Merging or somthing, but DONT CALL IT GHOST MERGING. Plzzzzzzzzz/ Hard Justice mode

#331 diger44, Sep 20, 2009
  12. Jex Yoyo

Jex Yoyo POETRY, bitch.

Man, now i'm required to post this;

13. diger44

diger44 Ancient

Goddam why does everyone post before im done editing and typing,

And lol YoYo.

14. Mischgasm

Mischgasm Ancient

It's already called ghost merging, even if you change the official name, people are still going to call it ghost merging. Now quit bitching.

15. diger44

diger44 Ancient

Ugh, I think this calls for a vote... Yoyo, post a poll on this thread with the popular names and see which one gets the most, after that Ill say its final and Ill shut my mouth...

16. Black Theorem

Black Theorem Ancient
    Forge Critic Senior Member

It wouldn't matter, even if it was No-clipping that won. You know why? Because there's no way to enforce someone to say it. The term Ghost merging is quite popular already, especially since it's what people have been asking Bungie for in Forge for a long time. It's easier to understand what the glitch does with a name like Ghost merging. And lastly, it just sounds better than No-clipping (IMO).

Also, a threat to commit suicide is serious.

17. G043R

G043R Ancient

I think we will have a vote... where the voters will get to vote.

Already now Yo yo your the only voter... tell us your vote... and tell us who won....already I'm tired of waiting.... lol.

18. Zombievillan

Zombievillan Ancient
    Forge Critic Senior Member

You say yourself that so many people call it ghost merging, so why should we change it to YOUR liking as opposed to 3,000 other people who call it ghosting. It really isnt a big deal so its okay, put down the gun, LOL.

19. Noxiw

Noxiw Ancient

I've called it ghosting objects since Farcry, and while yes, no-clipping is more professional sounding, you can't change everyone's mind. I use both terms, depending on how I am feeling at any givin' moment.

Although I must say, I am quite glad that my "Pre-brace" terminology has stuck. :)

20. diger44

diger44 Ancient

Im getting tired of this stupid argument myself, Call it what you want, I don't care anymore, It doesn't matter, What does matter is that someone found this glitch and It will revoultionaize forging untill Halo: Reach when forge becomes obsolete. Also no matter what you call it, It is still a No-Clip glitch where an object does not clip its surroundings...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.