New Bigger Foundry OMGOMGOMG

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Mallet, Jul 25, 2008.

1. Godsend024

Godsend024 Ancient

The only problem is Bungie is already having to deal with an influx of modified content on file shares, I myself had a modded map with NPCs in, they didn't moved or anything, but that was done on a small scale, imagine if everyone had access to mod the maps, someone will figure out how to tweak something else, and so on and so forth.
    It also means that Bungie servers on which file shares are hosted would be open to the net, atm it's a closed network in one sense as only 360's can directly connect to it, with .php or .aspx queries, which ever the bungie.net forums are coded in, to make it possible to download maps to the 360, but apart from that, you can't actually get into the database easily, having a direct connection to the file share servers would mean that they could suffer from large or small scale DoS attacks, or other malicious attacks.
    Well that atleast is my understanding of how fileshare servers work, as I am not a bungie network engineer, I wouldn't know :D

2. BiskitAsassin

BiskitAsassin Ancient

i think i have herd about a new map pack, i cant remember what it was called, something begining with an "I" or "S" but i read about it in bungie forums. (and for those downers who think it's a myth... the post i read was by "lukems" a bungie staff member.)

3. b0ng0fr33

b0ng0fr33 Ancient

hmm i cant wait if it does come out...think of how big forgehub would be! hell ya lol

4. xTheGrimPeeperx

xTheGrimPeeperx Ancient

Key word here, "Discussions". Yes, there are discussions about a Foundry style map, but that does not mean there will be one. There is a good possibility of a Foundry-style map, but there is still a possibility that there will be no Foundry-style map. Don't get your hopes up.

5. Jake Pajamas

Jake Pajamas Guest

Dude no offense but I already posted this a few weeks ago, why does everyone freak out now?

6. DRiSCOLL

DRiSCOLL Ancient

Wow that could be only good for not only forge hub but the whole Bunnie community, the recent map pack was a disappoint besides blackout and i feel this is a way Bunnie is redeeming them selves. I can only wait and hope its as good/ or even better than the original foundry because i swear if i hear the sound of foundy one more time im going to ...never mind

But i see what orange says and what they said in the forge cast, Discussing could mean many things but i hope and i know we all do, is that they are more making/working on it than discussing.

good luck Bungie your our only hope :)