New Duck Hunt

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Mini Game Maps' started by monkeyrantz, Aug 31, 2008.

1. monkeyrantz

monkeyrantz Ancient

unfortunately, no. i have run out of supplies, even if i were to start using the ultimate money glitch, i am out of wall building materials.

2. StreetSoccer12

StreetSoccer12 Ancient

Haha I already played it, Why would you think I didn't play it? Trust me some of the boxes are alittle crooked, but it's not a big deal.

3. Krazy Kumquat

Krazy Kumquat Ancient

Looks really good from the pictures. I've been looking for a new duck hunt map that actually plays well and was carefully made. Everything looks great I'll get back to you on gameplay once I get a game on it.

Does the gametype play well with other duck hunt maps? I'll probably answer my own question when I play it with my other duck hunt maps.

4. M.Jelleh

M.Jelleh Ancient

This looks like a pretty cool new version of duck hunt. The original was pretty lame just because a lot of versions were built really badly, but this looks really cool.

5. EGP

EGP Ancient

Thanks for remaking it this looks very good, I am going to download.
    Also can the ducks grab a bubble shield and throw it into the sniping cage?

6. monkeyrantz

monkeyrantz Ancient

oh, i thought you were talking about the floors. sorry, lol.

thank you and no. its simply to far away from where you run.

7. n00bsk00lbus309

n00bsk00lbus309 Ancient

Oh BTW monkeyrantz i was playing this map so much with my friends! like literally hours! We have gotten pretty good but we noticed that we were getting good enought that we could finish and have to wait one or two minutes in the hut! you should come out with a easy medium and hard setting where hard you must make it in one minute! mediumis two and easy you have 3 and so people can't just stay there have a dumpster spawn on the ending teleporter and a gravlift to push them above the map so the can get killed! Also don't you have like a ton of walls left to make floors or is it just that you don't have stuff for them to hide behind? if you are ever gonna add more add me and i'll help you test! GT: n00bsk00lbus309

#27 n00bsk00lbus309, Sep 1, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2008
  8. pinohkio

pinohkio Ancient

i dont really anything that i like here but im just one forger out of some 20 000 so dont listen to me except foor the part where i say i like the inverted turn that you saidyou could run upno dl tho i already have enuf duck hunt maps

9. The killinghalo

The killinghalo Ancient

I definetly prefer this to infected snipe and all those 30 second maps

10. Ja Red is Ninja

Ja Red is Ninja Ancient

Simply amazing... This far surpasses the others. I like what I am seeing in this map. I like the level system.

11. LieutenantAshler

Oh, I like this. I played a different version of Duck hunt but the people I played with were sad little kids who complained. The inverted turn has me puzzled, is there a gravity lift that helps you make the run?

12. XED360X

XED360X Ancient

13. KB

KB Ancient

Wow! Looks great! The interlocking and merging and all look spectacular. I love the concept of the waiting room because it is so unique. The lifts and switches and fancy forge stuff also look great. I also like how you did the first room where you spawn. It looks very neat and clean. The only thing I dislike about this one is the "hunter's" cage. It is rather sloppy but it keeps the hunter in which I think is much more important than aesthetics. You put some time into your post making in nice, clean, and neat which means that you spent a lot of time making this map and you want EVERYTHING about it to be nice. Here are my ratings:

Originality: 8/10
    Explanation: The only thing that kept it from being a ten was the fact that duck hunt has already been invented and this is a new version of it. The waiting room and the concept of the level spawning scored big on this.

Aesthetics: 9/10
    Explanation: Great interlocking! Smooth with no rough edges at all. The curve lift majorly impressed me. The only thing keeping this from a ten is the hunter cage. I still gave you a ton of credit though for putting playability before aesthetics even though your aesthetics are splendid.

Fun Factor: 10/10
    Explanation: Since this is a minigame, I could not put playability but Fun Factor instead. The way you revolutionized the way Duck Hunt maps are made will help future duck hunt maps. This map is incredibly fun to play with medium to large parties.

Overall: 9/10

Final Comments:
    Wow you really did a great job. First of all, making a mini game map which is neat and fun was rather impressive. The unique structures and buildings were amazing. Aesthetics astounded me. You did a great job pioneering the way future duck hunt maps are made. Excellent work! I hope to see MUCH more from you in the future!

-Th Kn1ght

monkeyrantz likes this.
  14. NUKEZILLA

NUKEZILLA Ancient
    Banned

well designed and thought out duck hunt redo. good interlocking but somewhat sloppy. i like the idea of the 2nd area. very good

15. Vycious159

Vycious159 Ancient

I thought the inverted slant was very clever i would think lotsa people will use the idea now

16. Duckyz

Duckyz Ancient

wow i love duck hunt... w8 no i dont :mad:

and too stop the anoying player who sits and w8s till level 2 spawns you could insituate a fusion coil track that leads from the door to the duck spawn place ending in a big pile of coils

the have to be on a spawn time ofcouse
    and this will also take care of the players who have to go but the leader doesnt wanter boot or somthing

i put this in a duck hunt map of my own but without the trail just a small cubby hole with a coil popping out

also 4/5 love the 2 level thing

17. whitehalo3

whitehalo3 Ancient

You put a lot of thought into this. It looks nice except for the part about the over shields. You need to take those out. I also like the anti cheat proof zombie. I love maps that are cheat proof. 4/5.

18. firewolf34

firewolf34 Ancient

W00t!! Finnaly a non-crappy duck hunt map where everything isnt a sloppy, random walls thrown all over the map, style map. This is the best duck hunt map i have played. 4.9 out of 5. Really love the slide thing.