New Bigger Foundry OMGOMGOMG

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Mallet, Jul 25, 2008.

1. MealonX

MealonX Ancient

Old news... Yawn...
    BUT IM STILL EXCITED!!!

2. Stoj

Stoj Ancient

T'would be awesome..but knowing bungie they'll somehow disappoint us.

3. SlasheI2

SlasheI2 Ancient

They might add the same pipes as in the original foundry except put them on all parts of the walls.

4. SE7ENS1NS4M

SE7ENS1NS4M Ancient

Yeah he just said that the forums were discussing it...meaning that they were discussing it, not making it, considering it, or anything of the sorts.
    it WOULD kick ass though if they made a map like taht(im sure they will sometime*soon*)

5. Y35 <3

Y35 <3 Ancient

haha
    it was great.
    *screams like a girl* OMGOMGOMGOMG

6. Xx BEHEM0TH xX

Xx BEHEM0TH xX Ancient

7. zoltan0

zoltan0 Ancient

If bungie won't even add new armor, why in the world would they add a texture and map editor? What are they ganna do? Send you a "Map Editor" disk? Why not just do that upon release? And the coding for that MUST be horrendous. And don't give me "it's not that hard" bullcrap unless you have extensive knowlege of how to code halo 3. The BEST we can hope for is what others have said, a bigger foundry with more immovable stuff, seeing as how little scenery there is in tje ;egendary map pack.

8. Nemihara

Nemihara Ancient

They can't add armor. If they did, it would take a lot of effort to go through. A map editor would probably be much easier than trying to recircumvent the code that they put in the game to allow new armor permutations.

9. zoltan0

zoltan0 Ancient

Let's just think about this. They'd have to include tons of objects, cones, walls, double walls, boxes, wire spools ect. Then they're have to include a 3d editing program into the cd, which would be costly. Then you'd have to download the map wich would also cost money. They'd have to also code the program to edit the blank map from pretty much scratch since the 3d programs they use are probably very very pricey. Then they'd have to mass produce CD's, and ship them, and also update halo. And you're expecting this sometime soon? Oh and don't forget that people would probably find some easy way to mod OTHER maps using this. Seeing as how much modders are progressing there's no telling what they could do with this.

All in all it's just too unlikley wiht the price of it, and with the risk of hacking.

10. Nemihara

Nemihara Ancient

Whereas adding armor would have to unblock itself from the engine. Which is harder than just sticking forge in a new disk.

11. Metallic Snake

Metallic Snake Ancient

yea, i think there just sayin theyve "talked" about it. i dont think itll actually happen. but think of it. maybe an outdoors area with a very tall fence, and a building on one side, like a court. everything outside it is green grass and sunshine. oooohhhhh. maybe a few broken buildings too. OOOOHHH, i shouldnt hope! itll never happen. Bungie will never kill theyre own map. Wait! we should all act as if we really do expect them to make a new one, then theyll realize they half to or well be like "atomic bomb!" we should definetly do that.

12. Mastar

Mastar Ancient

how hard would it be? just make a gigantic box..

13. The Nasal Abyss x

He mainly just said that there are people in the Bungie forums that are discussing it. He said nothing about Bungie themselves discussing it.

14. zoltan0

zoltan0 Ancient

I only used the armor as an example of how hard coding can be, why do you keep bringing that up? It really has nothing to do with this. A halo 3 map editor would be too risky. Think about it, you can edit a map in halo 3, people will find some way to edit other maps in halo 3 aswell.

15. Alex Smith

Alex Smith Ancient

Not going to happen sadly, but it would be awsome if it did.

16. version2

version2 Ancient

you two seem to have the same idea.

17. Zachary9990

Zachary9990 Ancient

I WANT A MAP THAT I CAN MAKE A MASSIVE BTB BATTLE ON THAT WILLLAST FOR DAYS BECAUSE OF ITS AWSOMENESS AND CONFUSTIONNESS. I NEED A MAP THAT HAS EVERY AVAILABLE OBJECT SO FAR AND UNLIMITED BUDGET AND ALSO THE SIZE OF AVALANCHE WITHOUT THE MOUNTIN IN THE MIDDLE AND HAVE IT BEING FLAT.

Sorry, had to get that off my chest.

18. garsykat19

garsykat19 Ancient

That would actually be pretty sweet, a BTB version of foundry, set in a Pelican hanger. With new and improved objects, different sized boxes(height and width)

....ahhh...would that ever be sweet...

19. M.Jelleh

M.Jelleh Ancient

I think they will make one in time. Not soon, but in time. There should be some kind of program to edit maps. It is possible because there are already design programs. All Bungie has to do is expand forge and put it on the computer.

20. TexturedSun

TexturedSun Ancient

*sigh*

How many times does it have to be said that they're not doing any major things to Forge. That rules out stuff like adding death barriers / Textures / all the stuff that people are suggesting short of making a new Themed map.